The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln is my firm choice! - Anyone else going? :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
All firmed up
will be attending the next applicant open day so i may see you there!
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Well when I visited lincoln and spoke to some past students I have completely changed my mind about accomodation and have applied for student village ='D

I heard for first years its best place to meet new people and I don't mind the walk up to the art department as its exercise lol
Clearly i'm a very indecisive person :smile:

So I hope to see you all soon and we shall all pass our exams !:cool:
Original post by BrightShine
Well when I visited lincoln and spoke to some past students I have completely changed my mind about accomodation and have applied for student village ='D

I heard for first years its best place to meet new people and I don't mind the walk up to the art department as its exercise lol
Clearly i'm a very indecisive person :smile:

So I hope to see you all soon and we shall all pass our exams !:cool:

Have you been to any of the open days, just wondering what you thought of the student village if you went on the tour?
Original post by dave12435
All firmed up
will be attending the next applicant open day so i may see you there!

Speaking of which, do you know when the next set of days will be?
I've already been to mine, but me and my boyfriend went on holiday in March so he missed his.
Original post by lozzyhickers
Speaking of which, do you know when the next set of days will be?
I've already been to mine, but me and my boyfriend went on holiday in March so he missed his.

There are no more applicant days for 2011, there are however open days on Wed 11 May and Thur 7 July.

http://lincoln.ac.uk/home/opendays/index.htm

Hope that helps.
Original post by stevenmccullough
There are no more applicant days for 2011, there are however open days on Wed 11 May and Thur 7 July.

http://lincoln.ac.uk/home/opendays/index.htm

Hope that helps.

Yeah I saw those. I'm confused though, because a previous poster said there would be more, and th euni themselves said there would be for those who missed the previous ones. Oh well, we've been on loads of open days already lol, it wuld have been nice for him to have a proper in depth day though.
Original post by lozzyhickers
Yeah I saw those. I'm confused though, because a previous poster said there would be more, and th euni themselves said there would be for those who missed the previous ones. Oh well, we've been on loads of open days already lol, it wuld have been nice for him to have a proper in depth day though.

I remember getting an email about an extra applicant day they were holding due to the other days being over subscribed but that was last month I think so I think that will probably be it now considering most people have to make their final UCAS choices by 5th May.
I remember getting an email about an extra applicant day they were holding due to the other days being over subscribed but that was last month I think so I think that will probably be it now considering most people have to make their final UCAS choices by 5th May.

That is true....i'm having a disability assessment soon, and i've been told I can have another look aroun then if I want so I think i'll take advantage =D i'm so damn excited!
I have taken a look around, it was great, the accommodation (student village is all I saw) was really really good, strongly recommend choosing it, and the students there said definitely go with it as it's a guarantee to be put among other 1st years. Other accommodations will still be great obviously but you may be put among 2nd and 3rd years who are keener to work than play! But yeah it's a great place, can't wait to arrive :smile:
Original post by jimmy92goodwin
I have taken a look around, it was great, the accommodation (student village is all I saw) was really really good, strongly recommend choosing it, and the students there said definitely go with it as it's a guarantee to be put among other 1st years. Other accommodations will still be great obviously but you may be put among 2nd and 3rd years who are keener to work than play! But yeah it's a great place, can't wait to arrive :smile:

I've chosen the student village as my first choice but I haven't had a chance to see it yet so that makes me feel a bit happier about my choice, main reason was to be with other 1st years anyway so hope they put me there. I wonder if the apartments are mixed with male/female or are they kept separate?
firmed my offer for Forensic science :smile: hopefully get the grades!
First choice accomodation is the student village, second choice the Junxion :smile:
I've chosen the student village as my first choice but I haven't had a chance to see it yet so that makes me feel a bit happier about my choice, main reason was to be with other 1st years anyway so hope they put me there. I wonder if the apartments are mixed with male/female or are they kept separate?

Hi, the apartment I was in at the start of the year was mixed (moved out due to problems with housemates).

Just to warn you guys who have applied for Student Village - the apartments you would have seen on the open day? Most of them aren't like that unfortunately. If you get a ground floor apartment then you're quite lucky as they tend to have bigger kitchens/rooms. But look out for stuff not working (especially the showers if you're en-suite, the ones in my apartment didn't heat up and just sprayed everywhere), and if you do have an en-suite, a lot of them are on a slope so put a bathmat/towel up against the door otherwise the water could flow into your room. Plus, as one of my housemates found out, if you do have a hot shower, then the steam could come out and set off the smoke alarm.

Also, I don't see what people have against Danesgate. I moved here from the Student Village and I've never been happier. Yes, the outside is a little shoddy but the rent is much cheaper than most places (£2500) and my room is much bigger than what I had in courts. Here, they tend to put second/third/even higher year students on the top floors. Most of my flat is made up of first years, but a lot of people are moving out at the end of the year so we'll be getting a fair few freshers. It's around a 5 min walk to the college, and a 10-15 min walk to the uni.
Original post by HpFreak_Amy7192
Hi, the apartment I was in at the start of the year was mixed (moved out due to problems with housemates).

Just to warn you guys who have applied for Student Village - the apartments you would have seen on the open day? Most of them aren't like that unfortunately. If you get a ground floor apartment then you're quite lucky as they tend to have bigger kitchens/rooms. But look out for stuff not working (especially the showers if you're en-suite, the ones in my apartment didn't heat up and just sprayed everywhere), and if you do have an en-suite, a lot of them are on a slope so put a bathmat/towel up against the door otherwise the water could flow into your room. Plus, as one of my housemates found out, if you do have a hot shower, then the steam could come out and set off the smoke alarm.

Also, I don't see what people have against Danesgate. I moved here from the Student Village and I've never been happier. Yes, the outside is a little shoddy but the rent is much cheaper than most places (£2500) and my room is much bigger than what I had in courts. Here, they tend to put second/third/even higher year students on the top floors. Most of my flat is made up of first years, but a lot of people are moving out at the end of the year so we'll be getting a fair few freshers. It's around a 5 min walk to the college, and a 10-15 min walk to the uni.

Yeah I heard that alot of the showers are like that, I also read on one of the threads that there are drug dealers in the corridors due to poor security haha so I'm not expecting much, just focusing on the positive :smile:

I hope I get on with my housemates because I'm guessing it's not easy to move out when you sign a contract for the full year
Ohhhhhh hopefuly I will get the grades I need for my Psychology course! Absolutely fell in love with Lincoln!
I cant wait and Im hoping to live in Pavs :biggrin: oh Im really worried too! D:
Reply 54
Student village is exactly that, student, they get away with doing to bear minimal work on it, but as long as you accept that its just student accom you'll love it. I live in pavs and have many friends in courts and tbh they don't notice the diff.

And open days... it is obv good to go to one to get a feel for the place but to be honest they do make a big song an dance about it. I went to both a normal open day and one of the weds informal ones, and really the second was better. Just a small group lead by a couple of students who know what they're talking about and can take you to specific places you want to see.
Reply 55
I have put the Student Village as my first choice :-) I have firmed my offer for Drama :-)

Shellie x
Have you been to any of the open days, just wondering what you thought of the student village if you went on the tour?

Yes I went to specific open day for my course, there really good though the ensuite-s are a bit small but I'm not that picky. For what the rooms are the price is good and you get to be surrounded by other students so definietly best for first year as you can meet people from other courses than just yours more easily.
Hope to see you there ;D
Reply 57
Unfortunately due to illness i missed the main open day
However i still went up to Lincoln and popped in and they put themselves out to help
Thye managed to find someone from my faculty to tell me about the course, someone from disabilty team and even got someone to give me and my mum a tour of the brayford campus
It was an excellent day just a shame i didnt get to look at riseholme or inside the accomodation but i was very very impressed with everything i did see
Will be going to the next open day on 7th July so i can see the presentations and stuff i missed
Reply 58
I'm just waiting on a mark for my OU Course which I need to pass to start the BSc(Hons) Computer Science course in September. I'm pretty confident I'll pass so looking foward to starting full-time uni. I'm a local lad and have got mates already at the uni, went to the open day on 11 May - looks like a brilliant campus. Just counting down the days...
Hi,

Im starting lincoln in sep 2011 and really looking forward to it,

Im going to be studying Sport and Exercise Science and for accommidation my first choice is student village and second choice is pavillions as its right next to the sports centre

Really look forward to hearing from anyone who is starting in sep

Thanks

Dan.

Quick Reply

Latest