The Student Room Group

Pandora jewellery - is it worth it?

What do you think of Pandora jewellery? Overpriced or worth it?
I used to like some of their jewellery but now you see Pandora everywhere and IMO those charm bracelets are really quite naff. I do like a lot of their rings though.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No thanks, i'll stick with my primark jewellery :smile:
Reply 2
way overpriced I bought one and it was ok
Reply 3
Original post by efn
No thanks, i'll stick with my primark jewellery :smile:

I like your attitude. :rofl:
You are just paying for the name! Same with Tiffany as well!
I have a few bracelets and love them, not keen on the rings though.
I think it's mainly about the name tbh. It's a pretty special thing to be given / to buy Pandora jewellery because it's got class and it's expensive :smile:
Reply 7
As a guy, a watch my female friends getting this tiny bags of Pandora stuff for their birthdays, and I think all their stuff is fairly ugly, and the people are getting singles beads worth like £30 or some ****.
I love my pandora bracelet :smile: i can get charms that mean something to me rather than just having a bracelet :smile:
I think the bracelets are nice, but they're really overpriced, as are trollbeads.
My mum and dad own a crystal shop and we've just started stocking charm bracelets, just as good quality as pandora, and our charms are only £1.50 for silver plate, or £7.50 for sterling silver. I really can't tell the difference!
Reply 10
I think it's a lovely idea but massively overpriced. It's one thing to spend that much money on a single beautiful ring or whatever - but even the most underwhelming plain silver charms are £30 each, and you need at least half a dozen to even make a bracelet look reasonable.
Reply 11
I love my pandora bracelet.
Each charm represents a memory for me.
To be fair, you could do this with any charm bracelet.
But it is nice to say "yeh, pandora"
Reply 12
Original post by Bekaboo
I think it's a lovely idea but massively overpriced. It's one thing to spend that much money on a single beautiful ring or whatever - but even the most underwhelming plain silver charms are £30 each, and you need at least half a dozen to even make a bracelet look reasonable.

some are like 15-20.
and you could cheat and get the bracelet with the pandora thingy on it, so it looks like it is form pandora.
and then cheat with your charms, and get them cheap.

my friend did that, and it could pass as a pandora ANY day
xx
Original post by hidden_desire
I think it's mainly about the name tbh. It's a pretty special thing to be given / to buy Pandora jewellery because it's got class and it's expensive :smile:

I love your sig :love:
I love mine because it was a present from my bf and then every charm since has been a memory between us. I wouldn't just buy one though, would have to mean something because they're overpriced
Reply 15
I dont think theyre actually that nice for the price- i would rather have a charm bracelet with real 'charms' on, rather than beads
I definitely think it's over priced, there are jewellery that look a lot better for cheaper.
Whether it's "worth it" is a bit of an oxymoronic question really - it should be bought for you by a loved one. In which case you will appreciate their sentiments.

It seems a bit odd to buy one for yourself!
I know that its overpriced, but I unfortunatly like things which are branded. I'm not a brand-a-holic and have to wear the latest fashion trends or anything like that, but I'm quite snobby when it comes to "real" and "fake" things. Such as I'd rather have a pandora charm than a fake one, and I'd rather have a filofax than a standard personal organiser... I'm just weird like that but only with small things such as filofax and pandora (and Cath Kidston).

And on a side note, I don't buy my own charms, they're given to me and I know who gave me what and why they were given to me. I was given a "love" one from my ex boyfriend and I traded that in though. I know where it came from and what it represents though :smile:
waaaaaaaaaay too overpriced

I can get much much nicer stuff, much much cheaper

for pandora prices....I'd expect hand made, custom stuff....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending