The Student Room Group

Southampton University Whos going

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I firmed Southampton the other day - so off I go :smile:

I am doing Adult based at Basingstoke campus. I will be living at home (mature student!!)

Soooo excited about it now!!! :biggrin:
Reply 21
Brilliant University, Congratulations
Reply 22
Hey, You know the dual adult/child nursing degree course at southampton, what are the entry requirements, like what has anyone been offered?
Also, is it 100% necessary to hold an A2 science / social science or just desireable? Has anyone received an offer in the nursing degree who is doing neither an A2 in a science or in a social science?
And last, but not least, it states on the website that there is multiple campuses for the Nursing degrees, basingstoke, portsmouth and highfield... do you get placed randomly into one or do you have the option to choose?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 23
The answer to your first question I have not got either of those because I am doing the ND in health and social care. My offer was DMM which I think is ABB equivalent. And the answer to your second question you get to choose which area when you go for the selection day you haves first choice and then a reserve one. By the way I am doing the adult and child nursing course
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by fox1993
The answer to your first question I have not got either of those because I am doing the ND in health and social care. My offer was DMM which I think is ABB equivalent. And the answer to your second question you get to choose which area when you go for the selection day you haves first choice and then a reserve one. By the way I am doing the adult and child nursing course

Thank you :smile:
What is an ND in health and social care may I ask?
and You're doing the adult and child nursing degree? - if you could give me some information about this, as i can't find any details on the website please thanks
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
The ND is the btec national diploma in health and social care, I don't do any exams just coursework. And for the course I don't know a lot about it all that it is four years but at the end you are able to work with adults and children. The course is new for this September, I think that there might be some info on UCAS but not 100% sure. Hope this helps
Reply 26
Ah that's good, well done and congratulations on your offer by the way! Where've you chosen to study, campus wise? Yeah I know it's four years I've emailed them asking for further info and ordered a prospectus hoping that i'll get a better insight (I'm planning to apply this year :smile: )
I think this dual course is such a good idea, did you apply to only the dual course at soton or two degree courses?
Reply 27
I am hopefully studying at the campus in Southampton. The dual field course wasn't available when I first applied in autumn last year, then when I went for the interview for adult nursing they gave us info about the dual field course as they had only just been given the go ahead to do it, so I had orignally applied for adult nursing. So u are applying to start sept 2012?
Reply 28
Original post by fox1993
I am hopefully studying at the campus in Southampton. The dual field course wasn't available when I first applied in autumn last year, then when I went for the interview for adult nursing they gave us info about the dual field course as they had only just been given the go ahead to do it, so I had orignally applied for adult nursing. So u are applying to start sept 2012?

Cool :smile: What options did you have to study at?
Hopefully yes, in 2012!
Did you get offers for both the adult degree and the adult/ child degree then?
Reply 29
Yh I got an offer first of all for the adult then with the dual field I had to Apply via email and they changed my course title so basically I did get an offer from both. And if I understand what you mean about 'options' you can only do the dual field at Southampton. Or if u mean if I got offers from other places then I got one from Plymouth university
Reply 30
Original post by fox1993
Yh I got an offer first of all for the adult then with the dual field I had to Apply via email and they changed my course title so basically I did get an offer from both. And if I understand what you mean about 'options' you can only do the dual field at Southampton. Or if u mean if I got offers from other places then I got one from Plymouth university

Ahh okay. I meant where do you study as in campus, I didn't know dual field was only at Southampton that's why, thanks. :smile:

Did you do the maths / english tests on your interview day, was it difficult or quite easy, would you say?
Reply 31
Original post by meowoofbaa
Ahh okay. I meant where do you study as in campus, I didn't know dual field was only at Southampton that's why, thanks. :smile:

Did you do the maths / english tests on your interview day, was it difficult or quite easy, would you say?

The maths and english tests on the interview day are easy. Must have been for me to pass. :tongue:
Reply 32
yh i thought it was quite easy, if you dont know long division best revise on tht, cuz they ask that a few times. Also they give you a document to read if i was you i would read it as they ask a question about it.
Reply 33
I'm off here :biggrin:
Hey guys I just firmed Southampton to do adult nursing :smile: just been doing student finance and it came up as a four year course but i always thought it was three... I know that the duel course is four but i didnt apply for that so i just want to know if the regular adult nursing degree is four years too? Thanks :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by alprescott1
Hey guys I just firmed Southampton to do adult nursing :smile: just been doing student finance and it came up as a four year course but i always thought it was three... I know that the duel course is four but i didnt apply for that so i just want to know if the regular adult nursing degree is four years too? Thanks :smile:

When I too was looking at the student finance thing it said duration 4 but I'm pretty certain all nursing degrees are 3 years apart from the dual field course. It's strange maybe it's best to ring up and ask?
Reply 36
Original post by glf2110
The maths and english tests on the interview day are easy. Must have been for me to pass. :tongue:

Original post by fox1993
yh i thought it was quite easy, if you dont know long division best revise on tht, cuz they ask that a few times. Also they give you a document to read if i was you i would read it as they ask a question about it.

Thanks guys :smile: I thought it wouldnt be too difficult! I've done the Adult literacy and adult numeracy tests before , it may be similar, thats what i was told anyway.
I still need reassurance about the exact entry requirments, specific subject wise as I looked in the prospectus today and it just says BBC grades and doesnt highlight the necessity of specific a level subjects - whereas other courses have this outlined next to the requirement grades so if anyone could help me here, please do thannnkkss :smile:
Hey!

Hope everyone is well. Just hoping someone might be able to help. I recieved a conditional offer from soton which I have firmed. The conditions were satisfactory health and police checks. Does anyone know if they will send the forms to us or if we have to do it ourselves?

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Thanks so much

:smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Bouncealong
Hey!

Hope everyone is well. Just hoping someone might be able to help. I recieved a conditional offer from soton which I have firmed. The conditions were satisfactory health and police checks. Does anyone know if they will send the forms to us or if we have to do it ourselves?

Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Thanks so much

:smile:

They sent me the forms for the health check and I did the CRB whilst I was there. :smile:
Just firmed! im doing Population and social science?!:smile: anyone else?

Quick Reply