The Student Room Group

Cystic fibrosis, and the structure of human respiratory system.

I don't see this on the 2008 onwards spec, has this ever come up in an exam for unit 1?
Reply 1
Well the basics of this has come up at GCSE apparently, so I don't see why it shouldn't come up at A-level. You're on either OCR or Edexcel from what I remember.... please remind me :smile:

You can always check your specification, if it's not on the spec, it shouldn't come up. The only way it could come up is that they tell you about it first, ie. They could tell you its recessive and ask for the probability that offspring would inherit this disease ect.

If you say it's not on the spec, then you won't be required to know about it.
Reply 2
Original post by Eloades11
Well the basics of this has come up at GCSE apparently, so I don't see why it shouldn't come up at A-level. You're on either OCR or Edexcel from what I remember.... please remind me :smile:

You can always check your specification, if it's not on the spec, it shouldn't come up. The only way it could come up is that they tell you about it first, ie. They could tell you its recessive and ask for the probability that offspring would inherit this disease ect.

If you say it's not on the spec, then you won't be required to know about it.

Its not on the spec directly, since it calls under genetic mutation its on indirectly, its also in the book, but its not mention specifically on the spec, im Edexcel btw, and thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending