The Student Room Group

Which Language Makes the Best Music- POLL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm a big fan of progressive rock such as King Crimson and Pink Floyd, bit of Yes too.

So I guess English but in 2nd place has to be Italian purely for Premiata Forneria Marconi and Banco del Mutuo. Brilliant bands that are better than a great deal of English prog-rock bands.
Reply 41
Korean? Kpop? anyone here a fan of SHINee? DBSK? Tae Yang? Park Bom? =)
I mainly listen to English music, but I have been getting into quite a bit of Yelle lately, who are French, and amazing :woo:

I prefer English but French sounds good too.

Country-wise, Sweden make the best music.
German. Silbermond's "symphonie and "irgendwas bleibt" are beautiful, as is "regen und meer" by juli. Kudos to the girl who likes the Wise Guys, "Jetzt ist Sommer" is a classic. Revolverheld are brilliant to anyone who hasn't heard of them, I recommend "Spinner", "Halt dich an mir fast" and "Keine Liebeslieder" (that's my alarm, haha :biggrin:).

In Spanish, I love "Cuidate" by La Oreja De Van Gogh and "Te Regalo" by Carlos Baute :drool:
English!! But only because I understand it! :tongue:
German would come next because it's the perfect language for rock! (see Rammstein/Tokio Hotel!) Plus I understand that a little (thanks to Tokio Hotel/Rammstein) :ahee:
Original post by such_a_lady
German. Silbermond's "symphonie and "irgendwas bleibt" are beautiful, as is "regen und meer" by juli. Kudos to the girl who likes the Wise Guys, "Jetzt ist Sommer" is a classic. Revolverheld are brilliant to anyone who hasn't heard of them, I recommend "Spinner", "Halt dich an mir fast" and "Keine Liebeslieder" (that's my alarm, haha :biggrin:).

I'll have to look up 'Jetzt ist Sommer' - my favourite Wise Guys songs are 'Baby Noch Einmal' and 'Denglisch'. I also like 'Lena' by Pur; I tend to download songs that we listen to in my A-level German class.
Original post by Lewroll
I've never heard german music before :s-smilie: I know german has a stereotype of sounding quite horrible but I think it sounds nice.
I just looked up Phillip Poisel

:h:

Namika too is a German artist who has genuinely calming music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ryohiCVq3M I have honestly found German has the best music as it's similar to English in that the varieties of music are so vast. Spanish is mostly known for dance music and hard to find much else
I like korean music, I don't know why. The words just sound so melodic, I love the artists too.
Original post by username549578
which country/language do you think creates the best music?

Post your favourite music from languages other than english.

Spanish language music is my favourite. French sounds nice as well.

korean!!! Why isnt korean included??
English or German, german has beutiful heino soo..
Original post by Georgina_
German, only because I listen to it to help with learning the language (I should probably listen to french too though, but I don't know any!)
Philipp Poisel and Clueso are my favourites :love:

I recommend heino for German I love Rosamunda!! Auf Wiedersehen!
Original post by BANGTANBOYZ
korean!!! Why isnt korean included??

I love K-Pop wbu??
Urdu and Hindi

Quick Reply

Latest