The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by merryhappy
He's always said he wasn't behind 9/11.

Plus it's the principle of putting him trial, we live in a so called democratic society where people have the right to innocence until proven guilty.

America is the worlds number one terroist.
Half a million people have died in Iraq.
Countless in Afganistan.
Theres a silent war with Pakistan.
Imperial war in Libya.

How many innocents do you think the capitalist powers of the world have killed people because of their own interests and capital gain?

okay so you put him on trial, what jury is ever going to find him innocent?
What about where you are keeping him whilst he is being kept awaiting trial? do you not think people would try and help him escape/whatever? does this nor pose a security risk? might it not cause the shooting of more people?
say you put him on trial, i'm assuming he'd be executed if found guilty, do you not think that this could make him a martyr?
Original post by muffingg
Okay, he died, but what I don't like is people celebrating about it. That is just inhumane.

Troll? Do you realise how many people he indirectly killed because of his actions?
Reply 2062
Original post by Aj12
Well yeah it is. All politicians are self interested. No way Obama is going to risk his presidency on a lie that would be so easy to disprove

I can understand why this argument which relies on the premise of the title, President, may be favourable; however, the character also comes into question here. For example, the same basis can be applied to the case of Dr Harold Shipman who was found guilty of killing 215 of his patients through intentionally providing the wrong medical treatment. These patients trusted him because he was their Doctor. This is one of the more extreme examples.

This is where, I think, the people that are sceptical of the government's version of events are also assessing the character of Obama. He may be described as a liar, for not keeping his promises when he was elected, to close Guantanamo bay, to bring US troops back home, continuing the wars in the countries it is embroiled in for state interests since it is allowing dictatorships to remain, for example, Saudi Arabia & so forth. If the govt's version of events was told by [Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King] instead of [Obama, Cameron, Zardari] perhaps it might have been accredited with less suspicion.

Also, given that Osama is infamous worldwide, our natural inclination for evidence of his death comes to play here automatically and because of the lack of information provided, doubts are becoming more established. It may occur that if Bin Laden's death isn't shown or if it is shown without substantial accuracy, the alternative theories have a potential of prevailing the govt’s version of events.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Firstly, the last bit makes no sense, at all, you know nothing about what you are talking about, please stop before you embarrass yourself. They buried him with the traditional clothing + prayers etc etc to show respect, mostly respect for his religion.

Secondly. It is not like their is no 'evidence'. It's not like they have said it and banned any news stuff about it and don't make any comments. They are consistently telling us stuff about it and at this very moment are talking about releasing photo's
Maybe i'm naive. But when countless world leaders, and a countless number more Officials from various countries comment on it and are all saying the same thing. I can believe it. When their is undeniable proof the raid happened and undeniable proof someone died in that raid.. then it is reasonable to take this as evidence.

We are not at a 'beyond reasonable doubt' stage yet. But there is evidence.

It's like they all ring up one man and ask him if it's true or not. They all have their own representatives in each country, they all have their own sources etc etc.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about when you are saying they buried him in the sea out of respect for Islam, burying him at sea is not in accordance to islamic principles unless it was absolutely necessary, in this case it was not, the operation was nowhere near the sea, about 1500 miles away.
The head of Egypt’s prestigious seat of Sunni Muslim learning, al-Azhar, said the sea burial ‘contradicts all the religious values and human norms’.
And various scholars have condemmed the claim that his burial was in accordance with the religion - do you know more about islam than me and the scholars of the religion :rolleyes:

There is no evidence. There is evidence that some operation was carried out and maybe a few videos of blood spattered carpets - but do you call that conclusive evidence that he is dead? is that your IQ? They even say he wasn't armed. The fact that a few allies involved in the current comment on the situation is not proof. The fact that they are talking about releasing photos to you is evidence? Its merely a distraction that allows them to offer excuses for not releasing the photos, such as it being too gruesome or somehow invigorating a negative reaction, whilst giving the impression the actually considered it (and that they do have those images).

You can say he is dead or not (as a result of this event or not), I cannot prove any likelihood, however I can tell you for sure that such idea that they buried him at sea to respect Islamic tradition is entirely false.
(edited 12 years ago)
There was a "25 minute blackout" while the operation was underway. I don't know if this means there is no video of the actual killing.

Hmm... :holmes:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698
BBC News Live Feed
According to an interview with CIA director Leon Panetta on PBS, there was video of the approach to the compound but no direct video feed from the operation itself. Mr Panetta said there was a twenty five minute blackout once the team went in.

www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/terrorism/jan-june11/panetta_05-03.html
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2065
I am a republican supporter however respected the presidencies of several democrats including FDR and JFK, however I cant stand Mr Obama.

I was a fan of ex war hero John McCain and I do honestly think Obama is all talk. He can talk the talk but his policies have been crap.

Lets hope Donald Trump can kick his ass.

As for osama Bin Laden, has anyone seen the body? would surprise me if it was part of another conspiracy
Original post by thunder_chunky
Says the person who wasn't there. He was refusing to surrender and was using a woman as a human shield, he was resisting.
I don't think you could ever be sure that they could have brought him in. You can only speculate.

This

Well obviously I am speculating.

That is just my inference from the facts that have been given.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Well obviously I am speculating.

That is just my inference from the facts that have been given.

You just can't be sure, put it that way. I mean you don't have the full facts, the situation might have been complicated. It would be wrong to assume without any doubt he could have been taken alive.
Reply 2068
Original post by popop124
really? Source?

- doesn't sound like a much of fight to me then - at least once those with firearms were down

My question is: why didn't they just CS gas the whole building?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13275124

here you are

and gassing the building would be risky... he had Kids and women in there
Reply 2070
Original post by 4TSR
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13275124

here you are

and gassing the building would be risky... he had Kids and women in there

Risky???

- half of them got shot!

Thanks for the link - its clear that he wasn't armed then - I can understand why it might have happened (a lot of things going on - maybe he was acting in a threatening way), What I do object to a great deal, is seeing this unfortunate turn of events in some way as a good thing to happen. Osama's speech did not make it clear this clear and that it would have been better to take him to court. This total lack of remorse and even some celebration just puts the Americans on the same level as them.

Wouldn't everyone agree with this?:

Civilised people should not storm buildings, shoot unarmed people and then label the killings as "good" whether they are American or Muslim.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2071
Original post by merryhappy
He's always said he wasn't behind 9/11.

Do you have a source for that? - surprising since everyone seems to blame him for it...
Original post by Psuedo
He should have been tried and punished by an international criminal court.

Agreed.
Original post by RectalExamination
You clearly do not know what you are talking about when you are saying they buried him in the sea out of respect for Islam, burying him at sea is not in accordance to islamic principles unless it was absolutely necessary, in this case it was not.

There is no evidence. There is evidence that some operation was carried out and maybe a few videos of blood spattered carpets - but do you call that conclusive evidence that he is dead? is that your IQ? They even say he wasn't armed. The fact that a few allies involved in the current comment on the situation is not proof. The fact that they are talking about releasing photos to you is evidence? Its merely a distraction that allows them to offer excuses for not releasing the photos, such as it being too gruesome or somehow invigorating a negative reaction, whilst giving the impression the actually considered it (and that they do have those images).

Yes it was necessary. You are naive, idiotic and arrogant.
I can't be assed to explain for the 1000th time why they had to bury him at sea. It takes you 5 seconds to google the explanation.. please read the god damn news because you go flinging wrong information around. It is really annoying ttrying to discuss things with naive people like you.

You really don't have a clue, do you?
Do you realise the ramafacations if they buried him the ;usual way'?

Oh and btw, about your 'scholar' Well done for finding one or a few guys who go against it. Now can you please explain to me why many, many officials from varying countries and religions have stated that it was perfectly ok to do?

Or are you more intelligent that the entirety of the world? I think not.

P.s. you really are the most idiotic person on this forum if you think releasing photo's will do nothing to Al Qeada, you truly are a naive moron. I can't be assed to try and talk to people as narrow minded as you. The world is not perfect, get off your high horse and realize why the real world is like.

And while your at it.. stuff about the burial, and not releasing photo's countless articles and such on that. So please use google, google is your friend :wink:
Original post by magpie90
I am a republican supporter however respected the presidencies of several democrats including FDR and JFK, however I cant stand Mr Obama.

I was a fan of ex war hero John McCain and I do honestly think Obama is all talk. He can talk the talk but his policies have been crap.

Lets hope Donald Trump can kick his ass.

As for osama Bin Laden, has anyone seen the body? would surprise me if it was part of another conspiracy

Typical republican
'Rofl wut? Obama has made our economy better and caught Osama? who cares'
Reply 2075
bbc news are know reporting the picture that obama didnt see the shooting of obama as there was a 25 minute blackout lollllll.

first he was using a human shield then he wasnt.
then he was armed and now they say he wasnt.
white house supposedly released a picture of obama and his cronies watching it all and now bbc are reporting that obama didnt see anything due to a 25 minute blackout.

Love the way they are changing there stories.

obama is just a another bush but he's more appealing bewcause he's black.

and i do beleive that the pakistani government knew what the americans are doing but are just chatting ****
(edited 12 years ago)
Nobody was harmed in the helicopter crash as there wasn't a crash. The helicopter landed then suffered mechanical issues, the American soliders then destroyed it to preven it being captured. There is a lot of doubt over his death but I see no reason why he isn't dead? The story may have changed but the men who were there were soldiers not authors, the four men men probably have four different accounts such is human nature of seeing something happen.
Reply 2077
Original post by ijaz
bbc news are know reporting the picture that obama didnt see the shooting of obama as there was a 25 minute blackout lollllll.

first he was using a human shield then he wasnt.
then he was armed and now they say he wasnt.
white house supposedly released a picture of obama and his cronies watching it all and now bbc are reporting that obama didnt see anything due to a 25 minute blackout.

Love the way they are changing there stories.

obama is just a another bush but he's more appealing bewcause he's black.

and i do beleive that the pakistani government knew what the americans are doing but are just chatting ****

If you saw the pictures of the US Government & Military watching the events as it took place, you would have seen a military official in the screen, presumably describing events to them as it happened, not the actual event.
Nobody said that Obama and Hilary Clinton and everyone else watched the seals go in and kill OBL.

But i'm sure you don't believe that either.
Reply 2078
Original post by Lizzzle
If you saw the pictures of the US Government & Military watching the events as it took place, you would have seen a military official in the screen, presumably describing events to them as it happened, not the actual event.
Nobody said that Obama and Hilary Clinton and everyone else watched the seals go in and kill OBL.

But i'm sure you don't believe that either.

they never released a picture of the screen with the general
Reply 2079
Original post by ijaz
they never released a picture of the screen with the general

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/5680161629/in/photostream/

Looks like they did to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending