The Student Room Group

Possibility of al Qaeda having Nuclear Weapons from Pakistan

1) Ol' Boy Bin Laden's bin hidin in a mansion next to a military academy in the heart Pakistan.
2) Its obvious Senior officials from Pakistan's secret service/military/government have been helpin him and dupin the Americans for so long. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-pakistan-awkward-questions

Might as well open the possibility of the Terrorists even aquiring Nukes from Pakistan's nuclear arsenal...

I reckon they already have one :frown:

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Oh so.
'Most likely recieved support inside Pakistan'
in your mind reads as:
'Recieved support from everyone important inside Pakistan who are supplying him with Nuclear Weapons.'

Good reading skills.
Reply 2
The chances of a terrorist organisation having a viable nuclear device are beyond remote.
They don't have nuclear weapons... If they did, what would they be waiting for? He's already dead

I'll apologise if it turns out we all get blown up
Original post by Tommyjw
Oh so.
'Most likely recieved support inside Pakistan'
in your mind reads as:
'Recieved support from everyone important inside Pakistan who are supplying him with Nuclear Weapons.'

Good reading skills.

I hate you :daydreaming:

:smile:
Original post by Mad Vlad
The chances of a terrorist organisation having a viable nuclear device are beyond remote.

Says who?
Reply 6
Original post by slavetosociety
Says who?

Says the laws of probability.
Reply 7
I hate you :daydreaming:

:smile:

Lol.

Well i severely hope they do not have anything of this type, but i do not luck forward to any upcoming 'attacks' because of Osama.

Wasn't there something in Wikileaks?
Like.. back in 2001 or something, saying if we kill him they will bomb us .. something around that areaa.. Bad times.
Reply 8
They don't have nukes. People forget exactly what is required to launch a nuke. And just what is required to even transport them via ground.
Original post by Steevee
They don't have nukes. People forget exactly what is required to launch a nuke. And just what is required to even transport them via ground.

Precisely, even if by some absolute disaster Al Qaeda did aquire a Nuclear Weapon, it would take resources far beyond their capabilities just to launch/detonate the thing. In Western Europe or the US where the security is top notch it would be nigh on impossible.
Reply 10
Original post by Aspiring Medic 201
Precisely, even if by some absolute disaster Al Qaeda did aquire a Nuclear Weapon, it would take resources far beyond their capabilities just to launch/detonate the thing. In Western Europe or the US where the security is top notch it would be nigh on impossible.

I don't think they do have a nuke, but for the purposes of this discussion lets assume they do. It would not be too difficult to transport - some nuclear weapons can be the size of a baseball. It would not be too difficult to detonate, as they would contain the detonation devices with the weapon itself. For instance a thermonuclear bomb would be set off upon detonation by heating mercury around the nuclear material creating an explosion propelling the nuclear material for miles around. I think such a bomb would probably be beyond Pakistan's capabilities, and they would probably have a few kicking about that were the size of a couple of briefcases. These would require a reasonable amount of TNT/explosives/whatever to create an effective blast, but seeing as in this hypothetical scenario terrorists have already managed to secure the hardest part I don't think that it would be that much harder to get the material necessary.

Having had a read about it seems Pakistan has about 80-120 nuclear war heads. I don't think they even know where they all are, so it is not altogether impossible one could have gone missing - it's not like they would ever admit it.
Reply 11

At times, this seems ironic!
Original post by Tommyjw
Lol.

Well i severely hope they do not have anything of this type, but i do not luck forward to any upcoming 'attacks' because of Osama.

Wasn't there something in Wikileaks?
Like.. back in 2001 or something, saying if we kill him they will bomb us .. something around that areaa.. Bad times.

seems almost inevitable brahh, if nothing happened I think we'll be just as shocked, may mean they're planning some uber massive attack on everywhere at once
I think the likelihood of them detonating a Nuclear Weapon inside the UK successfully is almost impossible, partly because of Geographical location and partly because of the heightened vigilance of the security services which will certainly be the result of the killing of Osama Bin Laden. I think somewhere like Israel would be more susceptible to a nuclear attack purely because it's in a far more chaotic part of the world.
Reply 14
1) Ol' Boy Bin Laden's bin hidin in a mansion next to a military academy in the heart Pakistan.
2) Its obvious Senior officials from Pakistan's secret service/military/government have been helpin him and dupin the Americans for so long. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/02/osama-bin-laden-pakistan-awkward-questions

Might as well open the possibility of the Terrorists even aquiring Nukes from Pakistan's nuclear arsenal...

Discuss.

Its fairly easy to track nuclear weapons and nuclear materials back to their source. If it turns out they came from Pakistan and was deliberate I would not be surprised to see a nuclear strike on Pakistan tbh.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Says the laws of probability.

You don't want to go down that route.
Reply 16

Its easy. You rig a charge with some nuclear material. Dirty bomb done. Over 50 years tens of thousands will die of cancer due to the slight increase in background radiation.
Reply 17

Discuss.

BOOM!

Lol.
Reply 18
LI very much doubt a nuclear attack.There will be other attacks though.

But imagine a nuclear attack on the USA lmao.
Reply 19
Original post by Alex Jones
LI very much doubt a nuclear attack.There will be other attacks though.

But imagine a nuclear attack on the USA lmao.

There'd be so much fat in the skies it'd be raining blubber for weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest