The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Decision analysis was the bane of my life. :nothing:

Was talking to someone about this and appaz people who studied/like languages find decision analysis easier, cos i think the hardest bit is knowing when to translate word for word or when to just interpret. This was a concept i definately learnt in AS french.
Not saying you gotta study a language but it might help to think like that..?
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Was talking to someone about this and appaz people who studied/like languages find decision analysis easier, cos i think the hardest bit is knowing when to translate word for word or when to just interpret. This was a concept i definately learnt in AS french.

That quite interesting actually :smile: If only I took a language :/ :tongue:
Reply 1482
Original post by laurenl93
Eurgh. Ukcat.
When I got rejected I started crying and my bestfriend was like it's okay you'll get in eventually I was like "BUT I HAVE TO DO THE UKCAT AGAIN :'(:frown::frown::frown:" lmao. I was more devastated to get rejected by my first choice BECAUSE of the ukcat and then realising od have to do it again made it worse

Whats sense?
Also my letter from St Andrews said it's NT very likely if I resat the ukcat I'd get much higher... Reckon that's true?

Its a charity for deafblind people - I'm basically going to be a full time carer for a week for a deafblind child :smile:

I don't reckon it is true - although it probably depends how hard you worked for it last year. And you might have gained skills by doing A2's that you didn't have last year. I'm hoping to be able to improve because I didn't really do any work for it, but I think as long as you work HARDER, you should be able to improve. Even if its just by a little bit :smile:

Doesn't surprise me actually. I'm naturally quite good at languages (god knows why, I don't like French really) and I find that section alright. Although I'm usually really good at the matching shapes to the pattern thing in normal IQ tests. But that one... :frown:
Reply 1483
Original post by twelve
Noooo, don't drink coffeee!

Might help you stay awake, but its apparently really bad for your concentration. Water if anything - but be careful cause you don't want to need a pee during the exam :P

When do you think you'll book yours for?

I think i'll book it for sometime after exams. maybe a week or two after.

A lot depends on what i hear from my GP about my *potential* operation. I'm not sure i'd want to do the UKCAT after that - i'm terrified i'll come out of the operation a completely different person, one who's unable to do UKCAT questions :colondollar:

Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
pffft red bull and aspirin FTW

your username... :smug:
(edited 12 years ago)

I took English Lit... That counts as a language right? :K:
Original post by -Taz-
I think i'll book it for sometime after exams. maybe a week or two after.

A lot depends on what i hear from my GP about my *potential* operation. I'm not sure i'd want to do the UKCAT after that - i'm terrified i'll come out of the operation a completely different person, one who's unable to do UKCAT questions :colondollar:

your username... :smug:

Woop :rolleyes:
Original post by Quackers93
That quite interesting actually :smile: If only I took a language :/ :tongue:

I admint, it helps but many people didn't and still got amazing scores :smile:

Original post by twelve
Doesn't surprise me actually. I'm naturally quite good at languages (god knows why, I don't like French really) and I find that section alright. Although I'm usually really good at the matching shapes to the pattern thing in normal IQ tests. But that one... :frown:

Haha same here, after a few questions i was just like f*** this, and started making up my own patterns.. Not surprising why my score was so low..
My only consolation is that i never actually used a book last year and i've bought two this year so hopefully.. :crossedf:

I took English Lit... That counts as a language right? :K:

lol i'd say so..
what i wanna know though is how certain people like mr. penguinsayquack manage to get 900 in quantitative reasoning..
That would bring up my score ALOT even if i suck at abstract reasoning.. :rolleyes:
Original post by nimitjc
Hey i'm another who's gap yearing and reapplying for med next year after getting 4 rejections for med this year and im thinking that if i had to improve anything from my application this year it would've been my choices (why the heck did i put down 2 bmat unis :|), my personal statement and interview skills (damn kings!)

idk where im going to apply to next year, probs similar to where i did this year and i really cba for the ukcat again let alone the bmat

but does anyone know if there's a way to revise for the bmat to bump it up? because i'd absolutely LOVE to go to imps but obvs idk exactly where im applying atm

Not sure if the BMAT is worth it, who knows though you may be better at it than the UKCAT but if you don't know where you went wrong/what you could do to improve for yourself then it's a gamble..
You can always take the UKCAT early and see what happens, if it doesn't improve, don't apply to UKCAT unis :smile:

And the pretty much the only reason i'm reapplying is cos i know where i went wrong and i think i can improve it, otherwise there'd be no point wasting the year..
Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :smile:
lol i'd say so..
what i wanna know though is how certain people like mr. penguinsayquack manage to get 900 in quantitative reasoning..
That would bring up my score ALOT even if i suck at abstract reasoning.. :rolleyes:

Ahaha, I love how inconspicuous you were with regards to who you were referring to. :tongue:
It definitely would do a fair bit of good though...
Reply 1489
hello people
Ahaha, I love how inconspicuous you were with regards to who you were referring to. :tongue:
It definitely would do a fair bit of good though...

haha what can i say, i don't do subtle :wink:
I did asked him to shed some of his wisdom on preparation for it though, he was really helpful :rolleyes:
Let's hope we murk it this time though..!
Original post by dmz
hello people

:ciao: hello
haha what can i say, i don't do subtle :wink:
I did asked him to shed some of his wisdom on preparation for it though, he was really helpful :rolleyes:
Let's hope we murk it this time though..!

Good luck with it! He's a helpful one, bless his antarctic heart.
Reply 1493
:ciao: hello

sup little lady! :biggrin:
Original post by dmz
sup little lady! :biggrin:

I'll reply! Honest! :colondollar:
Reply 1495
I'll reply! Honest! :colondollar:

Haha the good thing with us is we can stop replying whenever. No obligations :tongue:
Original post by dmz
Haha the good thing with us is we can stop replying whenever. No obligations :tongue:

Respond in your own time. No strings attached. :tongue:
Original post by dmz
hello people

demi, how iz you been. You been working?
Reply 1498
Respond in your own time. No strings attached. :tongue:

:yep: best thing about being single, lol.
Original post by firestar101
demi, how iz you been. You been working?

ended up doing 13.5 hours today but most of it was just sitting around in an hhospital and you?
Original post by dmz
:yep: best thing about being single, lol.

Depends who you're in a relationship with. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending