The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
How have they changed the original story completely?

First they said he was armed and they killed him in self-defence. Now they're saying he wasnt armed but was resisting. Before they said he used his wife as a human shield and she was shot dead, now they're saying he didnt use her as a shield and she is alive. First they said they killed him in self-defence but now it is alleged that they held him for several minutes before shooting him.

How hard is it for 6 soldiers to get a story straight?
Reply 2221
Original post by Alex Jones
Tons of stuff.Some about war on terror a hoax/lie,more about how Bin Laden died of Marfan's syndrome and has been dead since 2002, and how 9/11 was a gov black op eg about stand down orders etc.PLus hes ready to give names on a tribinal about who was involved in 9/11 etc as he was THERE and got told everything.

Is this on video or is it on a website if so can you send me the link?:colondollar:
Original post by hamijack
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13287977

This was my reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMSzdgz2ZLs

Personally I think that releasing the photographs outweighs the risk of offence caused. They've already killed him, its not like the extremists can get any angrier adn from now on there will permanently be "OMG guise! Osama isn't rlly dead it's just teh evil USA trying to deceive us!" These theories will be a right pain in the backside for the majority of people who realise that the US wouldn't create this much fuss if they hadn't really killed him.

What are other people's opinions regarding the release of the photos in terms of conspiracies and offence caused?

***Poll added***

:biggrin: Aahahahaa Aaah i'm getting so much jokes today!!! Lol funny times.

Regarding this thread, I'm stilll not sure whether he is dead or not. But if he is then the photos should be released. I mean they've already celebrated the guys death, how much more disrespectful would it be to actually release the photos? :confused:
Original post by Antonia87
First they said he was armed and they killed him in self-defence. Now they're saying he wasnt armed but was resisting. Before they said he used his wife as a human shield and she was shot dead, now they're saying he didnt use her as a shield and she is alive. First they said they killed him in self-defence but now it is alleged that they held him for several minutes before shooting him.

How hard is it for 6 soldiers to get a story straight?

Oh ok....the story clearly has changed because I haven't read the latest update.

I was still at the part when they said that he was unarmed and he used his wife as a human shield.

I always thought it was a kill mission since it was legal to do so and it would be too much hassle to bring him in.
Original post by POWW!
Is this on video or is it on a website if so can you send me the link?:colondollar:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlexJonesChannel?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/7/xj0pM5FoYbs

+ Infowars.com.and if you want-prisonplant.com
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2225
Does anyone have any good articles on Bin Laden's finances? I've seen a few decent articles about money trails recently and would like some more in-depth articles.

Also, who was this 'courier' that the CIA were tracking?
Well, they relied on the wrong intelligence and disregarded other intelligence. They guy who gave them the wrong intelligence has said openly that he lied on purpose. So I am not sure what your point is.

What do Operation Northwood or Gulf of Tompkin have to do with veracity of these claims?

No they lied simple.Even that is common knowledge.The usa must have knew they were lieing but went in for other reasons.

I mentioned Operation northwood and gulf of tompkin are both cases where the goverment have lied openly and wouldve/have cost massive losses.Thats why i mentioned it.
Why aren't they releasing the photos??? It'll shut people up. Do they even have them?
Reply 2228
Original post by ihaveyourcat
Considering how much time/effort they say they put into meticulous planning to catch him, you'd think they would have planned what they would do after the operation a little better with regards to media etc. The conflicting and contradictory stories don't send out a very positive message

America is known for breaching international law. They either still have him, or captured him before executing him.
Reply 2229

i think they definitely should. this article makes a fairly convincing argument as to why they need to be in order for closure over the issue to finally be achieved.

conspiracy theories: bin laden's death
Original post by /raees.rahim
Good decision, I wouldn't want pictures of my disfigured corpse floating around on the internet to satisfice your curiosity. Show some respect to the man!

Yeah. The man who respects you, your mother, your father, your brothers and your sisters so much....... He would happily have the **** blown out of you without a second thought.

Let us pay the man respect. If we can call him a man. Let us pay respect to the man who would gladly desecrate your mutilated and disfigured corpse. :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh ok....the story clearly has changed because I haven't read the latest update.

I was still at the part when they said that he was unarmed and he used his wife as a human shield.

I always thought it was a kill mission since it was legal to do so and it would be too much hassle to bring him in.

Yeah its changed quite significantly hasnt it. And I'd like to know just how much an unarmed person can resist against 6 soldiers with guns.

I dont buy this whole "the photos are too gruesome to display" thing either. I mean they filmed Saddam Hussein's execution. Apparently that wasnt too gruesome to show.
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Yeah. The man who respects you, your mother, your father, your brothers and your sisters so much....... He would happily have the **** blown out of you without a second thought.

Let us pay the man respect. If we can call him a man. Let us pay respect to the man who would gladly desecrate your mutilated and disfigured corpse. :colonhash:

Yeah bro i'm benevolent like that :biggrin:
Original post by ShayCamp
:biggrin: Aahahahaa Aaah i'm getting so much jokes today!!! Lol funny times.

Regarding this thread, I'm stilll not sure whether he is dead or not. But if he is then the photos should be released. I mean they've already celebrated the guys death, how much more disrespectful would it be to actually release the photos? :confused:

Oh yeah, I mean god forbid we disrespect the person who was nothing but gleeful when he watched people fall to their deaths from the towers. God forbid we disrespect the person whose people beheaded hostages and put the videos online.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Peachykeen09
Wow..you're dumb.

Oh and...I love you.

Original post by tite23
No offense, but you're really just making yourself look like an idiot... And discrediting everyone who doesn't believe in conspiracy theories, but happens to have a brain and is waiting for logical proof that the world's most wanted man is dead.

No I'm proving a point, To the conspiracy fags, Didn't realise they're so many on this site, LOLZ believing what a guy in a tin hat tell you is total failure.

Reply 2236

It's funny how the user "Tommyjw" hasn't yet attacked you and some other "crazy" CTs. I hate the way he patronises and abuses other users behind his screen, just because they don't agree with him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by WelshBluebird
What are the benefits of released the photos other than not doing much to satisfy a few nutjobs? Who would just claimed the photos were photoshopped anyway.

This here.

Releasing the photos is like admitting that the conspiracy theorists have a serious point which needs rebutting. I support this decision.
Original post by Antonia87
Yeah its changed quite significantly hasnt it. And I'd like to know just how much an unarmed person can resist against 6 soldiers with guns.

I dont buy this whole "the photos are too gruesome to display" thing either. I mean they filmed Saddam Hussein's execution. Apparently that wasnt too gruesome to show.

The film of Saddam's execution was taken by the Iraqis who executed him. He was tried and sentenced to death by an Iraqi court. The Americans (probably) had nothing to do with the execution.
Reply 2239
Bin Laden Story Continues to Change
White House Touts "Highly Volatile Firefight" With an Unarmed, Sickly Man

by Jason Ditz, May 04, 2011

The culmination of years of surveillance, with Navy SEALs bursting into a residence and engaging in an epic firefight with the world’s most wanted terrorist (hiding behind his wife and armed with an AK-47) in his palatial estate certainly makes for good copy, and movie studios were already lining up to turn it into feature films. The only problem was it never happened.

Not how it was told to the American public on Sunday night and Monday morning, at least. With the public still basking in the glorious victory and officials presenting it as a vindication of eternal warfare, and promising more of the same, factoids began to creep out which blew the whole story apart.

We now know that bin Laden was entirely unarmed, his wife was shot in an entirely different room. There was no “human shield,” no Ak-47. Bin Laden’s palatial estate, presented as damning evidence of Pakistani culpability, turned out to be a moldy, unairconditioned house.

White House spokesman Jay Carney, incredibly, is still talking about a “highly volatile firefight,” but it now appears that the only armed people in the house were the Navy SEALs, and they were engaged in a “volatile firefight” with an unarmed, sickly man who they repeatedly shot. CIA director Leon Panetta speculated that bin Laden didn’t have any armed guards because he assumed his information network would alert him to possible threats.

Even this official story seems to be in doubt now, however, with bin Laden’s 12 year old daughter in the room at the time of his death. The report now is that bin Laden was successfully captured alive first and then summarily executed by the troops.

President Obama has vowed not to release the photos of bin Laden’s death. This is being spun as an effort to avoid a backlash, but might be an effort to manage the rate at which new evidence challenging old lies continues to come out.

http://news.antiwar.com/2011/05/04/bin-laden-story-continues-to-change/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending