The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by INeedToRevise
Same lool plants=boring. Haha. I imagine you will have to do some biology in uni if your doing psychology so its good to get a head start :smile:

Can't believe someone negged me for saying I hate biology -.-

Yeah, our first module is on the mind and brain, which is apparently very biology based :biggrin: so hopefully I should get used to that pretty quickly. It's so exciting :biggrin:

I know! There was no real need for that.
I got the results of my Child Psychology mock, 28/30 isn't bad at all! Lost marks on a question on cross-cultural studies but overall I'm really pleased. :woo:

I'm sure when my anxiety is running high and I'm hyperventilating in an exam hall I'll fare a lot worse, but it's nice to know I'll have a chance. :tongue:

Has anyone had mock exams yet? I can post the criminal, clinical and child questions if you haven't. :h:
Original post by briesandwich
I got the results of my Child Psychology mock, 28/30 isn't bad at all! Lost marks on a question on cross-cultural studies but overall I'm really pleased. :woo:

I'm sure when my anxiety is running high and I'm hyperventilating in an exam hall I'll fare a lot worse, but it's nice to know I'll have a chance. :tongue:

Has anyone had mock exams yet? I can post the criminal, clinical and child questions if you haven't. :h:

Yay that's brilliant! Well done :biggrin:
I haven't had a mock yet, and I don't know if I will tbh as my new teacher is useless, and he hasn't even mentioned it. But I did make him send me the Unit 3 and 4 papers from January so I can do those at some point

I had a criminal mock today! It was from the January paper, and it really wasn't that bad...so my dreams that a TEP 12 mark question will come up in June isn't going to happen =(
I don't know what my full mark is yes 'cause our teacher is marking the 12 marker, but everything else went pretty well!
Original post by lozzyhickers
I had a criminal mock today! It was from the January paper, and it really wasn't that bad...so my dreams that a TEP 12 mark question will come up in June isn't going to happen =(
I don't know what my full mark is yes 'cause our teacher is marking the 12 marker, but everything else went pretty well!

eeeeeee I'm glad it all went well. :^_^: The 12 marker is a pain since it's almost always at the end of the papers! I think in the actual exam I'll skip to the back and answer that one first. :tongue:
eeeeeee I'm glad it all went well. :^_^: The 12 marker is a pain since it's almost always at the end of the papers! I think in the actual exam I'll skip to the back and answer that one first. :tongue:

That's exactly what i'm thinking of doing lol! And that one question can make or break your grade too. Last year, for Unit 2 I was dreading questions on the key issue for Psychodynamic, as when the class learnt it, i'd had a death in the family, so I wasn't totally with it and found it impossible to catch up. But of course...it came up didn't it?! But I managed to get 2 marks off an A.

They're not too bad when you think of it as 6 marks description, 6 marks evaluation. But sometimes the evaluation points are quite weak. :s-smilie:
I am doing Edexcel A2 Chemistry & Physics.
Good luck to everyone having their exams coming up! :h:
That's exactly what i'm thinking of doing lol! And that one question can make or break your grade too. Last year, for Unit 2 I was dreading questions on the key issue for Psychodynamic, as when the class learnt it, i'd had a death in the family, so I wasn't totally with it and found it impossible to catch up. But of course...it came up didn't it?! But I managed to get 2 marks off an A.

They're not too bad when you think of it as 6 marks description, 6 marks evaluation. But sometimes the evaluation points are quite weak. :s-smilie:

I'm sorry to hear about the death in the family. :frown: But 2 marks off an A is fantastic! In my first year I only got a C... mostly because I barely turned up to lesson, but I'm hoping to redeem myself by resitting Unit 2. :tongue: I'm just glad that I'm now getting good marks.. Thankfully A2 really concentrates on evaluation points, issues and debates REALLY helps in my opinion, even if I feel like I'm constantly preaching about ethics. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry to hear about the death in the family. :frown: But 2 marks off an A is fantastic! In my first year I only got a C... mostly because I barely turned up to lesson, but I'm hoping to redeem myself by resitting Unit 2. :tongue: I'm just glad that I'm now getting good marks.. Thankfully A2 really concentrates on evaluation points, issues and debates REALLY helps in my opinion, even if I feel like I'm constantly preaching about ethics. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I could have retaken, but it would have bee this June, so i'd rather thy harder this year. And my teacher told me about Remarking too late! Oh well :tongue:

I think you'll do really well .
Is it just me or is there less content on A2?
Yeah, I could have retaken, but it would have bee this June, so i'd rather thy harder this year. And my teacher told me about Remarking too late! Oh well :tongue:

I think you'll do really well .
Is it just me or is there less content on A2?

A lot less, because there is more questions on evaluation. :yep:
We'll all do really well! :h: And after the 21st of June we'll all be saying "WOW! That was easy! Thank God for the TSR thread!" :tongue:
A lot less, because there is more questions on evaluation. :yep:
We'll all do really well! :h: And after the 21st of June we'll all be saying "WOW! That was easy! Thank God for the TSR thread!" :tongue:

I've found this year way harder to revise for, I suck at evaluation!
Hehe, yeah I hope we do :biggrin: I'll be so relieved once this is over, even more so as Unit 4 is my last exam!
(edited 12 years ago)
And after the 21st of June we'll all be saying "WOW! That was easy! Thank God for the TSR thread!" :tongue:

Haha :smile: I hope we will be saying that. I still have 2 more exams after the 21st :frown:

Do you guys have any of the past papers from this year/last year? Edexcel have a lock on their past papers and my teachers aren't able to access them :frown: Thanks :smile:

And, for issues and debates, when your evaluating ethics for animals and humans, which studies did you cover? The specification says you have to learn two studies.

Oh and also, what was your key issue for clinical?

(edited 12 years ago)
Do you guys have any of the past papers from this year/last year? Edexcel have a lock on their past papers and my teachers aren't able to access them :frown: Thanks :smile:

I can help with Edexcel Maths but that's it:

http://www.sci2.co.uk/maths.html

C1-C4 Jan 2011. The rest are mainly June 2010. Hope it helps.
Original post by kahtapluhar
I can help with Edexcel Maths but that's it:

http://www.sci2.co.uk/maths.html

C1-C4 Jan 2011. The rest are mainly June 2010. Hope it helps.

But I was mainly asking for psychology :smile: I could never do maths haha

And, for issues and debates, when your evaluating ethics for animals and humans, which studies did you cover? The specification says you have to learn two studies.

Oh and also, what was your key issue for clinical?

I've only got June Unit 3 and 4, I can always copy and paste the questions on here if you want?

My key issue for Clinical was Understanding Anorexia. But we had a choice of that or Understanding S1
Unit 3- June 2010

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Unit 4- June 2010

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 58

Unit 4- June 2010

Spoiler

Spoiler

you are a sainttt!! i have a clinical mock exam tommorw and i've nooo idea how its gunna be laid out or how to revise for it..Thank you!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: <3
I've only got June Unit 3 and 4, I can always copy and paste the questions on here if you want?

My key issue for Clinical was Understanding Anorexia. But we had a choice of that or Understanding S1

Thank youu :smile:
Really helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending