The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by lauren6210
as you can see all greebank :smile: iv been looking though different forums like this and i havent seen many saying thay they have chosen greenbank :/ eventhough this may be good as there will be less compatition but im worried that maybe greenbank wasnt the right choice. What do people think?

You'll love Greenbank (speaking from experience). In first year, I lived in Private Halls, but spent alot of time on Greenbank as that's where most of my Uni mates lived. It's a nice leafy environment, and it's just down the road from Seffy Park (great for walking around when the weather gets a bit warmer) :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Ahhh just firmed Liverpool for Veterinary...

High contact so I want to be on campus..

At the moment im thinking:
Prospect Point
Philarmonic
Mulberry

All SC. Any feedback ideas? :smile:
Reply 162
Original post by ziggyissocute
Ahhh just firmed Liverpool for Veterinary...

High contact so I want to be on campus..

At the moment im thinking:
Prospect Point
Philarmonic
Mulberry

All SC. Any feedback ideas? :smile:

They're the ones that I have applied for, so I think its a great choice! :biggrin:
Original post by cjcw20
I suppose both have their advantages, its just whatever is more important for you. Having already spent a year at uni before, and being 25 mins away on a bus (I lived at home), I dont think I ever made it to a 9am lecture lol So living out at off campus accommodation would just never work for me... proximity is the main priority for me.

I was going to go with off-campus where all the students where however I thought about it and this is why I have booked private halls (Cambridge Court) which are 5 min away from the uni, I think that I will really struggle and hate having to get the bus (I have had to get a bus to school all my life and I hated it). I get a much nicer modern room with en-suite, 5 min away from campus with a shop, laundrette and pub below which suits me more! :smile: It'll be filled with LJM students aswell as UOL and the other unis so hopefully the atmosphere is just as buzzing!

I also got to choose what room, what floor, how many people I wanted to live with (between 3-6) and what building I wanted to be in so I know exactly where I will be next year! You also get the opportunity to view the criteria of people (if they have) that have booked this flat. However I was the first person who booked the flat so this wasn't a problem.

If any of you want to be my flat mate PM me and I'll tell you what one I have booked :smile: I am hoping/looking for some social people to live with so when you book it you can select the same flat as me ahaa! :wink:
Original post by swithers1

hey, can anyone help me please... wanting to go to liverpool and i'm soon to put it as my first choice - heard the accom. is quite bad - anyone have knowledge of the best places to stay? do they do en-suite self catered?

I started at Liverpool Uni last September and I lived in Roscoe and Gladstone Hall for two months. It wasn't brilliant to be honest, the food wasn't great, the fire alarms went off quite a lot... There is a bar and a games room upstairs but they were never open! So the only social area is the dining room, as the bedrooms are too small to fit many people in. There was normally a long wait in the bus queue every morning, as there is one main bus stop shared between two big halls of residence. It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't choose to live there again. I'm going back to Liverpool this September to start a different course and I'm living in UNITE accommodation on the campus [: Hope this helps a bit!
Original post by ItsRach
is anybody here on a gap year?

Yes [:
Reply 166
Original post by GreenRomance
There is a bar and a games room upstairs but they were never open! So the only social area is the dining room

RnG bar closed when I was in first year (three years ago) due to lack of use :P. There is always DnR bar or Carni bar if you want a drink
Reply 167
Just got my room offer through for Prospect Point :biggrin: going to accept it next week when I have the funds for the deposit. Anyone else get an offer yet?
Reply 168
Original post by cjcw20
Just got my room offer through for Prospect Point :biggrin: going to accept it next week when I have the funds for the deposit. Anyone else get an offer yet?

I just got one too! third floor! :biggrin:
Reply 169
Original post by alice412
I just got one too! third floor! :biggrin:

I got first floor. That'll be handy on returning home from nights out lol
Reply 170
Haha, I guess I'll be stumbling up the stairs then!
Reply 171
Got offered D&R s/c e/s.
Reply 172
When do we have to reply/pay deposit by?
Reply 173
^ if you log into liv.ac.uk/housing and check your offer it tells you there. I've to reply by the 18th May.
Reply 174
Thanks. Same.
Reply 175
Hi, seems like quite a few interesting ppl are trying to living in prospect point! I'll be going to UOL as international from the states, Just got my room offer from prospect today! I was so excited paid my deposit straight off! gonna be on the first floor! I hope you guys get in, sounds like it'd be a good atmosphere! :biggrin:
Reply 176
got my room offer, prospect point! so happy!
I'm on second floor!
Reply 177
I too got my offer today for Prospect Point, first floor block A. It's the first block with the double sized rooms in so fingers crossed!

edit: only a handful of the rooms in A block are double in size. Pot luck who gets one.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 178
Got Mulberry, guess I'm the only crazy enough person to not apply for Prospect to save some money xD
Reply 179
Original post by Beholden
I too got my offer today for Prospect Point, first floor block A. It's the first block with the double sized rooms in so fingers crossed!

edit: only a handful of the rooms in A block are double in size. Pot luck who gets one.

How do you know you are in block A? I just got a room number, it didn't mention a block

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending