The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent Freshers 2011-2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
I received my NTU today, by phoning up! Those still waiting, I wouldn't hang about because I can't see them sending the ID's out as the lovely chap on the phone seemed as if he has had the same phone call many other times. The number I rung was 0115 848 4200 :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1101
Original post by Nbagnall
Yep, can't wait for october :smile:

what course are you going to be doing?

Im going to be doing Decorative Arts :smile: What about you?
Reply 1102
Just firmed NTU! The only strange thing is I have all my results and have the IT related subject as an a level (required for my course); yet I only have a conditional offer? Any ideas on this?

Another dilemma I now have is where to stay! My lectures etc are on the Clifton Campus but I love the city! Anyone know what the new halls are like?! Need help people.. :frown:
Original post by luis
Just firmed NTU! The only strange thing is I have all my results and have the IT related subject as an a level (required for my course); yet I only have a conditional offer? Any ideas on this?

Another dilemma I now have is where to stay! My lectures etc are on the Clifton Campus but I love the city! Anyone know what the new halls are like?! Need help people.. :frown:

if you still have any exams to take i think they will give you a conditional no matter what

im no expert tho

im also staying in new halls they have a bar and that at clifton and getting into the city is like easy peasy with the unilink bus which sops outside the gym at the campus its also a really nice campus =) but then some people are more for the city and not lazy enough to want to get up no earlyer than ten minutes before class so... its pros and cons

make a list if it helps
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1104
Original post by elisabeth

if you still have any exams to take i think they will give you a conditional no matter what

im no expert tho

im also staying in new halls they have a bar and that at clifton and getting into the city is like easy peasy with the unilink bus which sops outside the gym at the campus its also a really nice campus =) but then some people are more for the city and not lazy enough to want to get up no earlyer than ten minutes before class so... its pros and cons

make a list if it helps

Thanks for the advice :smile:!
Ah thing is, I'm 22, done my exams like 4 years ago ha so I can't work it out, I guess I'll have to ring them tomorrow and find out?

Just spoke with a few friends that went to NTU and they said pretty similar to you. I think I'll just go for the new halls at Clifton, couldn't see my getting up early enough if I was in the city really!

You know much about the new halls, or seen what they might end up looking like?
Original post by luis

What course? :biggrin:
I have to travel from the city to clifton! :tongue:
Original post by luis
Thanks for the advice :smile:!
Ah thing is, I'm 22, done my exams like 4 years ago ha so I can't work it out, I guess I'll have to ring them tomorrow and find out?

Just spoke with a few friends that went to NTU and they said pretty similar to you. I think I'll just go for the new halls at Clifton, couldn't see my getting up early enough if I was in the city really!

You know much about the new halls, or seen what they might end up looking like?

they are about £50 more than peverell a month but i couldn't see them when i was there cus they weren't close to finished yet, no windows or doors or anything yet.. but obv its gonna be all new and fresh and unused. new kitchen appliances new windows and doors that don't creek and bathrooms and yeah i could go all night
Reply 1107
Original post by sanniehald
What course? :biggrin:
I have to travel from the city to clifton! :tongue:

Oh nice one! How come you chose to do that?
Studying Digital Media Technology :biggrin: yourself?
Ah decisions decisions! :confused:
Reply 1108
they are about £50 more than peverell a month but i couldn't see them when i was there cus they weren't close to finished yet, no windows or doors or anything yet.. but obv its gonna be all new and fresh and unused. new kitchen appliances new windows and doors that don't creek and bathrooms and yeah i could go all night

Yeh the 'new' factor does draw me to it above the others. Wasn't impressed with Peverell or however you spell it to be honest.
Original post by luis

i too am studying on clifton but i have decided to stay in the city.

only pros i can think of clifton are

1. get more sleep
2. easy to get to lectures
3. bar on site
4. sports hall on site.
5. all the sports teams train at clifton.
6. only 15mins to get to the city centre.

even with all this being said i feel like i'll have more of a fun time in one of the city accommodations tbh. Peverell did seem a little boring, but it would seem everybody would know each other etc. and the fact that i can go to the club and walk back home is pretty cool :biggrin:
Original post by francistheswole

1. get more sleep
3. bar on site
4. sports hall on site.

even with all this being said i feel like i'll have more of a fun time in one of the city accommodations tbh. Peverell did seem a little boring, but it would seem everybody would know each other etc. and the fact that i can go to the club and walk back home is pretty cool :biggrin:

If it's boring beinga t clifton though, the people will make it fun!

1. get more sleep
3. bar on site
4. sports hall on site.

did you even mention a downside?
did you even mention a downside?

the only downside i can think of peverell seeming to look/be boring during the day.

i feel like i'll miss all the action if i was living on peverell tbh. although when i went to the open day, peverell seemed like it was for me, but i don't want to take the risk of having a slighting boring year as a fresher. i love the idea of having 12-13 people sharing a kitchen and 24 to a common room(sandby), i think it'll increase my chances of meeting fun people(not to sound shallow or anything)

i wish i went to visit the city accommodation though, i'm booking the city accommodation based on sheer rumors lol
Reply 1113
Original post by Ffion
Im going to be doing Decorative Arts :smile: What about you?

Design for Film and Television :smile:

What building is your course in?
the only downside i can think of peverell seeming to look/be boring during the day.

You can change accommodation if you don't like it can't you?
Original post by Wasted Wrath
You can change accommodation if you don't like it can't you?

don't think so, i think you can swap but thats too risky lol
Original post by luis
Oh nice one! How come you chose to do that?
Studying Digital Media Technology :biggrin: yourself?
Ah decisions decisions! :confused:

Because I will be living in a flat in the city :tongue: !
I am doing English with Creative Writing :biggrin: !
Okay maybe a stupid question but i really have no clue:

When I get my grades around the 22nd of June - do I just mail them to the uni or? :O
Original post by sanniehald
Okay maybe a stupid question but i really have no clue:

When I get my grades around the 22nd of June - do I just mail them to the uni or? :O

They should be made aware of them from the exam boards/your college I cant remember who but they will know I think. you then log on to track and sort stuff out there
Reply 1119
Original post by Nbagnall
Design for Film and Television :smile:

What building is your course in?

ACE! :biggrin: Im going to be in the Bonington building next door to the SU! :smile: Looking forward to just rolling out of bed to my lectures :tongue: Is your building far?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending