The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by mattclark
I have put Leeds as my insurance
Can anyone tell me when I need to have applied for accomodation by?

sometime in June
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
ok thanks
Nottingham is tomorrow and i was just checking that wasnt behind lol
Original post by dmz
lots of English students it seems

That's what I was thinking :p: Where are all the Linguistics students!

I'm wavering over whether to join that Eng students Facebook group or not, do people think that Linguistics is close enough!? (Probably have asked this before but can't remember what the general consensus was)
Reply 1543
Original post by Bella Occhi

I'm wavering over whether to join that Eng students Facebook group or not, do people think that Linguistics is close enough!? (Probably have asked this before but can't remember what the general consensus was)

find medical engineering! I've found one person who's in his 4th yr, no one else. are you taking any lessons with English students? It seems close enough to me.
Reply 1544
Original post by mattclark
I have put Leeds as my insurance
Can anyone tell me when I need to have applied for accomodation by?

It's actually July 1st!
Reply 1545
Original post by FloRaRa
It's actually July 1st!

that's what i initially thought but i saw accommoffice saying something about end of June

Join the group! :smile: Are you studying anything with linguistics? Loads of people in it are doing joint honours and stuff
Original post by James9876
I'm not sure that any of them are corridors. Certainly all of the self-catering ones that I saw were organised into flats of five or so people.

The only difference is that if you're in a flat there are, let's say, five of you. Your bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen are all behind a 'front door' to your flat. If you live in a corridor residence, I think you would just walk out of a stairwell onto any given floor and all the rooms would be along a long corridor with a kitchen and bathrooms at either end.

Like I said though, as far as I know, all of Leeds' accommodation is set out in flats.

Also: I'm also doing English, so I'll see you both around. :biggrin:

Ohhh, yeah true, that does sound like a much better more sociable environment actually! Hopefully you're right.
Original post by jo.rodgers92
Yay other english student :smile:

I mean for example in devonshire the rooms are arranged in flats with a shared kitchen area, but in other places the rooms just come out onto corridors, like a boarding school. I would prefer flats, as I think corridors can be a bit impersonal...

Also I have recently been diagnosed with coeliac disease (bascially I can't eat gluten). Does anyone know if the catered residences provide food for people with conditions like this?

Sounds much better how you've said, does the uni not specify? I would def go for self catered, there is a thing on the form to explain your dietry requirements, but I think it's much safer just to trust yourself on the subject :smile:
Original post by hoopyfrood199
Join the group! :smile: Are you studying anything with linguistics? Loads of people in it are doing joint honours and stuff

Well, I'm doing French and Linguistics JH, I just wasn't sure if Linguistics counted enough :colondollar:
Well, I'm doing French and Linguistics JH, I just wasn't sure if Linguistics counted enough :colondollar:

I guess there may be a crossover of English Language modules and Linguistics modules, possibly? I'd say that's a good enough excuse :colondollar:
Firmed Leeds yesterday for Medicine!
Who else is applying/applied Charles Morris?
any comments about Charles Morris?
:smile:
Reply 1552
anyone else CLUELESS about what accomodation to choose. Been through all these forums but more i look less sure I am, all i want is self catered close to the uni and socialable. But the best ones are the most popular and i'm scared I wont get a place argh why is this stressing me out so much
Reply 1553
Original post by cataha
anyone else CLUELESS about what accomodation to choose. Been through all these forums but more i look less sure I am, all i want is self catered close to the uni and socialable. But the best ones are the most popular and i'm scared I wont get a place argh why is this stressing me out so much

Yup I feel the same. I have three I can't choose from D: I don't know whether to go for one far away I'm very likely to get a place at, or one of the closer high demand ones I really like.
Reply 1554
Original post by tea kid
Yup I feel the same. I have three I can't choose from D: I don't know whether to go for one far away I'm very likely to get a place at, or one of the closer high demand ones I really like.

Yeah I might phone the accomodation office dont really have a question just 'Help me' Whats the three you are choosing between? I really dont want to be far away Ive had to get a bus for 7 years for school dont want to be doing that everyday for uni. Have you looked round any I didnt go to the accomodation days
Reply 1555
Original post by cataha
Yeah I might phone the accomodation office dont really have a question just 'Help me' Whats the three you are choosing between? I really dont want to be far away Ive had to get a bus for 7 years for school dont want to be doing that everyday for uni. Have you looked round any I didnt go to the accomodation days

what do you have so far? I'll see if i can help, check the interactive map on the accommodation site, walkable ones(20mins or less) i remember are Jbp, north hill, dev, Henry price, Charles morris, leodis, tannery and probably sentinel
Original post by dmz
what do you have so far? I'll see if i can help, check the interactive map on the accommodation site, walkable ones(20mins or less) i remember are Jbp, north hill, dev, Henry price, Charles morris, leodis, tannery and probably sentinel

Lupton looks walkable as well imo :dontknow:
Reply 1557
Lupton looks walkable as well imo :dontknow:

no idea where lupton is, didn't look into ones with shared bathrooms (i realise how much of a bitch that makes me look) this hot girl from my college told me she's there and judging by her facebook pictures you'll have a heck of a time
Reply 1558
Hey I have been reading through this post and I still dont know what to do!!!
I have applied for James Baile but I can always change it!
I havnt seen any of them expect for the on campus ones!
I am torn between james bailie and Ledios- They both have parking and seem sociable
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!
please someone help haa
Reply 1559
Original post by nutty257
Hey I have been reading through this post and I still dont know what to do!!!
I have applied for James Baile but I can always change it!
I havnt seen any of them expect for the on campus ones!
I am torn between james bailie and Ledios- They both have parking and seem sociable
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!
please someone help haa

leodis isn't all that sociable from what I've heard, not to say it's not sociable at all but not as much as JB

Latest