The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1460
Original post by platty1907
At least you know what went wrong and can put that right next time :smile: ...and i'm sure it wasn't that bad :smile:

Where was it from?

Nottingham.
Original post by Tinth
Nottingham.

Nottingham's always going to be difficult because it's quite popular. Don't get down hearted and take the criticism constructively :smile: Use it as motivation to destroy your June exams too :smile:
I'm almost in this thread, Im on a waiting list for Kings but otherwise have no offers, will most likely be joining you guys soon lol
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Am i the only one who seems to fail abstract reasoning
i can't ever see the pattern in the shapes!
I loved decision analysis though

Decision analysis was the bane of my life. :nothing:
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Decision analysis was the bane of my life. :nothing:

But it is the easiest :eek:
Original post by a moist feeling
But it is the easiest :eek:

Supposedly. :emo:
Reply 1466
Original post by twelve
Haha yeahh thats the problem. Its just so stressful and it doesn't le tup over the whole two hours :frown:

That was exactly my problem too. I couldn't concentrate at all by the end

I really don't like coffee (probably the only person in the world :aetsch:) but i might give it a try before the UKCAT
Reply 1467
Original post by -Taz-
That was exactly my problem too. I couldn't concentrate at all by the end

I really don't like coffee (probably the only person in the world :aetsch:) but i might give it a try before the UKCAT

Noooo, don't drink coffeee!

Might help you stay awake, but its apparently really bad for your concentration. Water if anything - but be careful cause you don't want to need a pee during the exam :P

When do you think you'll book yours for?
Original post by twelve
Noooo, don't drink coffeee!

Might help you stay awake, but its apparently really bad for your concentration. Water if anything - but be careful cause you don't want to need a pee during the exam :P

When do you think you'll book yours for?

pffft red bull and aspirin FTW
question to all of you ... what jobs/experience are you guys trying to get during your gap years?

other than a HCA job what kind of stuff are useful for improving your application?
Reply 1470
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
pffft red bull and aspirin FTW

Hahaha, oh mannn.

Original post by bertstare
question to all of you ... what jobs/experience are you guys trying to get during your gap years?

other than a HCA job what kind of stuff are useful for improving your application?

Haha, I'm planning sooo much and I bet I won't do half of it. Probably try and do more voluntary work, and hopefully get a job in the hospital which'll be more experience. Doesn't necessarily have to be HCA- I applied for an ECG-taking-trainee post thing, which I was completely qualified for.

I already have sufficient enough work experience so I have A job at a pharmacy now and after results will get a job A's a HCA hopefully :smile:

Other than that... Nothing :worried:

Yourself? :smile:
Does anyone think going on that Gapmedic thing would be a good idea?
Reply 1472
Original post by laurenl93
I already have sufficient enough work experience so I have A job at a pharmacy now and after results will get a job A's a HCA hopefully :smile:

I was thinking about it. But its just the cost really :/ I'm not sure that it would give a good enough experience to make the cost of it worthwhile? Especially since I do actually need the money I eanr from working for university.

Have you heard any other people say it was worth it?
Original post by twelve
Hahaha, oh mannn.

Haha, I'm planning sooo much and I bet I won't do half of it. Probably try and do more voluntary work, and hopefully get a job in the hospital which'll be more experience. Doesn't necessarily have to be HCA- I applied for an ECG-taking-trainee post thing, which I was completely qualified for.

Went on a volunteer website abed up for twelve volunteering projects and got run up and told off for wanting to volunteer for too many things lmao!

I'm not gna start volunteering till after exams though, you?
God I haven't been on this thread in aaaaaaages

Is it just me or is the number of people who are announcing they're joining this thread hearing from unis ridiculously late :0
... I was put out my misery in march :frown:

what job is that exactly? did you need any previous experience?

and im not sure how useful gapmedics will be, i personally dont think ill do it
Original post by twelve
I was thinking about it. But its just the cost really :/ I'm not sure that it would give a good enough experience to make the cost of it worthwhile? Especially since I do actually need the money I eanr from working for university.

Have you heard any other people say it was worth it?

Yeah my friend went on it last year was reapplying and she said I should definitely go, but the problem for me is:

It's Soooooo much money
I couldn't book it till after results
I'd have to write about it in my personal statement and go and pay for it by October

I really wanna go to India but it takes MJNIMUM four weeks to get a visa :redface:
Reply 1476
Went on a volunteer website abed up for twelve volunteering projects and got run up and told off for wanting to volunteer for too many things lmao!

I'm not gna start volunteering till after exams though, you?
God I haven't been on this thread in aaaaaaages

Is it just me or is the number of people who are announcing they're joining this thread hearing from unis ridiculously late :0
... I was put out my misery in march :frown:

Noo, well I've signed up to volunteer for Sense in the summer, but apart from that I think I'll go around signing up for EVERYTHING after exams. It'll take my mind of UKCAT :frown: I've had 3 CRBs done so far, so I know that by signing up at the start of the summer, I'll probably be all ready to start volunteering by september :P
what job is that exactly? did you need any previous experience?

and im not sure how useful gapmedics will be, i personally dont think ill do it

I'm a dispensing assistant and counter assistant so basically I ask people heir symptoms and recommend Which medicine they should get (obv j have to ask the pharmacist when helping pregnant women etc), I take in prescriptions and make up the drugs for the prescriptions, check the tablets in each prescription is right, sort prescriptions, calculate how much money the pharmacy has made in a day(soooo bloody hard to do) and other stuff :smile:
No I just asked and then applied online but you have to train for twoseparate qualifications which take over a year to complete but the girl who's job I took over from who is now dping medicine didn't complete her qualifications so it's not too bad :smile:

I would need to get a job working with parents too though :/
Original post by twelve
Noo, well I've signed up to volunteer for Sense in the summer, but apart from that I think I'll go around signing up for EVERYTHING after exams. It'll take my mind of UKCAT :frown: I've had 3 CRBs done so far, so I know that by signing up at the start of the summer, I'll probably be all ready to start volunteering by september :P

Eurgh. Ukcat.
When I got rejected I started crying and my bestfriend was like it's okay you'll get in eventually I was like "BUT I HAVE TO DO THE UKCAT AGAIN :'(:frown::frown::frown:" lmao. I was more devastated to get rejected by my first choice BECAUSE of the ukcat and then realising od have to do it again made it worse

Whats sense?
Also my letter from St Andrews said it's NT very likely if I resat the ukcat I'd get much higher... Reckon that's true?
Eurgh. Ukcat.
When I got rejected I started crying and my bestfriend was like it's okay you'll get in eventually I was like "BUT I HAVE TO DO THE UKCAT AGAIN :'(:frown::frown::frown:" lmao. I was more devastated to get rejected by my first choice BECAUSE of the ukcat and then realising od have to do it again made it worse

Whats sense?
Also my letter from St Andrews said it's NT very likely if I resat the ukcat I'd get much higher... Reckon that's true?

My feedback letter said the same :frown: I really hope its not true. Funnily enough I had almost the exact same reaction as you did :tongue:

How much is the gapmedic thing? I meant to look but forgot all about it until now :tongue:

Quick Reply