The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tmx55
I'm going to a conference abroad and might not be able to access my emails.
If you can't, you best arrange someone else to do it from home if possible, because I doubt they'll phone everyone (e.g. I didn't get a phonecall about my interview...)

And remember you need to accept within 48 hours or something...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2241
Original post by George Agdgdgwngo
If you can't, you best arrange someone else to do it from home if possible, because I doubt they'll phone everyone.

And remember you need to accept within 48 hours or something...

Yep, if we're lucky enough to get a place we have to accept within 72 hours. I'll probably end up doing what you suggest, although I'd prefer not to have to give anyone access to all of my emails, and would really rather not have someone else find out before me if I'm unsuccessful!
Original post by tmx55
Yep, if we're lucky enough to get a place we have to accept within 72 hours. I'll probably end up doing what you suggest, although I'd prefer not to have to give anyone access to all of my emails, and would really rather not have someone else find out before me if I'm unsuccessful!
Yeah thats a bit of a bummer! Why don't you wait till you get there tomorrow and see what sort of internet access you can get throughout the day(s) (can you take a laptop and use wi-fi for example?). If you can't, it's probably the only sensible way around it to text someone at home your e-mail password and make sure they check a few times.

EDIT: Get a Blackberry :p:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2243
Original post by BMS123
Thanks for letting us know, when was your interview?

I imagine they will be getting busy this and next week...... I'm going out of my mind waiting to hear now. :s-smilie:

Interview was 7th April. Further e-mail stating it will be via e-mail. I suspect it will be on Friday though so not getting my hopes up about finding out today or tomorrow
Just rang the 0121 number and was told that they are checking something with the trust, or something. I hope that is good news. Apparently there are just a handful of us Clinical Engineer interviewees that haven't been informed yet.
Reply 2245
All the conferences i have been to have always had wifi access. I am sure someone there will let you use their computer if you explain the situation to them. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2246
Original post by chloe88
All the conferences i have been to have always had wifi access. I am sure someone there will let you use their computer if you explain the situation to them. Good luck :smile:

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine to be honest, I'm just a little put out by the unexpected delays (like everyone else!).
Reply 2247
Original post by Jonathan
Just rang the 0121 number and was told that they are checking something with the trust, or something. I hope that is good news. Apparently there are just a handful of us Clinical Engineer interviewees that haven't been informed yet.

If it's taking them this long to sort out a handful of Clinical Engineer places, how long is it going to take to go through the rest of us.
Reply 2248
Im getting so tired of this. its really unacceptable. I was told we would hear by the end of THIS week on thursday but all of a sudden its now end of NEXT week. I'm really at my wits end
Reply 2249
The stress of the waiting for this result, and Finals exams starting on Thursday is really interfering with my sleep. I'm having anxiety dreams, and still play over interview questions in my head! I did not think I would feel so uptight about the whole process!
Reply 2250
Original post by QueenAli
The stress of the waiting for this result, and Finals exams starting on Thursday is really interfering with my sleep. I'm having anxiety dreams, and still play over interview questions in my head! I did not think I would feel so uptight about the whole process!

If the process was done correctly, then you probably wouldn't be feeling so uptight (which I am myself and my parter is really starting to get annoyed with me!). If I do get a placement, I will certainly by trying to find out how to formally complain about the whole process - once I've head a couple of deep breaths so what I don't say anything to offensive.
Reply 2251
Original post by tmx55
Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fine to be honest, I'm just a little put out by the unexpected delays (like everyone else!).

Yeah, know what you mean. The whole thing has been totally disorganised. I wouldn't totally surprise me if we don't find. Having said I was sent the e-mail at 7.50am which would suggest they maybe doing overtime to clear the backlog. They still knew what bank holidays to expect before the assessment centre.
Reply 2252
Original post by chloe88
Yeah, know what you mean. The whole thing has been totally disorganised. I wouldn't totally surprise me if we don't find. Having said I was sent the e-mail at 7.50am which would suggest they maybe doing overtime to clear the backlog. They still knew what bank holidays to expect before the assessment centre.

In their defence they are only one working day late for med phys so far, it's just unfortunate for us that this translates to five real days late. Fingers crossed they'll impress us with their swift rescue of the situation.
Reply 2253
Original post by tmx55
Fingers crossed they'll impress us with their swift rescue of the situation.

Fingers crossed here :smile:
Reply 2254
I think I remember hearing at some point that they are going to be consulting with new trainees at several points during the scheme, wanting feedback about how things are running. I wonder if they will send out a questionnaire or something asking people's views on the selection process? Although that would probably be too much work in analysis after!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2255
Just got an email with the following dates:

Clinical Engineering 28th April 5th May
Medical Physics 5th 6th May
Life Sciences - 9th 13th May
Physiological Sciences 16th 20th May

Looks like I'm going to be waiting a few more days, though I only have to wait for Medical Physics.

Also said that it will NOT be possible to get feedback if not successful.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2256
Original post by nerobot

Looks like I'm going to be waiting a few more days, though I only have to wait for Medical Physics.

And presumably no apology?
Reply 2257
Original post by tmx55
And presumably no apology?

Don't be daft! Rest of the email was basically telling me to stop asking and be patient.
Reply 2258
Original post by nerobot

Oh ffs!! I've tried to be patient and pragmatic during this whole sorry debacle, but telling us we won't be able to get feedback?? Are they serious?? :mad:

Well the lady I asked at the interview said we should try asking for feedback from the local contacts (that is, the people at each hospital that would have had a say in shortlisting us), so that's what I'm going to try. They can't control who we send individual emails to!

Grr! :angry:

But good luck to those who will be hearing this week :redface:
Reply 2259
Original post by Panthea
At the interview said we should try asking for feedback from the local contacts (that is, the people at each hospital that would have had a say in shortlisting us), so that's what I'm going to try. They can't control who we send individual emails to!

Actually, that gives me an idea. Off to email the hospitals that I ranked in order to see if they can tell me if they know yet :redface:

Email sent. Will be interesting to see if they know and if they are able to tell me.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending