The Student Room Group

Girlfriends parents are fat and it makes me feel awkward..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by High As A Kite
you're one to talk...

thats not me
Reply 61
Hahaahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahahaha. Just LOL, anyway entertaining post, just what I needed (:
Maybe you should stop seeing yourself as superior and then you wouldn't feel awkward.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm going to keep her slim seen as i'm a personal trainer and monitor all of her macronutrients and exercise regime for her.

This implies that she already is slim and you said in the OP that she is slightly overweight. I call troll!!
Seriously, that's all you have to worry about?! :confused:
Reply 65

I'm trying to find a solution so this doesn't have to happen.

Well you obviously can't like her that much, because if you did, what her parents looked like wouldn't matter to you.
Original post by Alex Jones
thats not me

Fine!
Reply 67
Out of interest:does this affect your choice of potential mates?

Erm...no. I don't chose my partners based on how fit their family is. As is so happens I'm fit and healthy anyway, so I'm unlikely to find myself in a situation where it's awkward because I'm fat when they're all very trim (for now anyway). To be honest, I don't exactly "choose" who I go out with. I can't help who I fancy. It just happens.
Reply 68
My girlfriend is slightly overweight, but nothing serious. However, her parents are morbidly obese according to my BMI guesstimate and don't care about their health and general wellbeing at all (just eat junk and drink lots) this is the complete opposite of myself as I take pride in my appearance, health and fitness and am well built. I'm also a qualified personal trainer which I do part time as I really enjoy it, alongside my main job. They know all about this. Isn't this just too much of a barrier between me and her parents?

They also seem very fatalistic and stuck in dead end jobs and extremely pessimistic which is the complete opposite of me. According to my g.f I earn way over what her parents earn put together and I think they know this judging by my lifestyle, house and car etc....

I wish her parent's never knew all this, but my girlfriend told them....

Seems like there is so many things they may be jealous of..

Do you think I could have a decent relationship with parents who seem the complete opposite of me?

First off, you need to get off this 'high' horse, because you aren't on one. Personal trainers do not earn millions and no is better than anyone unless you're a rothschild and dominate the global economy.

They probably do not care about what you are, so long as you're not a filthy street tramp and you're not abusing their daughter. If you look after her, they will not give a ****!
What do you work as if you don't mind me asking? Have they ever expressed an interest in actually losing weight? You sound like one of those people who thinks way more much of themselves than they actually are.
Reply 70
Original post by Oprah
First off, you need to get off this 'high' horse, because you aren't on one. Personal trainers do not earn millions and no is better than anyone unless you're a rothschild and dominate the global economy.

They probably do not care about what you are, so long as you're not a filthy street tramp and you're not abusing their daughter. If you look after her, they will not give a ****!

When did I saw I earnt millions?

Personal Training is not my main job, only a side line (about 10-12 hours a week as I enjoy it) as I said in the OP. so you can't really judge my salary.

And of course people are better...

What about people who are more successful? Have better relationships? More healthy due to their own efforts, so many ways to be better, sadly most people just look up monetary, like you just did.
My girlfriend is slightly overweight, but nothing serious. However, her parents are morbidly obese according to my BMI guesstimate and don't care about their health and general wellbeing at all (just eat junk and drink lots) this is the complete opposite of myself as I take pride in my appearance, health and fitness and am well built. I'm also a qualified personal trainer which I do part time as I really enjoy it, alongside my main job. They know all about this. Isn't this just too much of a barrier between me and her parents?

They also seem very fatalistic and stuck in dead end jobs and extremely pessimistic which is the complete opposite of me. According to my g.f I earn way over what her parents earn put together and I think they know this judging by my lifestyle, house and car etc....

I wish her parent's never knew all this, but my girlfriend told them....

Seems like there is so many things they may be jealous of..

Do you think I could have a decent relationship with parents who seem the complete opposite of me?

I think im the only one who can see your point. You obviously have a lot of confidence and respect for your health, body and well-being, otherwise you wouldnt be thinking this and wouldnt have made this thread. I do as well, but everybody is different, everyone has a different attitude to life and to their body, and there is no right or wrong. What is right is that everyone should respect how eachother feels. I think I'm in a sort of similar position to you when you say that your partners family don't care about their health and well-being as much as you do - but I do not judge them about it. I respect my partners family, but even though they have their own way of doing things: how they eat food/what food they eat etc, the way I live my life is completely different. However, I wouldnt let this interfere with my relationship with my boyfriend at all, because I love him so much, for who he is :smile: x
They also seem very fatalistic and stuck in dead end jobs and extremely pessimistic which is the complete opposite of me.

I read that as fat-alastic at first.. made me Lol for quite a bit :biggrin:

imsodum
Reply 73
When did I saw I earnt millions?

Personal Training is not my main job, only a side line (about 10-12 hours a week as I enjoy it) as I said in the OP. so you can't really judge my salary.

And of course people are better...

What about people who are more successful? Have better relationships? More healthy due to their own efforts, so many ways to be better, sadly most people just look up monetary, like you just did.

No one cares about them people, I don't because i'm above them, since i'm Oprah!
Obviously it's great to be healthy, but when you're Oprah you can just get out you cheque book and buy some organs!
Reply 74
Original post by Guy Secretan
What do you work as if you don't mind me asking? Have they ever expressed an interest in actually losing weight? You sound like one of those people who thinks way more much of themselves than they actually are.

I'm an internet marketer and have been since I was 13 (6 years ago). I also have about 12+ other streams of income online.

And nope the only time i've heard them mention they've tried and given up so basically, lost motivation I believe due to no success in the past.

Not sure how you can judge if someone is someone who thinks more of themselves than they actually are online?
Also, it is good to be confident about your abilities and have big plans for your future as research shows that the biggest predictor of future success is what the person thought what happen, which is actually a more accurate predictor than past achievements :wink:

Worked for me so far.
Reply 75
Original post by BackDoorEntry
I read that as fat-alastic at first.. made me Lol for quite a bit :biggrin:

imsodum

Haha, that made me actually lol!

I'm impressed with my ability to make such subtle jokes without realising :biggrin::rolleyes:
Reply 76
How is this judgemental? It's fact...

FACT her parents are morbidly obese. (can tell by looking at them)
FACT her parents are unhealthy (can tell by analysing their diets)
FACT don't care about their health and wellbeing (or else they'd eat right and exercise and make better decisions)
FACT they are fatalistic (always spend so long telling people why they can't do something or that it'll go wrong)

How am I being judgemental if all what I said are FACTs?

nobody wants to be morbidly obease.. so it's not fact that they don't care about their health and wellbieing.. perhaps theyyre depressed, I udestand u wanna be close to her parents, but if you don't agree with tir lifestyle.. i doubt you well be. i think it's good that you care about your gf health tho :smile: as long asits not for selfish reasons xoxo
Reply 77
Original post by kitcat17
nobody wants to be morbidly obease.. so it's not fact that they don't care about their health and wellbieing.. perhaps theyyre depressed, I udestand u wanna be close to her parents, but if you don't agree with tir lifestyle.. i doubt you well be. i think it's good that you care about your gf health tho :smile: as long asits not for selfish reasons xoxo

No I genuinly care about health, which is the main reason for assisting my girlfriend. Also it would seem like a waste of my knowledge if I didn't help those close to me.
Reply 78
No I genuinly care about health, which is the main reason for assisting my girlfriend. Also it would seem like a waste of my knowledge if I didn't help those close to me.

aaawwwww :smile: sweet... offer your help and knowledge to her parents too then, never know u cud inspire them... gd luck xoxo
Original post by kitcat17
aaawwwww :smile: sweet... offer your help and knowledge to her parents too then, never know u cud inspire them... gd luck xoxo

The troll has victimised you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending