The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Glee Society... No Future Spoilers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4120
Original post by e hine e
Well that's one way to get a rejection before applying :rofl:

It won't get you as far as paying 5 times the ticket price plus throwing in a free sports car :cool:

What if I add in a charming personality and a complete lack of shame which might come in handy with the groupie thing?

Original post by Ambs
Wow, that's not the easiest decision to make! Personally I would go for Sheffield because I would love to study in the US or Canada and I'm the kind of person who needs their mum every now and then (I realise this is in conflict with my international plans :tongue:), but then again York sounds pretty awesome too. I've never been to either (only been in the UK twice :tongue:) so I can't really judge though. Good luck!

I'm going to firm Aberdeen, I think. I'm not going, but I still like the idea that I could go in case I change my mind. Not going for RHUL because they want me to take the TOEFL.

Original post by Ambs
Wow, that's not the easiest decision to make! Personally I would go for Sheffield because I would love to study in the US or Canada and I'm the kind of person who needs their mum every now and then (I realise this is in conflict with my international plans :tongue:), but then again York sounds pretty awesome too. I've never been to either (only been in the UK twice :tongue:) so I can't really judge though. Good luck!

I'm going to firm Aberdeen, I think. I'm not going, but I still like the idea that I could go in case I change my mind. Not going for RHUL because they want me to take the TOEFL.

You should go just so you're in the UK and we can all get together and hold really cool Glee parties :woo: yeah, I like being near home too every so often but I could manage skype contact if it meant I was in America or Canada (Australia's an option too but I think that's just too far as amazing as it might be).

To make on topic: I intend to wear blazers with red piping while at uni.
Original post by Ambs
What if I add in a charming personality and a complete lack of shame which might come in handy with the groupie thing?

:rofl: If we did go I can see how embarrassing it would be.
Why am I still up? Glee isn't on, I've watched all I can of the promo, I've squeed over DC's visit and I'm still up.
Reply 4124
You should go just so you're in the UK and we can all get together and hold really cool Glee parties :woo: yeah, I like being near home too every so often but I could manage skype contact if it meant I was in America or Canada (Australia's an option too but I think that's just too far as amazing as it might be).

To make on topic: I intend to wear blazers with red piping while at uni.

I think I'm closer to London now than I'd be if I was in Aberdeen :tongue: Whenever I think of studying abroad I just try to ignore the fact that I would have a really hard time being away from my family. I'll deal with that when I actually get an offer, which is probably never going to happen anyway :tongue:

That sounds like a plan! In such a disguise you could totally get away with jumping on furniture!
Reply 4125
:rofl: If we did go I can see how embarrassing it would be.

I'm sure we would have great fun trying!

I love all the groupie talk while in fact I'd probably be too shy to ask for an autograph if I ever met him :tongue:

Why am I still up? Glee isn't on, I've watched all I can of the promo, I've squeed over DC's visit and I'm still up.

Because it's 1.40 here and I'm still up too? :dontknow:

Original post by Ambs
I think I'm closer to London now than I'd be if I was in Aberdeen :tongue: Whenever I think of studying abroad I just try to ignore the fact that I would have a really hard time being away from my family. I'll deal with that when I actually get an offer, which is probably never going to happen anyway :tongue:

That sounds like a plan! In such a disguise you could totally get away with jumping on furniture!

You'd be closer to Sheffield in Aberdeen though. I NEED PEOPLE FROM THE NORTH.
I totally plan on jumping on furniture once I'm there :biggrin:
Reply 4127
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I think I might have to change my sig......
Reply 4128
You'd be closer to Sheffield in Aberdeen though. I NEED PEOPLE FROM THE NORTH.
I totally plan on jumping on furniture once I'm there :biggrin:

Wow, really? I actually thought it was in the South. Woops. Nah, Aberdeen isn't for me. I read horrible things about the accommodation, and the course doesn't appeal to me anymore. I honestly don't know why I applied, it's really doesn't sound like the right place for me.

Sheffield does have a GAP, right? That's a necessity!
Original post by Hravan

Original post by Hravan
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I've been posting that all over tumblr :biggrin: I find it hilarious.
Reply 4130
Original post by Hravan
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Damn that's sexy!

Spoiler

Original post by Ambs
Wow, really? I actually thought it was in the South. Woops. Nah, Aberdeen isn't for me. I read horrible things about the accommodation, and the course doesn't appeal to me anymore. I honestly don't know why I applied, it's really doesn't sound like the right place for me.

Sheffield does have a GAP, right? That's a necessity!

:rofl: I've never actually seen a GAP anywhere :biggrin:
Reply 4132

I'm procrastinating on going to sleep...

(Although, first I need to go get more cigs and chocolate... )
Reply 4133
:rofl: I've never actually seen a GAP anywhere :biggrin:

I haven't either, we don't have those in Belgium :tongue: I always buy GAP things from Asos.
I'm pretty sure there will be a LOT of Glee fans wanting to see him. You have to be over 14 though, which rules out some teeny boppers. Why couldn't it be over 18? Or heck over 21 (my apologies diamonddust, you know we'd take pictures for you).

Hmmph.

Original post by Ambs
That's a really good idea actually, I'm pretty sure you'd sell them easily. Oh no, I didn't realise they'll be going up tomorrow already! Looks like I won't be going then; I don't have a visa and my paypal account is empty :frown: Damnit, I was too excited to look at the date!

I'll ask my mum if I can get two tickets if you want? Provided I even manage to get one! I've never got a ticket for someone I wanted to see. I woke up at 5am
to get Michael Jackson tickets and then it froze just as I was ordering and by the time I got back in the system all the tickets were gone. And then he died. :sad:
Original post by diamonddust

Hmmph.

I'll ask my mum if I can get two tickets if you want? Provided I even manage to get one! I've never got a ticket for someone I wanted to see. I woke up at 5am
to get Michael Jackson tickets and then it froze just as I was ordering and by the time I got back in the system all the tickets were gone. And then he died. :sad:

The way you wrote that just at the end of your ticketing drama. There are no words.
I'm choosing between York (eco and maths) and Sheffield (maths, 4 year masters plus study abroad).

My list is:

York: campus uni, only accommodation for one year, further away from home, only 3 year BA course

Sheffield: city uni, all 4 years accommodation, year abroad in canada/US, close to home

This is totally on topic. And yeah I do mean the 5th. When it turned midnight I started panicking thinking I hope they meant by or on the 5th not before but I checked and it's still letting me choose :biggrin:

Still can't believe you ditched English for *Maths*. Can you feel the disgust I'm placing on the word Maths?? :tongue: *shakes head*
if it's any help - and it won't be :tongue: - my friend who went to York dropped out and my friend who is at Sheffield is laaaaaving it! But in all seriousness, Sheffield sounds better from what you've said- more pros!
So glad I chose mine ages ago! I would have totally forgotten about the deadline and lost my offers! Still upset with myself for not taking Lancaster as an insurance... :rolleyes:
The way you wrote that just at the end of your ticketing drama. There are no words.

:sad: Don't think I don't know you're laughing at my pain!

:tongue:
Reply 4138

I am giggling uncontrollably at this. I'm sorry, it's not funny. I think it's the way you wrote it... :colondollar:
Still can't believe you ditched English for *Maths*. Can you feel the disgust I'm placing on the word Maths?? :tongue: *shakes head*
if it's any help - and it won't be :tongue: - my friend who went to York dropped out and my friend who is at Sheffield is laaaaaving it! But in all seriousness, Sheffield sounds better from what you've said- more pros!
So glad I chose mine ages ago! I would have totally forgotten about the deadline and lost my offers! Still upset with myself for not taking Lancaster as an insurance... :rolleyes:

I just firmed Sheffield so it's a good job you just put positive things about that :biggrin: I wish I'd gone to Lancaster in the first place, some of my friends were there and I liked it, my mum thought it was depressing though so that put me off it.

Original post by Hravan
I am giggling uncontrollably at this. I'm sorry, it's not funny. I think it's the way you wrote it... :colondollar:

Glad it wasn't just me, I had to literally hold my laughter in because people are asleep.

Quick Reply

Latest