The Student Room Group

I'm afraid of living my life

I swear i'm not normal. We have four weeks until the end of term and my first year of uni. I don't know what to eat and i can't wait to go back home. I miss my mum cooking for me as i managed to put on weight. Now i've lost 5kg and its showing. I'm scared of spending money as i don't wanna be in too much debt. What can i eat? I have lots of rice, pasta, a few burgers, some tuna and peas. I hate being afraid like this. I have exams which i'm going to fail as i've done nothing. I'm so terrified of taking chances it's getting to the point of being disgraceful. It's summer and everyone is dressing down and having the time of teir lives while i just sleep all day because i don't get any at night despite trying to work.
What the hell am i supposed to do? I just cannot be bothered to live anymore :'(
There's something deeper, something you're not telling us boo boo....

Spill....
just live ya life. heeee-eeee-eeeyyy
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I swear i'm not normal. We have four weeks until the end of term and my first year of uni. I don't know what to eat and i can't wait to go back home. I miss my mum cooking for me as i managed to put on weight. Now i've lost 5kg and its showing. I'm scared of spending money as i don't wanna be in too much debt. What can i eat? I have lots of rice, pasta, a few burgers, some tuna and peas. I hate being afraid like this. I have exams which i'm going to fail as i've done nothing. I'm so terrified of taking chances it's getting to the point of being disgraceful. It's summer and everyone is dressing down and having the time of teir lives while i just sleep all day because i don't get any at night despite trying to work.
What the hell am i supposed to do? I just cannot be bothered to live anymore :'(

What? o.0
Do you have some friends who can motivate you to do well? That's what tends to keep me going when I feel like that...
Reply 5
man up.
Reply 6
Try to stop panicking and calm down. Write down what you need to do revision-wise, and plan a timetable - then you will have a goal to work towards.

Regarding food, there are loads of things you can eat - pasta with tuna and cheese is lovely and it's really cheap! Get some bread and fry up some burgers, eat with copious amounts of ketchup. Rice and peas would go well with a nice bit of chicken curry which is quite cheap to make.

Give your mum a ring and tell her how you feel, have a really good conversation, I promise it will make you feel better having that support behind you.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by katyness
What? o.0

I meant i don't get any sleep despite being tired after reading for an hour. I'm male so it's not what your dirty mind thinks.
Reply 8
I meant i don't get any sleep despite being tired after reading for an hour. I'm male so it's not what your dirty mind thinks.

LOL. sorry. I thought it was :sexface:
Reply 9
BUMP :frown:
Reply 10
BUMP :frown:

Still in problem?? Long gap to make a bump :angry:
Reply 11
Watch out for the freshman fifteen
Reply 12
Fill your fridge with cheese, quiche, pizza, baked potatoes, icecream, eat as much of it as possible. Start doing some exercise before bed, go for a run if you can, get up early even if you haven't slept. You can't possibly fail your first year exams its not possible. Get a part time job to get you out of the house. Stop feeling sorry for yourself it will get you nowhere.
Reply 13
It often seems that your life is filled with all these massive issues and they combine in your head to become a sort of impassable obstacle. That's the impression I get from your post, like theres just too much working against you.

But you'll find that if you write down all your problems and difficulties on a piece of paper, it will become clear that you just have lots of small difficulties to sort out, and things aren't as disastrous as they seem.

This was my experience, and I'm only trying to help :smile:
I find these lyrics are quite relevant and may off some support:

I'm not afraid (I'm not afraid)
To take a stand (to take a stand)
Everybody (everybody)
Come take my hand (come take my hand)
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just lettin you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road (same road)
Reply 15
Original post by stefano
It often seems that your life is filled with all these massive issues and they combine in your head to become a sort of impassable obstacle. That's the impression I get from your post, like theres just too much working against you.

But you'll find that if you write down all your problems and difficulties on a piece of paper, it will become clear that you just have lots of small difficulties to sort out, and things aren't as disastrous as they seem.

This was my experience, and I'm only trying to help :smile:

+rep

That sounds really accurate. Did it help when you wrote all your problems down and if so how?
Reply 16
+rep

That sounds really accurate. Did it help when you wrote all your problems down and if so how?

It helps massively! Do it now!

When all your problems are written on a piece of paper you can just look at them and realize 'what was I even worried about!'. It's never as bad as it seems in your confused head.

Then you can write out what you can do to sort each problem out. I personally did this when I was behind with work and struggling with keeping my spending under control and a couple of other things. I was depressed because I thought I was totally screwed, but again, after writing a list of worries/problems I realized I could sort everything out without tooo much trouble and I was making a fuss over nothing.

try it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending