The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a.posteriori
And you're sure of this because of your extensive counter-terrorism training?

If you are going to reply, then you might as well try to debunk my point.

They have already said he was completely unarmed and holding a woman as a human shield.

One white house source has said that the mission was a kill mission.

If they really wanted to bring him in, then I don't see why they couldn't have brought him in.
- A secret operation undertaken in Pakistan, without the knowledge of the Pakistani government.

- No Americans harmed in the operation, despite one helicopter crashing.

- Bin Laden alleged to have basically been hiding in plain sight.

- No picture of Bin Laden's body.

- No actual body anymore, because the US 'buried him at sea' :confused: (this is the most bizarre part of this yarn).

- No evidence other than claims by US government that DNA testing confirms it was him. (The mind boggles as to how they got a sample of his DNA anyway... it not like he would have sent them a cheek swab is it now...)

Yet despite the dubiousness of all the above claims, which come at a time when Obama needs to boost his approval ratings, the world seems to be taking the USA's word for it. :rolleyes:
Reply 1902
Original post by el scampio
WTF is a dolt? And is that the only insult you know? How many times a day do you say it? Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

Let me guess...............'dolt' right?

This is a dolt. It describes you perfectly

A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time. Many times they are oblivious to their own mental incapacity.
', on the Political Punch blog, writing about the nature of the unreleased pictures of Bin Laden, says: "Officials who have seen the photographs describe them as 'gruesome'. Bin Laden has a gunshot wound to his forehead. The insides of his head are visible.'
Original post by Rant
He was murdered by a corrupt country - it's not like they haven't done the same before, e.g Allende.

No, not really. Even his daughter says he committed suicide.

Anyway, they are doing an autopsy.
Original post by U.S Lecce
Sigh* the usual rhetoric of a conspiracy nut:

"bin laden no dead! Obama lie! No evidence, no evidence, it all lie!"

How does what I presented resemble the above? Maybe I am as stupid as you suppose; I really cannot see the similarities...
There's not much choice there, he didn't want to surrender and the army around him doesn't have any choice but to shoot him. Why dwell on something that has been done? Surely if you were in the position of the people who are trying to to get him you would probably think the same and shoot him instead to not risk the people around you as well. Even if he was caught, what's the point? Surely the people around him will want to get him killed as well knowing that he is the number one public enemy of the world.
Original post by Mikl6969
also they said he hid behind his wife...this has now been confirmed as not true....It just seems unnecessary and dirty to spread false things about him.It was the same with Linda Norgrove they said there was a suicide bombing now they admit they shot her by mistake.

btw it was the same squad(probably same soliders) in both missions

No, not quite.

Don't compare the fascist that advocated the murder of innocents to an aid worker.

You are the one who is dirty by coming up with such a stupid comparison.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SteveCrain
The USA have added a new twist to the saga of Bin Laden, namely, that he was "unarmed when shot".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13274176

This diversion tactic has been introduced to bring authenticity and substance to a story which has no semblance of believability. There have been petty "concessions" by the US government, which, though sating he who wants to believe, are glaringly inadequate for all others, especially so, given the scale and planning purported to have gone into this operation.

The evidence? An empty compound, a dead family, a bloody room.

"
, therefore Bin Laden is dead.

I completely agree with, I dont see why people are so head over heels to believe everything the media tells them, its not like their facts.... or even to believe what their government does... the amount of crap they cover up and never tell us the full story... yet they still trust them... remember wikileaks with the killings of innocent civilians
It might just be my imagination running wild, but if OBL was very much alive he'd almost definitely have recorded a video calling recent events a hoax and the tape sent to a local news service.

Just sayin'.
Grow up. He was killed, he was buried at sea.

The US can fabricate pics and videos should they chose. And no doubt if/when they do release anything this is exactly what they will be accused of.
Original post by Iqbal007
I completely agree with, I dont see why people are so head over heels to believe everything the media tells them, its not like their facts.... or even to believe what their government does... the amount of crap they cover up and never tell us the full story... yet they still trust them... remember wikileaks with the killings of innocent civilians

All you do is spout the same retarded line about people cannot believe everything that the media tells them.

That doesn't disprove what they have said.
Original post by DorianGrayism
All you do is spout the same retarded line about people cannot believe everything that the media tells them.

That doesn't disprove what they have said.

Nor can they prove what they said, you may argue they have evidence, but there are so many flaws in the evidence and how they dealt with the situation.
Reply 1913
Original post by DorianGrayism
No, not quite.

Don't compare the fascist that advocated the murder of innocents to an aid worker.

You are the one who is dirty by coming up with such a stupid comparison.

my point was about the purposeful misinformation

I believe all murder and deceit is wrong
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Barden

- No actual body anymore, because the US 'buried him at sea' :confused: (this is the most bizarre part of this yarn).

This is was a mistake. They should have kept the body and let it be inspected by independent observers or something. They were too hasty to "respect Islamic law":rolleyes:
Original post by Manitude
It might just be my imagination running wild, but if OBL was very much alive he'd almost definitely have recorded a video calling recent events a hoax and the tape sent to a local news service.

Just sayin'.

I doubt satisfying the West's appetite for gossip is one of OBLs major concerns. Also, there would be undoubted benefits for him if everyone thought he was dead.

Just to clarify, he probably is dead, but this event is unlikely to have anything to do with it.
Original post by Mikl6969
my point was about the purposeful misinformation

I believe all murder and deceit is wrong

I doubt you believe all murder is wrong. If someone ( IE Bin Laden) is trying to murder you, then I doubt you will still hold the same view.
Original post by Barden
- A secret operation undertaken in Pakistan, without the knowledge of the Pakistani government.

- No evidence other than claims by US government that DNA testing confirms it was him. (The mind boggles as to how they got a sample of his DNA anyway... it not like he would have sent them a cheek swab is it now...)

Yet despite the dubiousness of all the above claims, which come at a time when Obama needs to boost his approval ratings, the world seems to be taking the USA's word for it. :rolleyes:

A hellicopter crashed but no Americans were harmed? That right there is bull. Hellicopters don't have ejection seats like fighter jets, so it's implausible that nobody got injured, if they were telling the truth!

DNA sample proves it was Bin Laden? Surely they would need a prior sample of DNA in order to match it? I find it very unlikely they already had a smple of his DNA!!! Where and how would they have obtained Bin Laden's DNA prior to his supposed killing???

This is all lies, lies and more lies!
Original post by Barden

You forgot to add how right after he was supposedly killed, he was buried at sea in accordance with Islamic traditions. Yet Abbottabad is 1500km away from the sea. I call serious BS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending