The Student Room Group

Banning Gay Kissing on TV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Conservatives in inequality shocker.
Original post by ussumane
ahh It was a thread similar to this that gave me two red gems before the update...

I can't even express my opinion on these sorts of threads.

Please don't remind me .. :teehee:
Reply 122
Original post by ibysaiyan
Please don't remind me .. :teehee:

So you remember? :rofl:

I was such a newb on TSR back then :moon:
Original post by Mally-xo
:colonhash: uhh, I hate ignorant religious fools like you.

And I dislike ignorant heathens like you.
Original post by God_X
I agree that it should be banned if only to protect gays from God's justice. If they don't change their ways, He will be just and send them to Hell.

Edit: Why all the neg reps? Christianity, Islam and Judaism all forbid homosexuality, and as the majority of people are part of one of these religions, we should not accept homosexuality in our society. God will punish them, and it's our duty to teach them the right ways before it's too late.

I agree. Homosexuality is not a natural state of affairs, never has been and never will be.
Original post by Jacktri

Original post by Jacktri
No straight male wants to see two guys kissing.

So don't watch it, problem solved
Reply 126
A Downing Street source told PinkNews.co.uk that contrary to the reports in the newspapers, the prime minister has yet to express a view on the report, and will not until it is published.

Source.

This allegation doesn't appear to have any basis in fact. I'd be very surprised if Cameron, a man who has spent his career trying to modernise and detoxify the Tory party, would support banning gay kissing on TV.
Original post by Ineluctable
And I dislike ignorant heathens like you.

you and God_X should totally get a room :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mynameisq
Haha classic Cambot!

i dont get the circled item in your sig :colondollar:
Original post by God_X
There's nothing ignorant in following the teachings of Christ. Atheists, on the other hand, take every opportunity they can to attack Christians whilst they have no evidence to prove their claims. It's silly, arrogant people like you who are ignorant.

Pot, kettle, black!
Reply 130
Original post by BlueJoker
It was obvious reading their manifesto that there were serious absences from GLBTQ rights. Like the fact that there was no mention of transgender rights and that the minister for equality that he elected is against gay marriage.

Name of the minister please? and where it says he is?
Reply 131
Original post by Lukesmall1
So don't watch it, problem solved

That's like saying "smoking in front of non smokers is fine just don't smell it"

it isn't possible to avoid
Original post by Fonix
This will never go through.

But if it does, I'm going to snog every guy I see, even though Im straight...just to piss off the people who want this ridiculous ban

Hate to break it to you mate, but your gay :colone:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mad Vlad
I can't see the justification for the policy tbh... other than a hysterical "Won't somebody please think of the children?"

Which in itself can be wrong. If you restrict it to after the watershed you can not really teach children that there's no problem with being homosexual, it is only allowed after dark and so would have connotations of being forbidden. I highly doubt that this would be passed however. Those who vote for it would face a backlash from constituents.
Original post by Mally-xo
you and God_X should totally get a room :wink:

You should get a sense of moral decency, for you will be judged.
Original post by Ineluctable
You should get a sense of moral decency, for you will be judged.

'moral decency'? says the nut who can't accept homosexuality. the bible is outdated, and most likely a work of fiction.
judge away :awesome:
Reply 136
I don't like watching people kiss, period.
Original post by 4TSR
Name of the minister please? and where it says he is?

Theresa May, who has voted against gay-adoption rights, against equalising the age of consent and against the repeal of Section 28, which banned schools from teaching anything about homosexual relationships or safe homosexual sex during sex education. As such, there were various calls for her to be sacked, including a very popular facebook page.

Pink News Source (Gay Rights Group)

In this BBC article she claims to have changed her mind, which may or may not be true, but ultimately someone with dubious tolerance should not be in charge of equality in the UK. Not to mention, if she really has changed her mind, I would think that as the Equality Minister she would keep her pledges concerning GLBT Asylumn seekers, yet, as this sad case proved, she didn't.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 138
So, so far the Prime Minister hasn't publicly said anything about the findings of a report that hasn't been written yet?

And that translates to this?
So David Cameron is following Nick Clegg into going against his parties policies. I guess this shows Camerons true colours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending