The Student Room Group

POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
:facepalm2:
Original post by Alex Jones
No they lied simple.Even that is common knowledge.The usa must have knew they were lieing but went in for other reasons.

I mentioned Operation northwood and gulf of tompkin are both cases where the goverment have lied openly and wouldve/have cost massive losses.Thats why i mentioned it.

Well, yeh.....they went in for other reasons. That isn't my point.

I am saying they thought they would find something. Just not as substantial as they made it out to be. It doesn't make sense that they would make up such an elaborate story and find absolutely nothing and then become ridiculed.

I know why you mentioned them. I said they don't make a difference.
Reply 2242
Original post by Rishz
How could a human celebrate another human's death??? It doesn't sound right, I don't think he should have been shot in front of his 13 yr old daughter. :|

I agree. It's as obscene as the rabid celebrations we are seeing all around the world. Gadaffi will no doubt find a similar judge/jury/execution party on his trail.

Looks like if America wants a regime change (ANY regime so long as they are smaller and weaker), America gets a regime change. When Hitler behaved like that we called it fascist invasion, so what should we call it now?
Original post by Antonia87
Yeah its changed quite significantly hasnt it. And I'd like to know just how much an unarmed person can resist against 6 soldiers with guns.

I dont buy this whole "the photos are too gruesome to display" thing either. I mean they filmed Saddam Hussein's execution. Apparently that wasnt too gruesome to show.

Well, I expect the photos would be pretty gruesome. If they shot him, I would expect that some of his skull would be blown off. That isn't surprising.

I agree with your first point. I don't buy the argument that they couldn't bring him down. Especially considering that these are the best soldiers that they have in the US Army.

Killing him makes life a lot easier and it is legal under American Law.
Original post by /raees.rahim
Yeah bro i'm benevolent like that :biggrin:

:laugh:
:colonhash:
CONSPIRACY :O

Nah who cares. Why would they bother? Release = "ZOMG PHOTOSHOP CONSPIRACY", or "BLATES TAKEN IN 2001". Non-show = "ZOMG HIDING SOMETHING!".

I don't doubt the US bigged up the terror risk, but to say this is all made up is nonsense. It makes no sense for the US to have killed Bin Laden in '01 and be pretending he's just died.
They are not helping the cause in proving Bin Laden's death, it just gives conspiracy theorists more to argue about.

If 9/11 can make a large amount of people believe it was an inside job with evidence against this, imagine what will happen now. It will make Bin Laden's death a myth in a couple of weeks.
Breaking news- the photos of the other guys killed in the compound have been leaked by a Pakistani intelligence officer.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/04/us-binladen-pakistan-photos-idUSTRE7437KK20110504
Original post by lightburns
For the above reason, the only conspiracy possibilities left are:

1. Osama has been dead ages.
2. Osama is not dead, but captured.

Most probably there's no lie, but I agree with californiadreamin that there's no way that Osama can be alive and free.

Possible (But unlikely) 3 is that Bin Laden was working for CIA and is now free in some other location.
Original post by anonstudent1
Possible (But unlikely) 3 is that Bin Laden was working for CIA and is now free in some other location.

:biggrin:

Or working for MI6, and we planted a random look-alike to fool USA. Sneaky us.
Original post by Inzamam99
Breaking news- the photos of the other guys killed in the compound have been leaked by a Pakistani intelligence officer.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/04/us-binladen-pakistan-photos-idUSTRE7437KK20110504

Thanks for this.
Original post by Inzamam99

This is exactly why they didn't tell them about the raid. :rofl:
Original post by Alex Jones
Tons of stuff.Some about war on terror a hoax/lie,more about how Bin Laden died of Marfan's syndrome and has been dead since 2002, and how 9/11 was a gov black op eg about stand down orders etc.PLus hes ready to give names on a tribinal about who was involved in 9/11 etc as he was THERE and got told everything.

Bin Laden probably didn't die of Marfans. I think you should look up the syndrome first.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm suspicious, considering America's history of not holding back in terms of footage of executions this seems a bit odd. It's not like the Muslim's who think he shouldn't have died can get anymore offended by conclusive proof that he is dead.
pics or didn't happen :colonhash:
Reply 2255
Original post by DH-Biker
Once again, Rant, I stress my Left-Wing stance. I'm neither Fascist nor Nationalist.

It is logical; would you kill Hitler if you had the chance? Would you kill Stalin if you had the chance? Any number of mass-murderers, and you're telling me you wouldn't kill them? What makes them so much better then the thousands if not millions they kill?

The survival of the species deems we stop any threat of anyone attempted to kill us. They don't want us as a society to survive, so should we not stop them? Or are we expendable as long as they are safe?

Also; do not forget the millions of advancements brought on through war. Many of them being medical advancements. More then the money from the Afghan war could compensate for.

No, they aren't murderers. If you want to allow someone to kill you, and not defend yourself, what use is your argument? You're telling me, if you and your family were being threatened and they were going to kill you, yet you had the chance to kill them, you wouldn't?

Its the exact same situation. If Ryan and his brothers in arms were about to be killed, yet he could stop it and did, is that murder?

Thankfully, they represent a higher stance of unwavering support for something better. Its OK for Dictators to reign supreme down upon their people, but we can't do anything to save those they kill?

Say Dictator X is going to kill off tens of thousands. Group Y has a chance to kill him, and prevent that. Is that still murder? Are you honestly going to tell me this example and the two others above are cases of murder?

Hardly at gunpoint. Thomas travels to villages high in the mountains and valleys and they are forming one-hundred and seventy-three peaceful deals with the locals there to bring in things such as medical supplies, roads, food, water, vehicles, better building supplies, more livestock, etc.

Though, that's not good enough is it? However many the pair have saved doing that, however many families they've aided. They are still murderers for protecting their friends lives when they were attacked?

You avoided this question in my last post, so I've highlighted them so you can make sure you read them.

Please answer the questions in bold.

They're murderers. You know you can stop someone without killing them, right? Or do you think, say, when someone's about to score a goal in football, the defender should pull out an AK47 and shoot the striker in the face?

Medical advances through war is one of the most hilarious "arguments" I've ever heard. Seriously, only on TSR.

I'm not actually reading your posts, because I know the content already. And I know how you have to keep telling yourself your brothers are heroes: one day you'll accept that they're thugs, murderers, small-minded and worthless human beings.
Original post by Dekota-XS
Thanks for this.

No problem :smile:
Original post by Rant
They're murderers. You know you can stop someone without killing them, right? Or do you think, say, when someone's about to score a goal in football, the defender should pull out an AK47 and shoot the striker in the face?

Medical advances through war is one of the most hilarious "arguments" I've ever heard. Seriously, only on TSR.

I'm not actually reading your posts, because I know the content already. And I know how you have to keep telling yourself your brothers are heroes: one day you'll accept that they're thugs, murderers, small-minded and worthless human beings.

You still haven't answered my questions. Though, they are unanswerable with your idea of "Not killing them". I'm afraid, Rant, if someone wants to kill you and has the means to and don't fear the consequences, they probably will. You can attack back, but as I asked in the questions, how are you going to stop someone who wants to kill you and your family?

The argument about football is ridiculous and irrelevant. It has no links to warfare. If a man is charging you with a rifle and a bayonet, you're telling me you'll just stop them? Right. :rolleyes:

Here; Medical Advances in War. Searching it on Google alone leads you to hundreds of pages.
Not so idiotic? Have fun browsing.

If you aren't reading them, then no wonder you're being completely in-contextual with what I'm saying.
I have to keep telling myself? No, no. I know they are already. The day they said they'd signed up I already knew they were. I've no need to reinforce that knowledge within myself.

Small-minded and worthless? Hardly. They've achieved more then most. They are very intelligent, scored very highly in exams, both possess Masters and are both Officers.

They are two very, very intellectual people, as is constant on my Mother's side; she possesses a Degree in Physics, my Grandfather was a Physicist for 45 years and my Grandmother organized Subsidy costs in Cumbria for every farmer in the county. My Brother and Sister followed this, and my Step-Dad's side, too, are fairly intelligent.

We're clearly not as high and mighty as you are supposedly, Rant, but we're definitely not small-minded and worthless. :h:
Original post by iSmack
Water burial is not part of the Islamic relgion. The 24hour excuse is bull****.

Personally, I believe he already died of natural causes, or is alive and well (and known about by US government, although that theories a bit far fetched).

Before you wanna argue, read this just to get an idea of things. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_funeral I'm not muslim but I have muslim friends, who verify that it is ideal to commence burial rites before the setting of the sun on that day. Whether you choose to believe it is your problem, but it doesn't change the status quo!

Also whether it is your opinion that he is alive, dead, sleeping or abducted by aliens, it is irrelevant. If he makes another authentic video, which is date and time stamped, then we will know, he is alive if not then he'll be dead, so let's not speculate.

Also, Islam gives preference to land burial, but islamic scholars agree a water burial is allowed and there is no explicit reference forbidding it in the Qu'ran.

Also, Al Qaeda has not issued a response rebuking the validity of the statement, which leads me and pretty much the rest of the world that they are peeved off and have reason to believe it
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hamijack
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13287977

This was my reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMSzdgz2ZLs

Personally I think that releasing the photographs outweighs the risk of offence caused. They've already killed him, its not like the extremists can get any angrier adn from now on there will permanently be "OMG guise! Osama isn't rlly dead it's just teh evil USA trying to deceive us!" These theories will be a right pain in the backside for the majority of people who realise that the US wouldn't create this much fuss if they hadn't really killed him.

What are other people's opinions regarding the release of the photos in terms of conspiracies and offence caused?

***Poll added***

Original post by MovingOn
I'm suspicious, considering America's history of not holding back in terms of footage of executions this seems a bit odd. It's not like the Muslim's who think he shouldn't have died can get anymore offended by conclusive proof that he is dead.

He was SHOT TWICE IN THE HEAD.
What is the point in releasing pictures when there was probably **** all left.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending