The Student Room Group

Working class girls/women, question for

Scroll to see replies

Class doesn't really come into it with me, like someone said, it's more to d with aspirations. However, arguably 'class' can't measure aspirations or desires so it's not really the best thing to decide on whether or not you should be with someone.

The persons background could make me feel differently when it came to meeting them. I mean if they were upper class I would probably feel a little embaressed as I'm sure there way of living would be different, especially if it came to me showing them where I lived etc compared to them. The same goes for if they were severely below working class even, I'd feel uncomfortable showing them my way of life which would be different to theirs. However, I wouldn't need to go to their family home often and they'd hardly ever have to come to mine so it'd be alright :ahee:
Reply 21
I like working-class girls, middle-class girls I've known are quite goody-two-shoes and I never know what I'm supposed to say/act like around them.

This is coming from me being excruciatingly middle-class myself (though my parents largely worked their way up).
i dont care about the class, only about the behavior.. there are many stereotypes for different classes but there is everything in the worls,there are posh and arrogant lower class people and very cool and humble high class people
I love poverty/working class girls who have worked their way up through education, probably because we have a lot in common. I don't know, maybe it's the same for girls.
Original post by BalanceCommaGirl
Sorry, what doesn't make sense?

most upper class people are in reality pretty poor.

that
Original post by Chillaxer
Just curious, because I've had a thing for some working class girls, but I get the feeling they like something more rough and ready, like I wouldn't have cachet with 'em.

Just flash the cash and they'll fall at your feet.
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
I have a question for people: What do you count as lower, middle and upper class?

It's hard to tell for some people what class they fit into.

In the age group of the majority of this site how much money mommy and daddy make. :smile:
I'm very working-class but my boyfriend is middle class, privately educated with a large inheritance in-waiting. You'd never know it though. He's a very modest, down to earth bloke.

I did go on a date with someone who was far too "posh" for my liking and it wasnt that much of a turn on.
Reply 28
It doesn't make a huge difference, there are similar proportions of idiots in every "class".
Original post by rugbyladosc
that

That's true though. Maybe not most but upper class doesn't mean rich people.
That's true though. Maybe not most but upper class doesn't mean rich people.

No it's not true. Upper class people are rich, thats why they're upper class :facepalm:
No it's not true. Upper class people are rich, thats why they're upper class :facepalm:

No, they're upper class because they were born into the aristocracy :facepalm:
Original post by darkxangel
Not really, I wouldn't care unless he was extremely posh and arrogant or something. Why do you want to know?

off topic

You have a awesome taste in woman!
I'd say I'm middle class so I'm not sure if you want my opinion but I'll admit that I'm a little intimidated by upper middle class boys / rich middle class boys in case their family would look down on me or my presents for him would be significantly smaller than his for me. It sounds silly, I know.
Original post by Chillaxer
Your argument doesn't make sense, just logistically, how could the majority of women be marrying up frrom their socioeconomic group? It doesn't add up. Anyway like I said it's very differnt nowadays, women are morelikely to do stuff for themselves, earn hgh for themselves etc and choose a man cos of liking or attraction, rather than just cash.

you misunderstand how hypergamy works; women don't have to marry up to be hypergamus, but they want to. Women prefer men who have an equal or better socio-economic status than them; this does not mean that they always marry up, because obviously they can't always do that. secondly, you're pretending as if feminism has totally changed the dynamics of relationships; it hasn't. as i've mentioned before even successful women tend to marry someone of equal socio-economic status than themselves. Hypergamy does not necessarily equal gold digging, it's not just the money that matters; a mans social status matters too, men who hold key positions of power and esteem within communities are the most desired in courtship. A man's superior social background and economic privilege adds to his sexual attractiveness; this is a matter of sexual selection.
No, they're upper class because they were born into the aristocracy :facepalm:

Yeah maybe in Victorian England. :facepalm:

(We don't have Lords of the manner and peasents working on farms nowadays btw)

Nowadays upper class means being born into a family with money. Families who used to own manner houses/ members of the aristocracy are probably going to be rich today.

Nowadays upper class means being born into a family with money. Families who used to own manner houses/ members of the aristocracy are probably going to be rich today.

I didn't say they're not rich, I said it's not necessary.

P.s we do still have lords even if they don't have to have manors and the feudal system, unlike the class system went out a while ago.

Also, I'm not a keyboard warrior, so this discussion is over because at the end of the day I know I'm right :smile:
Reply 37

Im pretty sure inheriting a title, a country estate and a family reputation of sending children to eton and the like sucks up a lot a wealth (the estates have to be managed and maintained etc etc) Upper-middle class is for the super rich, you can only be upper class if you are aristocracy - thats by defintion, but everyone classes class differently, so at the end of the day it is superfluous :biggrin:
Original post by Belle_
Im pretty sure inheriting a title, a country estate and a family reputation of sending children to eton and the like sucks up a lot a wealth (the estates have to be managed and maintained etc etc) Upper-middle class is for the super rich, you can only be upper class if you are aristocracy - thats by defintion, but everyone classes class differently, so at the end of the day it is superfluous :biggrin:

actually even poor people can become Lords by merit.
Reply 39
Because I dont know if Im middle-class or working class, classes don't really matter for me. As long as he doesn't look down on me, like most females have answered in this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending