The Student Room Group

Top Universities in the UK for Pharmacology and Pharmacy

For those who have faith in the ranking system...

Pharmacology and Pharmacy league table of top 20 UK university ranking

* 1 Cambridge
* 2 Nottingham
* 3 Bath
* 4 Manchester
* 5 Cardiff
* 6 Strathclyde
* 7 Queens, Belfast
* 8 Sch of Pharmacy
* 9 King's Coll London
* 10 Bristol
* 11 Univ Coll London
* 12 Portsmouth
* 13 Aston
* 14 Brighton
* 15 Robert Gordon
* 16 Bradford
* 17 Sunderland
* 18 Liverpool
* 19 Leeds
* 20 Liverpool John Moores

http://www.professional-cv-writingservices.co.uk/university-ranking/uk-university-ranking-pharmacology-pharmacy.html
Original post by BenHur
For those who have faith in the ranking system...

Pharmacology and Pharmacy league table of top 20 UK university ranking

* 1 Cambridge
* 2 Nottingham
* 3 Bath
* 4 Manchester
* 5 Cardiff
* 6 Strathclyde
* 7 Queens, Belfast
* 8 Sch of Pharmacy
* 9 King's Coll London
* 10 Bristol
* 11 Univ Coll London
* 12 Portsmouth
* 13 Aston
* 14 Brighton
* 15 Robert Gordon
* 16 Bradford
* 17 Sunderland
* 18 Liverpool
* 19 Leeds
* 20 Liverpool John Moores

http://www.professional-cv-writingservices.co.uk/university-ranking/uk-university-ranking-pharmacology-pharmacy.html

To be honest even though the following subjects may share a few topics i don't think pharmacy and pharmacology should put in the same league as they are very different from one another e.g medicine and dentistry students attend the same classes in the preliminary years but you wouldn't amalgamate the tables would you?

as this forum's subject matter has recently changed to solely pharmacy i have taken the liberty of filtering out the pharmacology courses to give a more accurate table. (taken from the guardian uni rankings, more of a mainstream publication that the one you used).

1.UEA
2.Keele
3.Nottingham
4.Hertfordshire
5.Cardiff
6.Strathclyde
7.Robert Gordon
8.Aston
9.Manchester
10.Queen's, Belfast
11.Kent
12.Bath
13.Reading
14.Greenwich
15.School of Pharmacy
16.Sunderland
17.Brighton
18.King's College London
19.Kingston
20.Bradford
21.Liverpool John Moores
22.De Montfort
23.Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by pharmasaurus
To be honest even though the following subjects may share a few topics i don't think pharmacy and pharmacology should put in the same league as they are very different from one another e.g medicine and dentistry students attend the same classes in the preliminary years but you wouldn't amalgamate the tables would you?

as this forum's subject matter has recently changed to solely pharmacy i have taken the liberty of filtering out the pharmacology courses to give a more accurate table. (taken from the guardian uni rankings, more of a mainstream publication that the one you used).

1.UEA
2.Keele
3.Nottingham
4.Hertfordshire
5.Cardiff
6.Strathclyde
7.Robert Gordon
8.Aston
9.Manchester
10.Queen's, Belfast
11.Kent
12.Bath
13.Reading
14.Greenwich
15.School of Pharmacy
16.Sunderland
17.Brighton
18.King's College London
19.Kingston
20.Bradford
21.Liverpool John Moores
22.De Montfort
23.Portsmouth

Wait so Greenwich is better ther King's?
Original post by mrdoovde1
Wait so Greenwich is better ther King's?

lol i never said it was my top 20 pharmacy table. I have heard however that the teaching is pretty bad down there. My friends studying at kings college say the lecturers are more concerned with their research rather than lecturing the students.
Reply 4
lol i never said it was my top 20 pharmacy table. I have heard however that the teaching is pretty bad down there. My friends studying at kings college say the lecturers are more concerned with their research rather than lecturing the students.

I'm not surprised...that is quite typical of King's tbh
Reply 5

1.UEA
2.Keele
3.Nottingham
4.Hertfordshire
5.Cardiff
6.Strathclyde
7.Robert Gordon
8.Aston
9.Manchester
10.Queen's, Belfast
11.Kent
12.Bath
13.Reading
14.Greenwich
15.School of Pharmacy
16.Sunderland
17.Brighton
18.King's College London
19.Kingston
20.Bradford
21.Liverpool John Moores
22.De Montfort
23.Portsmouth

haha, I am delighted to see one of the universities that rejected me ( oh God, 'unsuccessful' looks so atrocious in UCAS) is at the bottom of the filtered list,while the ones that graciously offered me a place are at the top. Well, good riddance and I have nothing against your top 20 list:-)
Reply 6
Original post by BenHur

Original post by BenHur
haha, I am delighted to see one of the universities that rejected me ( oh God, 'unsuccessful' looks so atrocious in UCAS) is at the bottom of the filtered list,while the ones that graciously offered me a place are at the top. Well, good riddance and I have nothing against your top 20 list:-)

Benhur...may I know which one rejected / accepted you?
Reply 7
Original post by CoolDude
Benhur...may I know which one rejected / accepted you?

Sorry for the late reply..Bradford rejected me...I wasnt a bit sad...without sounding arrogant,my grades are pretty high.,but I would not want to find out their reason of rejection .I would be glad,if UCAS would remove that **** 'unsuccessful" from the file.. Regarding offers, i am glad that one of the unis i least expected has offered me a place.. but i am still waiting decisions from some and I will share my firm choice when all decisions are in;-)

Good luck
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by BenHur

Original post by BenHur
Sorry for the late reply..Bradford rejected me.... Regarding offers, i am still waiting decisions from some ..so i will share when all decisions are in;-)
Good luck

Ahh, man...that sucks, sorry to hear that. Oh ok, thank you for letting me know.

PS....I will PM you know. I have one more question to ask.

EDIT: PS....I will PM you now. LOL!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 9

The pharmacology lecturers are the best ones at KCL imo.

1.UEA
2.Keele
3.Nottingham
4.Hertfordshire
5.Cardiff
6.Strathclyde
7.Robert Gordon
8.Aston
9.Manchester
10.Queen's, Belfast
11.Kent
12.Bath
13.Reading
14.Greenwich
15.School of Pharmacy
16.Sunderland
17.Brighton
18.King's College London
19.Kingston
20.Bradford
21.Liverpool John Moores
22.De Montfort
23.Portsmouth

You can't have Kent at 11 and Greenwich at 14, because Medway school of pharmacy is a collaboration between Kent and Greenwich. Maybe this listed would be better distilled than filtered.
Reply 11
Original post by Maturestudent1
You can't have Kent at 11 and Greenwich at 14, because Medway school of pharmacy is a collaboration between Kent and Greenwich. Maybe this listed would be better distilled than filtered.

The list is for both Pharmacology (Biomedical Science-Greewich & kent) and Pharmacy (kent & Green)
Original post by BenHur
The list is for both Pharmacology (Biomedical Science-Greewich & kent) and Pharmacy (kent & Green)

I understood pharmasaurus to mean that it was altered to reflect only the pharmacy course.

Maybe not only the guardian league table should be used, maybe someone can look into merging the guardian, times and the independent? However, how to solve the conundrum of Kent and Greenwich when both come together as one pharmacy school (Medway) yet they are ranked differently in league tables due to the league tables factoring in pharmacology?

1.UEA
2.Keele
3.Nottingham
4.Hertfordshire
5.Cardiff
6.Strathclyde
7.Robert Gordon
8.Aston
9.Manchester
10.Queen's, Belfast
11.Kent
12.Bath
13.Reading
14.Greenwich
15.School of Pharmacy
16.Sunderland
17.Brighton
18.King's College London
19.Kingston
20.Bradford
21.Liverpool John Moores
22.De Montfort
23.Portsmouth

Hey, is sunderland any good for pharmacy? It's were I chose to go, eventhough I'm predicted AAA
Reply 14
Original post by darkprince216
Hey, is sunderland any good for pharmacy? It's were I chose to go, eventhough I'm predicted AAA

Dont you worry, the school of pharmacy at Sunderland is 90 years rich.That should say a lot about the department. Most Pharmacy schools in the provided list are either new or few years in operation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending