The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ambs
Yup, it's in London! If e hine e is as serious about this thing as I am we might be by your side! :tongue:

I just registered with the site for presale tickets that go up tomorrow :woo:

I figured if I can't sort out train/accommodation I can always sell them on.
Original post by e hine e
Just remembered we vote tomorrow :biggrin: my mum won't realise why I'm laughing when we go to the voting place.

:rofl:
It's never going to die, is it? :biggrin: :biggrin:
It never stops being funny!
Reply 4102
Ok...

Spoiler

Reply 4103
Original post by diamonddust
My face--> :eek3: :awesome:

*dies*
I'm seriously there! If you two go that would be awesome! :biggrin:
I need a debit card now cause damn, those tickets are going to sell!
We can actually see Darren Criss! In the flesh! :biggrin:

I actually wonder exactly how famous Darren is. It's a relatively small venue, so he probably isn't expecting that many people to take an interest. Being part of this fandom really makes you loose track of who's really famous and who only we think is famous :tongue:
Original post by Ambs
I'm not sure yet, I've been in contact with a few colleges and they all said they had rooms available. I'm not 100% sure about going so I haven't booked yet. Haha, I should probably try not to get too drunk then, otherwise I won't pass for an open day visitor :tongue:

hmm. You could always email the colleges to ask if they set some sort of curfew - I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I suppose the problem is that quite a few people visiting are likely to be under 18 so they might be a bit stricter than usual.
Almost forgot to respond to UCAS with all the glexcitement. I need to respond at some point today :woo: I think I'm going for Sheffield but I'm not 100%. Oops.

Original post by Ambs
I actually wonder exactly how famous Darren is. It's a relatively small venue, so he probably isn't expecting that many people to take an interest. Being part of this fandom really makes you loose track of who's really famous and who only we think is famous :tongue:

I'm pretty sure there will be a LOT of Glee fans wanting to see him. You have to be over 14 though, which rules out some teeny boppers. Why couldn't it be over 18? Or heck over 21 (my apologies diamonddust, you know we'd take pictures for you).
Reply 4107
I just registered with the site for presale tickets that go up tomorrow :woo:

I figured if I can't sort out train/accommodation I can always sell them on.

That's a really good idea actually, I'm pretty sure you'd sell them easily. Oh no, I didn't realise they'll be going up tomorrow already! Looks like I won't be going then; I don't have a visa and my paypal account is empty :frown: Damnit, I was too excited to look at the date!
Original post by Ambs

You have a very good point! :biggrin:
I think he's underestimating the fandom! :biggrin:
I need tickets! Like now! I have no proper Internet so I can't sign up for presale ticks. I will actually cry if I don't get them, I'm thinking about him singing 'Dont You'... :love:
Original post by splatblob

hmm. You could always email the colleges to ask if they set some sort of curfew - I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I suppose the problem is that quite a few people visiting are likely to be under 18 so they might be a bit stricter than usual.

I can just imagine her email

'I intend to go to a Darren Criss concert on the night of the open day...' :rofl:
I need tickets! Like now! I have no proper Internet so I can't sign up for presale ticks. I will actually cry if I don't get them, I'm thinking about him singing 'Dont You'... :love:

Original post by Ambs
That's a really good idea actually, I'm pretty sure you'd sell them easily. Oh no, I didn't realise they'll be going up tomorrow already! Looks like I won't be going then; I don't have a visa and my paypal account is empty :frown: Damnit, I was too excited to look at the date!

I spot a lucrative business opportunity for myself :biggrin: I have both a debit card, visa, paypal account, credit card and internet connection :cool:

Name your price :p:

I just realised I put 'both' before listing 5 things :facepalm:
Reply 4111
Has anyone seen todays episode (I'm watching with America).
I really want a Finchel again!
How cute was Sam and his two litlle blonde clones..
Reply 4112
Original post by Hravan
Ok...

Spoiler

Haha, I agree it would do her some good :tongue:

Thanks for the advice, I might do that! Not for the concert though - I didn't realise tickets go on sale tomorrow, so I won't be able to buy a ticket.

It's funny you mention everyone being under 18 - when I'm in Oxford I completely forget that there even is an age difference. The people there are so much more mature than the average Belgian 18-year old... Or perhaps I'm just a bit childish :redface:

Almost forgot to respond to UCAS with all the glexcitement. I need to respond at some point today :woo: I think I'm going for Sheffield but I'm not 100%. Oops.

Oops - you mean the fifth right? I should probably choose one in case I completely change my mind over the summer. What are you trying to choose between?

I'm pretty sure there will be a LOT of Glee fans wanting to see him. You have to be over 14 though, which rules out some teeny boppers. Why couldn't it be over 18? Or heck over 21 (my apologies diamonddust, you know we'd take pictures for you).

That's nice, but I agree over 18 or 21 would be even better. Not everyone is as mature as the awesome under-18's posting in this thread! And we'd bring you Darren, diamonddust.
Original post by Nash24

Original post by Nash24

Spoiler

Have we seen it? :rofl: what a question :yep: I thought it was awesome. We do spoiler things that have only shown in the US though, just so you know. Some awkward people only watch at UK time (naming no names).
Reply 4114
CHILD TOSSING!!!!

That had me giggling uncontrollable that I couldn't take the sad guitar moment seriously enough... :tongue:
Original post by Ambs
Haha, I agree it would do her some good :tongue:

Thanks for the advice, I might do that! Not for the concert though - I didn't realise tickets go on sale tomorrow, so I won't be able to buy a ticket.

It's funny you mention everyone being under 18 - when I'm in Oxford I completely forget that there even is an age difference. The people there are so much more mature than the average Belgian 18-year old... Or perhaps I'm just a bit childish :redface:

Oops - you mean the fifth right? I should probably choose one in case I completely change my mind over the summer. What are you trying to choose between?

That's nice, but I agree over 18 or 21 would be even better. Not everyone is as mature as the awesome under-18's posting in this thread! And we'd bring you Darren, diamonddust.

I'm choosing between York (eco and maths) and Sheffield (maths, 4 year masters plus study abroad).

My list is:

York: campus uni, only accommodation for one year, further away from home, only 3 year BA course

Sheffield: city uni, all 4 years accommodation, year abroad in canada/US, close to home

This is totally on topic. And yeah I do mean the 5th. When it turned midnight I started panicking thinking I hope they meant by or on the 5th not before but I checked and it's still letting me choose :biggrin:
Original post by Hravan

Original post by Hravan
Ok...

Spoiler

Celibacy ladies, dig it!
Reply 4117

Aww, he's so humble! We should point him towards Tumblr, he'd soon find out exactly how famous he is :tongue:

I can just imagine her email

'I intend to go to a Darren Criss concert on the night of the open day...' :rofl:

'Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you very much for your offer of free accommodation. However, I would like to inform you that I intend to go to a concert on my first night of staying with you, and chances are that I might be under influence of alcohol upon my return (which I expect to take place at about 5 am).

Yours sincerely,

A prospective student.'

I spot a lucrative business opportunity for myself :biggrin: I have both a debit card, visa, paypal account, credit card and internet connection :cool:

Name your price :p:

I just realised I put 'both' before listing 5 things :facepalm:

How far will a swift repayment and undying love and gratitude get me? :colondollar:

Original post by Ambs
Aww, he's so humble! We should point him towards Tumblr, he'd soon find out exactly how famous he is :tongue:

'Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you very much for your offer of free accommodation. However, I would like to inform you that I intend to go to a concert on my first night of staying with you, and chances are that I might be under influence of alcohol upon my return (which I expect to take place at about 5 am).

Yours sincerely,

A prospective student.'

How far will a swift repayment and undying love and gratitude get me? :colondollar:

Well that's one way to get a rejection before applying :rofl:

It won't get you as far as paying 5 times the ticket price plus throwing in a free sports car :cool:
Reply 4119
I'm choosing between York (eco and maths) and Sheffield (maths, 4 year masters plus study abroad).

My list is:

York: campus uni, only accommodation for one year, further away from home, only 3 year BA course

Sheffield: city uni, all 4 years accommodation, year abroad in canada/US, close to home

This is totally on topic. And yeah I do mean the 5th. When it turned midnight I started panicking thinking I hope they meant by or on the 5th not before but I checked and it's still letting me choose :biggrin:

Wow, that's not the easiest decision to make! Personally I would go for Sheffield because I would love to study in the US or Canada and I'm the kind of person who needs their mum every now and then (I realise this is in conflict with my international plans :tongue:), but then again York sounds pretty awesome too. I've never been to either (only been in the UK twice :tongue:) so I can't really judge though. Good luck!

I'm going to firm Aberdeen, I think. I'm not going, but I still like the idea that I could go in case I change my mind. Not going for RHUL because they want me to take the TOEFL.

Quick Reply

Latest