The Student Room Group

Favourite Beers

Favourite Beers Thread

When i first created this thread I was just interested to see what peoples favourite beers where, as the threads got quite populated over the first 24 hours I thought id fix up this bit.

If you would not mind making a list of your top 3 favourite beers!

Here are mine:

1) Keo

- The beer "Keo" is brewed in Limassol Cyprus, the beer won the 1987 brewing industry world bottled lager competition.
- Alc %4.5

2) Stella artois

- Originates from Leuven, Belgium, predominantly brewed in the United Kingdom.
- Alc %5

3) Holsten pils

- Alc %5
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Carlsberg export
Grolsch
Budvar
Desperados give me a stiffy
Reply 3
Desperado,
Corona,
Kronenbourgh.
Reply 4
Not really a beer but i'd have to say tennents! Desperado ain't to shabby either :tongue: .
Reply 5
Brew dog - trashy blonde
Coors light
Stella (Bud a close fourth though)
Well my fav is Guinness, and I only taste new beers from time to time so...the second position could be for Heineken and the 3rd one...volldamm/estrella galicia so as to include a spanish one hihi :smile:
Reply 7
Guinness is evil ! It tastes like cold tea.
Corona, Bud and Coors Light.
Reply 9
Tsing-Tao (Chinese beer)
Corona

More of a whiskey man though.
Reply 10
I couldn't rank them but I'll list a few:

Fursty Ferret
Abbot Ale
Tanglefoot
Hawkeshead Bitter
Reply 11
anyone that says carlsberg needs shooting

seriously though

peroni - more expensive but a much crisper taste, find i dont get the horrible dirty crap at the bottom like with fosters and such
grolsch - fairly high quality but not as expensive as peroni
fosters - not that great but alot of pubs wont offer the above two off tap, so i go with fosters over other **** like carling and carlsberg
Reply 12
Original post by sh1519
anyone that says carlsberg needs shooting

seriously though

peroni - more expensive but a much crisper taste, find i dont get the horrible dirty crap at the bottom like with fosters and such
grolsch - fairly high quality but not as expensive as peroni
fosters - not that great but alot of pubs wont offer the above two off tap, so i go with fosters over other **** like carling and carlsberg

Oh the irony of implying one lager is absolutely awful but then citing another virtually identical lager as being one of your favourites :mmm:

Definitely not enough real ale on this thread.
Reply 13
Original post by Manitude
Oh the irony of implying one lager is absolutely awful but then citing another virtually identical lager as being one of your favourites :mmm:

Definitely not enough real ale on this thread.

i was expecting someone to comment on that lol

but still notice how i said im not really keen on fosters its just the best of the worst when peroni and grolsch aren't available
Reply 14
Original post by sh1519
i was expecting someone to comment on that lol

but still notice how i said im not really keen on fosters its just the best of the worst when peroni and grolsch aren't available

If your two favourite lagers aren't there then why not go for something more interesting? Try a real ale perhaps - you may be surprised how drinkable they can be.

A few months ago I hated all beers, but then I had a couple of pints of real ale because there wasn't anything else I liked and now I drink more ale than anything else in pubs.
Staropramen...:cheers:
Reply 16
Original post by Manitude
If your two favourite lagers aren't there then why not go for something more interesting? Try a real ale perhaps - you may be surprised how drinkable they can be.

A few months ago I hated all beers, but then I had a couple of pints of real ale because there wasn't anything else I liked and now I drink more ale than anything else in pubs.

ive tried a few, alot of people i know love bathams but it just wasnt my thing

im not a huge beer drinking either tbh, ill have a few beers when i go to a pub but i dont have them if i go clubbing, i find all the dancing and stuff doesnt combine too well with 7 pints of beer or so lol
Reply 17
Original post by sh1519
ive tried a few, alot of people i know love bathams but it just wasnt my thing

im not a huge beer drinking either tbh, ill have a few beers when i go to a pub but i dont have them if i go clubbing, i find all the dancing and stuff doesnt combine too well with 7 pints of beer or so lol

Maybe try a couple more - you never know, you might find one you like!
For me I think it was just a matter of getting over the very bitter taste, once I got past that I could start to enjoy it.

But yeah - in clubs beer is not good. I don't go to clubs for many reasons, and the drinks available is one of them.
can't really rank them but

corona
red stripe
erdinger
Er, Malibu and coke?

Oh. :getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest