The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 7- June 2011 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey what would be the first question normally ?
First question is usually either a data flow diagram or a input/process/output data, possibly a functional spec but main the input/process/output one.
How many tables does everyone get from the acenario, I understand you cant really give a proper answer until you get the data files.:smile:
Reply 23
Original post by SmartImport
First question is usually either a data flow diagram or a input/process/output data, possibly a functional spec but main the input/process/output one.

so cn u post the answer for the above questions ?
Reply 24
Hey Guys!!.... :smile:

I have recently recieved the May 2011 Unit 7exam scenario and its not looking good.. :frown:

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the scenarion and whether or not anyone has any hints and tips on what they have found out..

Many Thanks!!... :smile:
Right well so far it looks like we'd be splitting the data into four tables, probably being:
Customers
Films
Tickets
Feedback

Although I'n not too sure on the feedback one as of yet, but I think looking at past papers it's safe to say there will be 4 tables. Key fields will probably be the usuals, Customer ID, Film ID, Ticket ID and still unsre over the feedback one haha.

Login will be be one task which will have input/process/output:
Input - entering username and password
Process - Checking if both are correct
Output - Error message if wrong details are entered, if not then user proceeds to booking form

Hope that helps as a start guys :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by SmartImport
Right well so far it looks like we'd be splitting the data into four tables, probably being:
Customers
Films
Tickets
Feedback

Although I'n not too sure on the feedback one as of yet, but I think looking at past papers it's safe to say there will be 4 tables. Key fields will probably be the usuals, Customer ID, Film ID, Ticket ID and still unsre over the feedback one haha.

Login will be be one task which will have input/process/output:
Input - entering username and password
Process - Checking if both are correct
Output - Error message if wrong details are entered, if not then user proceeds to booking form

Hope that helps as a start guys :smile:

ok thnx a lot
Reply 27
Yes, available tomorrow. Will post the link tomorrow.
Reply 28
but how will the guide help us when the data files arnt released????
I'm cheap, I'll have a go at problem solving myself ;D
Reply 30
hey i have seen the exam data files on edexcel website for June 2011 can anyone upload so that i can practice
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by cfrench
To see the sampler, just go to my blog at http://anictteacher.wordpress.com
You can download the sampler for free from there.
If you think it will be useful, go to www.teacherexchange.co.uk and seach for Moreshire Cinema Club Guide B - it costs £12 and includes the guide and two Access database files. One shows tasks 1 and 3 completed, the other shows all four tasks completed.
Obviously, when you get to the exam, you have to make a database using the supplied dataset and there will be some surprises but if you have worked through the guide and whatever materials your own teacher gives you, you should be able to cope.
The £12 guide will be available on teacherexchange just as soon as Richard, who runs the site, approves it and makes it live. Today, tomorrow? Tuesday at the latest.
If you can't wait, PM me when you have seen the sample and we will work something out.

hey plzzz can some one get this guide and give me then for sure i will give that person the exam data files !
Reply 32
Wats the gurantee that u wil provide with the exam data files?????
Reply 33
There are no data files until the exam release! it states that on the pre-release senario.
Has anyone figured how to create a username and password log in?
Also i am really confused on how to create the ID using letters and a unique number.

I have the following for generating the new customer ID on a form, but it's not quite working for me:
=Left([LastName],3) & Right(DMax("[MemberNo]","[tblReg]"),4)+1

I was also wandering do you think that we will need to store the reviews within the system?

Its coming round quick!
what if u have to generate a sequential number for a alphanumeric Member No??(that is the max id(alphanumeric) +1) I tried the DMax Function but i always get #ERROR on the field.
Reply 35
Original post by ajay fernando

Original post by ajay fernando
what if u have to generate a sequential number for a alphanumeric Member No??(that is the max id(alphanumeric) +1) I tried the DMax Function but i always get #ERROR on the field.

You can use the DLast Function this should contain the last MemberNo entered, then you would use the left or right function to retrieve just the numbers from the MemberNo field +1
Reply 36
Original post by pirozek

Original post by pirozek
There are no data files until the exam release! it states that on the pre-release senario.
Has anyone figured how to create a username and password log in?
Also i am really confused on how to create the ID using letters and a unique number.

I have the following for generating the new customer ID on a form, but it's not quite working for me:
=Left([LastName],3) & Right(DMax("[MemberNo]","[tblReg]&quot:wink:,4)+1

I was also wandering do you think that we will need to store the reviews within the system?

Its coming round quick!

Use DLast instead of DMax
Reply 37
Original post by saadmannan
Have u uploaded the sample data files

hey do u have sample text files where u teacher gave u ??
Reply 38
Right, ive been reading the last 3 pages and I have to say no ones making any sense :P. Let's just get everything straight. Can someone just post a nice post explaining what's been found up to now?

And isn't this suppose to be in soo much detail? I know its going to be complex -ish but we don't have to go and make complex passwords and such?

Edit: I just read it again. Right I'm actually confused when it comes to the generation of unique usernames which combine the student name and the sequential numbers part!

It's just tables, forms, queries, not too confusing. But whats going on for the Tracking Payments part?

Answers would be well appreaciated!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
I feel the same as "iRush".

My thought would be to check that the password is correct with the username would be to use a query and form. As in, create a form that requires the user to enter their username and password. If no results are found then they must have entered either one wrong or no such details exist (this would be where a message would pop up).

Do people agree with that? Or would you do this another way?

To check whether they are old enough is easy - just create a validation rule.
Generate unique username - I know quite a few people have posted links but it's not clear for me.
A default password - Is this a password to enter the whole database or a password to enter their account?

I notice it says nothing about the user wanting the change the password, so I guess the query for the password would be "teapot".

Please someone help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending