The Student Room Group

4 rejections 2 years running

Scroll to see replies

I know someone who did a Biomedical degree then went on to study medicine afterwards.
Original post by haleem
Ganemo :teeth:

Hows your SSC, or whateva crap you were doing? :colonhash:
Slowly getting there. I've used 41 references already. :emo:
Reply 22
Original post by i'm no superman
Slowly getting there. I've used 41 references already. :emo:

I guess we won't be meeting up anytime soon then :colonhash:

I'm sure there's a bit of OCD going on :wink:
But I'm sure you'll get full marks anyway :ahee:

What would Sylvia Langfield say :teehee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 23
a) reapply
b) apply to a different course
c) study medicine abroad
Reply 24
You could reapply, or do another degree and then apply for graduate entry (worked for me :smile: ) You could also go abroad if you have the money/really want to or settle for a different course/career path.
Reply 25
REAPPLY FOR THE LAST TIME. But not with the same application and Uni's. It would be helpful to post your grades, ukcat, ps basically your whole application package into tsr help forums and see if someone can help you out. I am sure there are many experts on TSR that can give you valuable advice and where you might went wrong.
Reply 26
Give up, its for the best, stop fooling yourself
Reply 27
ok second scenario, what would happen if you were rejected 3 times? :biggrin:
Reply 28
you'll get in next time. just dont burn out, repeated applying can do that to you.

take a break before you apply again.
Original post by telephone
What is the best thing to do if you are caught in the situation of a failed reapplication?

try again. my friend got 3rd time lucky. she's at soton, got 4 offers :smile:
Reply 30
Don't give up you can do this, have you asked unis for feedback? If you did try and follow their feedback, redo your ukcat and do your best on it. Improving your score will significantly increase your chances even if they say it doesn't matter that much :smile:

Goodluck OP!
I've had 12 rejections and am still insane enough to give it another go.

Watch this space (with positive results) :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by inksplodge
try again. my friend got 3rd time lucky. she's at soton, got 4 offers :smile:

Now that's what I call inspirational :smile:
Original post by ilyking
ok second scenario, what would happen if you were rejected 3 times? :biggrin:

Declare insanity and try again. Muhahahahahahaahaha!
Original post by Faith01

i felt really sorry for her the 2nd time round and wasnt sure why she was giving it another go, but i guess the gap years allowed her to save up money and get lots of experience!
Reply 35
Original post by Faith01
ahhhh, i'd say its something else entirely, Faithful.
have a 5th choice that you would go to if you got 4 rejections again
Reply 37
Original post by Gizmo!
ahhhh, i'd say its something else entirely, Faithful.

Haha I see what you did there.
Reply 38
Original post by inksplodge
i felt really sorry for her the 2nd time round and wasnt sure why she was giving it another go, but i guess the gap years allowed her to save up money and get lots of experience!

Yeah it maybe was worth all the effort, people who never give up their dreams and keep fighting for it make me smile :smile::smile:
Original post by God_X
Accept the fact that you're not clever enough for medicine, and so do biochemistry instead.

People aren't "clever enough" because they're not good at biology/chemistry...therefore taking Biochemistry is the last thing they should do. I really don't get why people suggest that.

If they're not good enough at science but like the idea of care, then there's all sorts of social work and nursing they could persue instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending