The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
No, not really. I think everyone deserves a second chance, I mean sometimes life gets on top of you and you need the right to resit but if you fail an exam 3 times then maybe the course isn't for you :smile:

There are some people in my year who have failed every single exam so far :redface: They have to resit the January ones whilst trying to revise for these May ones, 8 exams rather than 4 does not sound fun :s-smilie:

Is it difficult because of the amount of content or the complexity of the content?
Reply 2621
Original post by liviaaa
Booking opens from today. :smile:

shall I be booking soon, or can I leave it for a while?
Reply 2622
Original post by thegodofgod
Ouch!

So if they fail these ones as well, they get kicked out?

Or if they miss by a very narrow margin (like 1%) - would they be given another chance?

Well round these parts we get sent to a progress committee for that sort of thing, where they weigh up any reason you might give for failing. Scary stuff! Best advice is just don't fail lol
Original post by liviaaa
Booking opens from today. :smile:

Have you registered?

If so, I think I might be doing the wrong thing here - did you click on "Sign in" and then were you led to the Pearson Vue website? (And then you have to "Create a new web account")?

They said I'd be getting my user name / password within a day and I'm getting a bit nervous now :s-smilie: - I signed up like at 1 am last night. :redface:
Original post by demesto

You can leave it a day before the deadline, pretty much, and if you don't mind traveling.

Deadline for register is 23rd Sept 2011

Last test date is 7th October
Original post by SteveCrain
Is it difficult because of the amount of content or the complexity of the content?

More the sheer volume of knowledge. The concepts aren't any more complicated than school, there are just lots of them :tongue: It's just such a different way of learning and studying, it can catch people out. If you start to fail resits then there might be something wrong with your learning style.
What book is good apart from the "600 UKCAT"?
good luck everyone!!

i dont mind helping if anyone wants? :biggrin:
Any reapplicants know if you need to use same sign in thing for the ukcat as last year? I seirously can't remember mine... really hope they have a "forgot your password?...and your username?... you fail but here it is anyways cause we're nice :tongue:" button lol
Reply 2629
Original post by SteveCrain
What book is good apart from the "600 UKCAT"?

I tried a few and that one was by far the best. :s-smilie: I wouldn't wanna recommend any of the others 'cause they didn't help me at all! Just stick with that one!
Anyone registered yet?
Reply 2631
Original post by Fluffy Chuckie
Wow, how come no Lodon universities? Most of my choices are just whether I would enjoy living at the university as well as studying there. But I do think about course structure that's why i'm really not sure about UCL :s-smilie: They said on their site basically that for you to pass the whole year you need to pass all of the exams and you can only fail a year I think once, I can't remember exactly what I read but it did scare me.

This is where London IMO does not fit the bill. I'm a southerner, but the culture up north is very different and I prefer it up north as opposed to London...

Each North city has its own little personality, so close so nearby to neighbouring cities. Its much cheaper too! Leeds has everything you could ask for right here- London is great but I don't think I could study in the city.

In terms of course structure, I think the Northern cities have similar course structures and can be compared to the universities in London. Examples include, Sheffield, Leeds and Newcastle.

Choose where you feel best suited.
Reply 2632
Original post by demesto

The sooner you book it, the sooner the chance you will have of getting a centre/time/date you want. :smile:
Reply 2633
Have you registered?

If so, I think I might be doing the wrong thing here - did you click on "Sign in" and then were you led to the Pearson Vue website? (And then you have to "Create a new web account")?

They said I'd be getting my user name / password within a day and I'm getting a bit nervous now :s-smilie: - I signed up like at 1 am last night. :redface:

Not yet, I'll probably do it this weekend. :smile:
Just registered with UKCAT and Pearsons. Is it not odd how on the day of booking opening, almost all appointments have been taken up in the nearest centres??? And so should I book it asap?
Original post by Rassam
Just registered with UKCAT and Pearsons. Is it not odd how on the day of booking opening, almost all appointments have been taken up in the nearest centres??? And so should I book it asap?

Depends how far you want to travel :smile: I didn't know anything about the UKCAT till the September I applied and ended up having to travel 100 miles :rolleyes:
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Depends how far you want to travel :smile: I didn't know anything about the UKCAT till the September I applied and ended up having to travel 100 miles :rolleyes:

:eek:

I've never traveled that much in my life!

Actually I have... but not on my own :tongue:
Original post by Rassam

When I booked mine last year loads of times and places were free near me. I even cancelled and rebooked mine for a week later and I still got the nearest test center and time that suited me :smile:
:eek:

I've never traveled that much in my life!

Actually I have... but not on my own :tongue:

Well you've seen where I live :rolleyes: My nearest centre was 40 miles away and there were no spaces left.
Original post by Rassam

You may as well book as soon as possible as you can quite easily change it later if you want to postpone it or something crops up. My sister had a major panic attack the night before hers and moved her date with 12 hours notice and wasn't charged.

Latest