The Student Room Group

Obama has secured re-election

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
*death

That is all.
Reply 61
What the **** kind of keyboard do you use that you managed to get a 'c' into death?
Reply 62
Original post by lawbot
God, can obama really stoop any lower.

The man is all talk and no action who has convinced himseld that he is Jesus christ reincarnated AND NOW...
he claims the glory for a battle that he did not fight, nor win.

Makes me want to puke.

When you can spell death I will take you seriously.
Is deatch like beatch? A really low class version of a death?
Reply 64
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Is deatch like beatch? A really low class version of a death?

Someone not worthy of full death?
Obama is a sick, disgusting individual who should be sectioned under the mental health act.

Lots of people say he is the anti christ, and after his behaviour and general demeanor over the past few days, i'm more & more inclined to believe them!

Obama creeps me out. Like some kind of demon or something. Please don't vote this degenerate back into office!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by el scampio
Obama is a sick, disgusting individual who should be sectioned under the mental health act.

Lots of people say he is the anti christ, and after his behaviour and general demeanor over the past few days, i'm more & more inclined to believe them!

Obama creeps me out. Like some kind of demon or something. Please don't vote this degenerate back into office!

You sir are possibly the most enlightened individual i have ever come accross on TSR.

Amen to you!
Reply 67
Original post by Drewski
*death

That is all.

I Love it.

I mean literally.. that is all you need to say, and it sums OP's up. Deep.
Original post by Captain Crash
Considering polls have a delay of about 2-3 days before current affairs take effect, I'll reserve judgement.

If he gets any bounce at all it's going to be extremely short lived. Obama's administration made a lot of mistakes in the last 48 hours or so. The biggest mistake seems to be that no one can get their story straight. They don't know if Bin Laden was armed, not armed, was there a human shield, why wasn't he taken alive, who was killed before the main target, etc. He also delivered that awful ego-maniac speech that made it sound like he personally pulled the trigger himself. He should have been more gracious, thanked Bush 43 for gathering the intelligence that made this all possible (using interrogation techniques that Obama campaigned against) and also he should have made more of an effort to thank the brave soldiers who made the mission possible. Instead it was I did this, I did that :rolleyes:

He also shouldn't have let this photo debate get out of control. This idiotic effort for proper burial is stupid too. We should have buried bin Laden in a coffin full of pork :cool:
Original post by Made in the USA
If he gets any bounce at all it's going to be extremely short lived.

That's quite likely, although not necessarily for the reasons you stated. The public have a short political memory and any 'rally around the flag' bumps that have occurred for US presidents have usually been wiped out within a few months. There are many examples I could illustrate this (Cuban missle crisis, Soviet invasion of Afghanistan etc) but the best one is Bush's presidency:

Edit: Also, for the record, what would filling the coffin with pork achieve aside from inciting the Islamic world against the US? The dead should be treated with respect (note; not honored) regardless of who it is.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Captain Crash
Also, for the record, what would filling the coffin with pork achieve aside from inciting the Islamic world against the US? The dead should be treated with respect (note; not honored) regardless of who it is.

Was Nick Berg or Daniel Pearl treated with respect? How about those people falling to their death from the twin towers, were they treated with respect? Terrorists aren't going to have a better opinion of us one way or another. Maybe if they knew they would be buried in a barrel of pig's blood when captured, they would stop committing acts of terrorism against us.
Was Nick Berg or Daniel Pearl treated with respect? How about those people falling to their death from the twin towers, were they treated with respect? Terrorists aren't going to have a better opinion of us one way or another. Maybe if they knew they would be buried in a barrel of pig's blood when captured, they would stop committing acts of terrorism against us.

I'm not justifying those actions, but once those people were dead, their bodies weren't desecrated.

In any case, whatever happened to maintaining the moral high ground?
i just chowked on my powtaytose
Reply 73
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I don't think Obama is the type to make a big issue of this.

But I think he will be re-elected anyway due to the weakness of Republican candidates.

One thing which has always confused me about US politics is how, despite the vast array of superbly intelligent academic/economic commentators on the right wing of the US political spectrum, the Republican party seems to throw out caricatures of the most odd types of 'whacky right wingers' in US society.

Trust me, it doesn't make sense to us either.
Reply 74
If he wants to be secure his presidential seat, he better pass the dream act or produce jobs left and right before 2012.
Reply 75
I have my doubts.
This whole Osama-affair may be great and almighty now, but the effect probably won't last. Some argue that Bush had more to do with it than Obama.

Although I'd choose Obama any day over Trump (he may be an interesting business man and funny TV personality, but president of United States, no way!). However, Palin is the worst, if she became president it would just be plain scary.
Reply 76
Original post by thunder_chunky
"I'm the guy who got Osama bin Laden."

Being somewhat anecdotal there, but I do believe it to be at least partially true. I think he just significantly upped his chances of being reelected in 2012.

I'm ok with that. With the exception of Ron Paul, all the GOP hopefuls so far are clueless dip****s.

Bachmann, Palin, Trump, and Huckabee. Seriously? That's the best you can do? Together they have the brain power of a turd.

He will win now.The Main attack against him was he was weak,unpatriotic and even a terrorist.No one can him those things.He has also secured a face saving exit from Afghanistan.
Original post by Joe199111
No one can him those things.He has also secured a face saving exit from Afghanistan.

They're not exiting from Afghanistan. Speeches from John Kerry and Hilary Clinton over the past couple of days confirm it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 78

I agree, they should have taken Osama back to the US so Obama could have shot him personally on TV. I bet that would have been great for ratings.
Original post by Joe199111
He will win now.The Main attack against him was he was weak,unpatriotic and even a terrorist.No one can him those things.He has also secured a face saving exit from Afghanistan.

:rolleyes:

You know nothing about US politics if you think the above - the albatross around his neck is the economy, period. Despite killing OBL for example, his ratings have slid further on the issue, to the lowest point on record. I have no doubt that the economy shall improve by the time we reach 2012, but if it doesn't, that shall be the end of Obama.

All killing OBL will do is give Obama a short-term boost and at best, shore-up his commander-in-chief credentials somewhat, but then this was never the main issue to begin with - amongst those who count, the independent voters. As the old adage goes, "It's the economy stupid".
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending