The Student Room Group

Standard Grade Maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kcc123
did anyone get question 10 on paper 1?
it was the one with the triangle and and you had to show sinB= 1/5 or something??

Umm... I think I got 4sin150/10

And then sin150 = 1/2 so it became 2/10 and then sinB = 1/5?

Something like that :redface:
I'm in 6th year and a 4th year came in my class with credit paper 1 for the teacher to look at. I had a look at it and I thought that is a tough paper and even I was struggling to think how to do some of the questions. That variation question though was very cruel. Hope you all did well. :smile:
Yeah, I found paper two more difficult personally. :smile:

The sin 30 one was easier than it looked. If you think of the sine graph, sin 30 and sin 150 both give you the same y coordinate of 0.5. :biggrin:

Anyone else not have a CLUE what to do for the water in a pipe? I got something like 10.6 in the end, but I'm pretty sure it's wrong. :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Most of the people in our class failed...nobody I know got the pipe with the water question on paper 2, anyone get that? Managed to get the parabola one and the variation one so not a complete fail
I got the pipe question... if you look at it, the full length is 18, so half is 9.. then there is a right angled triangle, with opposite and adjacent sides, so you use that to find the hypotense;
x^2=5^2+9^2
x(2)=106
x=10.3 cm!
Reply 45
Does anyone remember. 2008 maths with the higher question, wonder if It was the person hmm. Also I found the KU was very easy compared to the ES.

I felt at easy most of the time but near the end I wanted to slam my head on the table. My brain and head hurts but at least english is easy.

Hoping for a one for english.
Reply 46
Original post by légèreté
On both credit papers I didn’t find the KU that difficult to do. Whereas the RE questions seemed to be very challenging in comparison. I managed to answer every question on both papers.

Yes, I did it.

H = 48 + 8t - t^2
I believe the answer was 12 seconds, though I‘m not entirely sure.

Yep, looks right
I got to 10.3 but I don't think that was the radius :frown:
Original post by christinaaxox
I got the pipe question... if you look at it, the full length is 18, so half is 9.. then there is a right angled triangle, with opposite and adjacent sides, so you use that to find the hypotense;
x^2=5^2+9^2
x(2)=106
x=10.3 cm!

Wouldn't that give you the length between B and the bottom of the pipe? :confused:
Reply 49
I got 10.6 for the pipe question.

Variation one I messed up :frown:
I got 10.3, and it seems correct to me! the sin30 question in paper 1 was horrible, as was the variation! I'm hoping for a 1/2, maybe a 1/1, but i doubt it! :frown:
Original post by clivethestickman
Wouldn't that give you the length between B and the bottom of the pipe? :confused:

yes it does, but i'm pretty sure it's the same, but idk :frown: messed up big time!
Original post by Direct15
Does anyone remember. 2008 maths with the higher question, wonder if It was the person hmm. Also I found the KU was very easy compared to the ES.

I felt at easy most of the time but near the end I wanted to slam my head on the table. My brain and head hurts but at least english is easy.

Hoping for a one for english.

Paper 1 where you had to complete the square?

That's exactly how I felt, half-way through the second paper, I immediately thought about the 2008 credit paper. Though, I don't think this years was as difficult.
yes it does, but i'm pretty sure it's the same, but idk :frown: messed up big time!

might be. (: i'll go find the paper :tongue: and you won't have messed up that bad, most of the time it's never as bad as it first looks. :biggrin:
Variation was that F is divided by 8.
Reply 55
Original post by cmcsorley17

Whoops. I put multiplied by eight.
Original post by cmcsorley17

that's what I got for the variation I think! at first i got that it doesn't change but then i checked it and changed it to that! fingers crossed, i've got the paper in front of me, i want to cry :L
Reply 57
x^2=5^2+9^2
x(2)=106
x=10.3 cm!

At least I got it rights+ smiles

I have the paper 1 with me so I'll look up q's
Original post by Direct15
At least I got it rights+ smiles

I have the paper 1 with me so I'll look up q's

i'm trying to forget about it haha! gonna study english for friday :frown:
Reply 59
What did people get for variation

I got 1/2s over 2d4 then 1/2S over 16 then I got 8 dunno if its right