The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Anyone Else Starting the Japanese Studies Course in September 2011?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
XD I don't look at this thread for a few days and BAM!!! lots of new posts :biggrin:.

I wanna start uni now :'(. Hehe, I've been practicing my Japanese ever since I heard I'd got a place :biggrin:. atashi wa nihongo wo benkyou suru no ga omoshiroi da! nihongo ga jouzu ni naritai da!?Em...I think that is right XD.I need to practice more.

I can't wait to meet you all in September! I hope with all get along. To those with work still to finish then ganbatte ne! I wish you all luck :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
If I could give a piece of advice to anyone who's having trouble learning Hiragana, FIND A PROGRAM CALLED: "ReadWrite Hiragana". You can download it from a few "select" websites ;D
Original post by avila
Hmm... this man speaks the truth.

http://sheffield.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/list_postings.pl?search_terms=flat&search_location=Sheffield&ubercat=1

Some nice ones listed there. Too early to look into now though. What's available now most likely won't be what's available in September. I wonder what a good date to start looking (seriously/with intent to respond to an ad) is. :s-smilie:

Start ringing up now (but do NOT put down a deposit just in case you switch uni's) and ask them if you can reserve a place, you'll probably have a better chance if you get a few people together to make the offer more attractive to the landlord.

Also, private renting will help you save the £6,000 - £9,000 you need for the third year for Japan.
Reply 103
Be kinda cool to have a bunch of the Japanese studies students together. Plus, I like the idea of cheaper rent :biggrin:
Original post by 07734
Be kinda cool to have a bunch of the Japanese studies students together. Plus, I like the idea of cheaper rent :biggrin:

Don't just ponder on it, do it :'D

So, how many rooms do we need xD
Reply 105
@_@

If we're seriously doing this, count me in.
Reply 106
If there's any space, then I wouldn't mind a cheaper rent :wink:
Uni accomodation pretty much wipes out my loan.

If you've already applied for accomodation through the uni, are you obligated to take it or can you switch before a contract is signed?
(edited 12 years ago)
I really wish I could but I have to take my menagerie of pets with me so I'll be renting a one bedroom apartment most likely. -_-

Isn't it a bit risky renting a house in the first year when no-one knows 100% for sure whether they'll like the university/course etc.?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 108
Original post by RanmaSyaoran
Don't just ponder on it, do it :'D

So, how many rooms do we need xD

Yeah, count me in :biggrin:.
Reply 109
Original post by Susant
If there's any space, then I wouldn't mind a cheaper rent :wink:
Uni accomodation pretty much wipes out my loan.

If you've already applied for accomodation through the uni, are you obligated to take it or can you switch before a contract is signed?

You can change your mind until you sign the contract :P. Some people have this as their second choice after all XD.
Avila, 07734, Susant & Guineprig:

Including myself we could no doubt contact a few landlords about reservations as there would be enough of us for a full house. We might even be able to get a discount! Obviously we'd make a decision after exam results, etc... But if we want to save money on bills, food, etc, for the trip to Japan renting a private house would be the best idea :biggrin:

It might be a good idea for us all to have a talk / introduction about each other so should we have a group talk on skype or msn?
Reply 111

Including myself we could no doubt contact a few landlords about reservations as there would be enough of us for a full house. We might even be able to get a discount! Obviously we'd make a decision after exam results, etc... But if we want to save money on bills, food, etc, for the trip to Japan renting a private house would be the best idea :biggrin:

It might be a good idea for us all to have a talk / introduction about each other so should we have a group talk on skype or msn?

Okay, I'll send you my msn name in the private messages. I don't have facebook so I can't talk over that if any one suggests it.

I really wanna but like I said I don't want to inflict everyone with my 2 dogs and 2 guinea pigs as it wouldn't be fair, plus it'd be harder for all of you to find a house. My parents can't look after them so I have no choice in the matter (unless I rehome them which is out of the question), so I'll do you all a favour and not push you on this. :tongue: Would've been great though. :redface: Don't leave me out at class! :tongue:
Original post by GuineaPrig
I really wanna but like I said I don't want to inflict everyone with my 2 dogs and 2 guinea pigs as it wouldn't be fair, plus it'd be harder for all of you to find a house. My parents can't look after them so I have no choice in the matter (unless I rehome them which is out of the question), so I'll do you all a favour and not push you on this. :tongue: Would've been great though. :redface: Don't leave me out at class! :tongue:

Ah no problem :'D
Ah no problem :'D

I'll come and visit the Japanese Studies group abode :tongue:
Reply 115
No Facebook here either. So antisocial. D:
I do have Skype, but I guess we'll settle for MSN now?
Been years since I last used it. My ID should be [pm'd to you since I realized sharing my E-Mail address with the entire Internet isn't really smart...]

Don't expect instant responses from me; I'm currently revising like a robot. :\
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 116
I'll PM my MSN.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 117

Hey Guinea, I don't mind pets but make sure your dogs stay outta my room if you do come XD.

Also, we wouldn't leave you out! We need as many friends as possible if we're gonna survive the next four years.
Original post by 07734
Hey Guinea, I don't mind pets but make sure your dogs stay outta my room if you do come XD.

Also, we wouldn't leave you out! We need as many friends as possible if we're gonna survive the next four years.

It's okay, I won't impose my horde of animals on you all, but I'll come and visit! :smile:

Obviously for the year abroad I won't be able to take them with me but by then I'll have something sorted for someone to look after them, so maybe we could all house together in Japan for the year abroad or something; that would rock. Where are you all aiming to go on the year abroad? I really wanted to go to Hokkaidou but I don't think Sheffield have a link with a university there. :frown:
Reply 119
It's okay, I won't impose my horde of animals on you all, but I'll come and visit! :smile:

Obviously for the year abroad I won't be able to take them with me but by then I'll have something sorted for someone to look after them, so maybe we could all house together in Japan for the year abroad or something; that would rock. Where are you all aiming to go on the year abroad? I really wanted to go to Hokkaidou but I don't think Sheffield have a link with a university there. :frown:

I wanna go to Hokkaidou too. They have one uni link there I think but haven't sent anyone in a few years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending