The Student Room Group

Islamification is a good thing

Scroll to see replies

not really pro-muslim, but yeh the womenz these days need teaching whats what.
Original post by x-friends
This is two different things here. Ones the religion, the others an extreme version of it followed by some idiots.

And people are getting confused with it thinking they are the same thing.

You're either afraid of religion itself, or extremism.

And I'm telling you it's going to happen, but not for a while.

Yes there are two different things because I was aiming it at two different people (clearly seen when you click this).

Now you're giving me a subjective opinion of what will happen. Speaking of which, you have not actually answered any of my questions directed at you from the last post.
Original post by the realist
Whenever i hear the words "white christian" i think of fighter jets, cruise missiles, illegal coup d'etat, world wars, torture, armament distributing etc.

Thats not being racist, thats just observing a trend....

Islam isn't a race anyways.

Okay well muslims, pakies, pakistanis, whatever I can call them won't be racist then if they're not a race...

I was being polite so you through that in my face? okay sure
Original post by the realist
Whenever i hear the words "white christian" i think of fighter jets, cruise missiles, illegal coup d'etat, world wars, torture, armament distributing etc.

Thats not being racist, thats just observing a trend....

Islam isn't a race anyways.

lool good one
If Islamification is so wonderful then why is virtually every Islamic country an oppressive hellhole riddled with terrorism, human rights violations and instability?

Not a single democratic, economically prosperous, egalitarian Islamic nation exists.

Frankly Great Britain getting nuked into oblivion would be preferable to becoming an Islamic state.
So you think that people should be forced to follow a religion they don't believe in? That women should be forced to cover up their faces? That alcohol should be banned?

This is a Christian country. And I'm not a rascist, I will happily accept any immigrant that wants to come and live in this country and abide to our culture, but when they campaign to force a religion upon us, they should just go back to their country if that lifestyle is so perfect.
Can I also point out that a lot of Islamic countries stone women for adultery - you would have this happen in Britain?
Reply 287
Original post by matt_price93
So you think that people should be forced to follow a religion they don't believe in? That women should be forced to cover up their faces? That alcohol should be banned?

This is a Christian country. And I'm not a rascist, I will happily accept any immigrant that wants to come and live in this country and abide to our culture, but when they campaign to force a religion upon us, they should just go back to their country if that lifestyle is so perfect.

You wouldn't if you went to live in Spain or France etc. So why should they. You Liberal Nationalist you. :wink:

I don't like religion at all, it does so much more bad then good. But I would never asked for it to be banned, but then I would expect people within religion to respect other people and not go and force their beliefs on them.

Religion will fade away, it'll be a long time but it will. The more people become aware of the world, the more they'll realize religion is a method used to control people.

Ahh dear.
Reply 288
Original post by Grim_the_Reaper
If Islamification is so wonderful then why is virtually every Islamic country an oppressive hellhole riddled with terrorism, human rights violations and instability?

Not a single democratic, economically prosperous, egalitarian Islamic nation exists.

Frankly Great Britain getting nuked into oblivion would be preferable to becoming an Islamic state.

This is the first time I've heard of "Islamification", or actually hearing someone that is serious about implementing it. I don't understand why people want to enforce ideas in a country they don't ethnically/religiously belong to.

I attend as a guest speaker for a 9/11 commemoration every year, and we had a guest speaker this year who was the mayor of Australia, and apparently he is quite upset that there has been a push for "Islamification" there. His words, somewhere along these lines, if you don't like being in a free country, then don't be there. Don't ask us to make accommodations (although I see that more and more here).
Reply 289
Original post by Selkarn
I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, I have a rising interest in Islam, and so too do many other White people in this country and other Western nations. There is growing dissatisfaction with the "typical" Western lifestyle. This is a huge generalisation, but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343954/100-000-Islam-converts-living-UK-White-women-keen-embrace-Muslim-faith.html

I like your views on this bit.
I don't like your views on this bit.
Reply 290
Original post by neuro101
the mayor of Australia

:rofl:
Reply 291
Original post by neuro101
I don't understand why people want to enforce ideas in a country they don't ethnically/religiously belong to.

This is a ridiculous statement.. think about the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina.. think about all the invasions of virtually every country that has ever existed..
OK so OP feels that Western culture has something seriously wrong with it...fine.
Islam is the only answer?...No.

Most religions have a moral code which if adhered to will combat each of those issues you mentioned. Why? Because it's just good damn common sense. I don't see why people need to adopt a whole religion (thus taking in the bad with the good) to sort the problem out.

I'm not a Muslim, but neither am I a drunk, lazy, materialistic bastard who wants to hump every person around them.

So yeah in conclusion... I agree that people need to wake up, gain some perspective and take control of their lives, I don't agree that Islam (or any other religion really) is our only redemption.
Reply 293
Original post by LiberiFatali
OK so OP feels that Western culture has something seriously wrong with it...fine.
Islam is the only answer?...No.

Most religions have a moral code which if adhered to will combat each of those issues you mentioned. Why? Because it's just good damn common sense. I don't see why people need to adopt a whole religion (thus taking in the bad with the good) to sort the problem out.

I'm not a Muslim, but neither am I a drunk, lazy, materialistic bastard who wants to hump every person around them.

So yeah in conclusion... I agree that people need to wake up, gain some perspective and take control of their lives, I don't agree that Islam (or any other religion really) is our only redemption.

Well, the point is that I both believe in Islam as a religion and also as a supreme way of life. That is, the fact that I believe in Islam automatically overrides everything else Islam may prescribe - e.g. if there was something in the Qur'an that I thought was naive or silly, my opinion on it wouldn't matter anyway, it is Islam so it has to be done.

However, in making this thread, the point was that even if someone did not believe in Islam, it is still a vastly superior way of life (IMO).
Reply 294
Original post by Selkarn
I'm White, and not someone you'd expect to be Muslim. However, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight. I believe Islam could provide the solution to these, and I may very well soon be one of the many tens, if not hundreds of thousands of White people to formally embrace Islam.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343954/100-000-Islam-converts-living-UK-White-women-keen-embrace-Muslim-faith.html

And you think that solution to highly degenerate society, materialism and alcohol is ISLAM ??????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Have you even seen what happens in muslim countries: imean BEHIND THE SEANS :
there is alcohol, sex and drugs as much as in western world, if not more...besides there is a lot of hypocrisy about virginity and holor, and family: don't just believe what you read in the media: this is just advertising for the most DICTATORIAL doctrine in this world.

i am a women and when I see the place of women in these countries, treated like Kattle, no no no Islam is not the solution, and is not better than western culture.

Western world has been built on democracy and every individual is free and takes responsibility for his/her own choices. whereas Islam destroys personal freedom and suffocates creative people : if you become a muslim you will be a mere follower and never a self-actualized person
Original post by DisconcertingWink1
...but I believe that the White lifestyle/culture in this country is, to put it bluntly, highly degenerate, being orientated around materialism, consumerism, alcohol, drugs, casual sex, highly dependent on the government to provide, and also suffers (in my view) from a lack of religious insight.

I know. It's ****ing great! :biggrin:

Amen to that brother!!! haha!

What with all our drinking and sex, we may not be perfect, but at least we have a democracy and the people CHOOSE how they want to live. We wouldn't have that living under the tyranny of a theocracy, be it Christian, Jewish, or, yes even Islamic!!

Women, people of other faiths and homosexuals especially have reason to distrust a state that does away with democracy and rules by Islamic theory only....

Islamification is for sheep and people who have been brainwashed.

kthxbai
Reply 297
English -------> understand science = Athiesm
--------> too stupid for science = Islam
--------> lack of independent thought = Christianity
Reply 298
So having identified that greed, consumerism, and a lack of decency and morality are problems in our society, what do you propose as a solution? Embracing a violent, bloody ideology that suppresses independent thought, denies scientific facts, and condones the murder of anyone who has second thoughts.
Brilliant.
Reply 299
Original post by Selkarn
This is a ridiculous statement.. think about the USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina.. think about all the invasions of virtually every country that has ever existed..

Fair enough. But I was trying to get across the point that with the level of diversity we have, it's not realistic or even fair to implement religious ideas. Look, I'm all about diversity, this is a great thing to embrace. I live in CA, and I really appreciate the people and cultures that have come together, it's a beautiful experience.

My take on this is if somebody is knowledgeable about your religion/culture/background or is at least somewhat open-minded, then they'll be respectful of where you're coming from, no need to enforce anything. A lot of my Muslim friends have been asked by potential employers if they would like their break during prayer times so they can pray...that says a lot to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending