The Student Room Group

AS students: how far are you in your revision?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Well it looks like i have left my revision till late again, looks like i'll never learn from my mistakes
Honestly? Not that far at all!
Original post by bulletproof_love
I dread to think how much more I actually need to know for my subjects...
So far my revision hasn't been going well at all

Look on the bright side, some people haven't even started their revision yet, you're way better off than them. Loads of people from my school are using the extra days off from school to go to gigs and stuff rather than to revise :lolwut:

If you're actually worried enough about your revision to revise, I'm sure you'll do fine :tongue:
Reply 223
Original post by lampshade1
AQA, you?

wjec. not fun :\
urghh half way throughhh time is flyingggggggg
Done

3/4 Philosophy
1/2 History
Noone or literature
None for politics
none for pcritical thinking
Tomorrow I shall begin properly.

Law- done about 5 offences, and still got 5 more to go, s couple of defences and then part C :frown:
Business- quarter way through
Biology-looked over everything nearly, now I just need to start remembering the content.
Resits- not good :frown:

So as you can see, I shall need to stall my life for a couple of months to ensure I don't fail miserably.
Reply 227
5 Exams in the summer..

French oral 10th May, Government and Politics unit 1/ 23rd May, French Reading /writing /Listening 6th June 9 am, Physics Unit 2 13:00pm (got a B in unit 1 ahh noo lol, looking for 86% in unit 2 to average a B) and finally Politics unit 27th May.

revising a good 2 hours minimum to around3-4 hours a day on average really want good As grades to be predicted well for A2

Good luck everyone and we've got the summer for partying... hehehehehe :biggrin:
Reply 228
Original post by Notorious.

Is it just me or were GCSE orals waaaaaaaaaaay easier to revise for? :/

Any Spanish amigos here? How long have you guys revised your oral notes?

Hola,
I did my oral before easter (edexcel). Yes, they were you only had to memorise answers and basic phrases; there is a huge contrast in how much you have to learn as the conversations can be on anything within your chosen topic.

I focused solely on it for 1 1/2 weeks going through grammar and doing mindmaps of opinions and flexible subjunctive phrases

Good luck :smile:
Reply 229
compared to most i have it easy 3 A Levels 3 exams, yet my final grades are entirely based on how well i do in exam. For example if i get an A in the exam I will get an A overall, but if i get a b then im screwed. So freaking out!

And ive started revision multiple times but seem to get nowhere and cant remember anything
I have my stupid Art exam Wed/Thu and have barely revised so far, it's frustrating as hell because if I'm revising I feel guilty for not doing Art and if I do Art I stress about my other subjects.
That's how I end up doing nothing at all and procrastinating :biggrin:

:frown:
Reply 231
Gone over all of maths (mind you, I still can't do it)
3 out of 4 topics in biology
1/2 of geography
and 0 psychology or critical thinking :biggrin:
I haven't started yet.

Realistically this Saturday I will.

10 days... to learn most of history and some parts of others and to revise everything. Someone please tell me its possible.
Original post by peachesandcream77
I haven't started yet.

Realistically this Saturday I will.

10 days... to learn most of history and some parts of others and to revise everything. Someone please tell me its possible.

I've got to revise all of History in like 10 days as well :biggrin:. Thought I was the only one.
Reply 234
Just started today, done one hour of Biology so far, done 1/8th of the notes for my first biology exam on the 16th. Gotta do the rest of the notes for biology, then do some Sociology, Economics and Psychology revision. Luckily I have 5 days between exams, and then 9/10 days between my second to last and last exams, so that's great.

Really not stressed at all, but that's just my nature. Been meaning to start revision for days, but I'm just not all that worried. I'm relaxed, and sure I'll get decent grades at least!
Original post by Warrior078

Original post by Warrior078
I've got to revise all of History in like 10 days as well :biggrin:. Thought I was the only one.

Unfortunately I have to actually learn it first.... what topics are you doing?
Reply 236
I didn't revise at all at Easter, well I had my tutor but I didn't revise as much as I should have. x___x;;

We've covered 3 topics in Chemistry unit 2. I've almost done group 7 halogens again. Just a few more parts and then I'm done for chem.
Reply 237
is anyone doing WJEC LA1?!?!? ARGHHH CANNOT REVISE IT!
Original post by peachesandcream77
Unfortunately I have to actually learn it first.... what topics are you doing?

Yeah this is me as well :P Don't suppose anyone's doing Edexcel History, British Political History, Italian Fascism and/or Spanish Civil War?
Reply 239
im going to finish revision this weekend and then crack open the papers and binge on them haiyaa

Quick Reply

Latest