The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jsadapa1

Myself and FlobberDobber are (hopefully) future Catz lawyers. Glad to know that somebody else is going to the best college. :wink:

The fact that Kate & Wills are Duke and Duchess of Cambridge proves that Cambridge is better than the other place. :yep:
Original post by magicalyoghurt
:party:
:rave::rave::rave:

Motivation! :smile:

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Smelly Ellie
Ah that's OK. I'm clever about things related to vetmed, but not maths and physics unfortunately, damn physics, I have to resit two modules of that haha :mad: Yuck yes, coursework was a massive pain!! Good luck anyways although I'm sure you'll be fine you lucky thing, what subject and college are you in for?

Awww the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge :love:

Ahh I'm not jealous of you one bit, I dropped Physics at AS because my teacher just made me want to sleep D: Although that was probably partly because the lesson was 3 - 4:30 on a Friday. ^^

I'll (hopefully) be at Caius reading CompSci, which is pretty close to St John's :biggrin:
Anyone else expecting a visit from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge once we start? :biggrin:

Anyone else expecting a visit from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge once we start? :biggrin:

If so, then i'm even more excited :biggrin: :biggrin:

The question is, who really cares?
Reply 1586
:h:

Original post by Bubbles2010
If so, then i'm even more excited :biggrin: :biggrin:

Does this mean we'll have to stand on the streets and wave flags when they visit? Because I don't know if I could handle that.... -_-
Unless Prince Harry was there... in which case I wouldn't mind at all :wink:
Original post by kpatb
:h:

Does this mean we'll have to stand on the streets and wave flags when they visit? Because I don't know if I could handle that.... -_-
Unless Prince Harry was there... in which case I wouldn't mind at all :wink:

Oh they would have to bring Harry - best royal ever :smile:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a317262/prince-harry-partied-like-a-rock-star-at-reception.html
:blush::cheers:

No way- the Half Blood Prince is the best royal ever. :biggrin:
Reply 1589
Original post by katey_doodles
No way- the Half Blood Prince is the best royal ever. :biggrin:

Semi royal technically... =L
Original post by kpatb
Why am I on TSR instead of revising? D:

Why are you asking others who are doing the same thing? D:

It really is almost impossible to get motivated right now, and I have no idea why with a cambridge offer to meet!
Original post by jsadapa1
haha i do exactly that, except after tht ten minutes, i end up spending hours on the net looking up anything and everything about cambridge!! :redface: .... blame the excitement lol:biggrin:

haha i get my prospectus out :biggrin:
Reply 1592
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU MISS YOUR OFFER BY 1 or 2 POINTS IN IB??

I'm sooo dead. Doing exams at the moment..
Reply 1593
Original post by may2010

If your offer is on the higher end of IB offers (ie 42) if you miss by a point, they'll probably be okay. But they'll only make that decision when A level results are out in any case.
It depends how oversubscribed your course and college is I guess - the more oversubscribed it is, the less likely you are to accept you :/

From their website: "In a few cases, applicants who haven't quite met the conditions of their original offer may still be offered a place, either at their original College, or at another College following a small 'summer pool'."

More from their website:
"If you have not quite met the offer, please don’t panic! Depending on the number of students who have met their offers, there may be a few places available at the College you applied to or at another College. Please be patient for a little longer - your College will contact you as soon as possible. Please check the status of your application on UCAS Track (www.ucas.com/students/track/) rather than telephoning the College/University at this busy time."

But surely, it's better to cross that bridge when y ou get there? :smile: You haven't missed on your results and you don't know for sure so stop thinking about it!
Good luck!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by may2010

At Churchill we got a letter saying that if we missed our A Level offer by one grade they'll probably let us in anyway. I dunno if that's the same for IB or other colleges, but it's a start!
Reply 1595
may2010

Original post by timsquirrell
At Churchill we got a letter saying that if we missed our A Level offer by one grade they'll probably let us in anyway. I dunno if that's the same for IB or other colleges, but it's a start!

Pretty much the same for Christ's... we were told that if we miss our grades slightly, to let them know and they would try to squeeze us in anyway :smile:

I haven't had that letter from Pembroke - I think my offer letter had something that sounded like you if you don't meet the offer you probably won't get a place. (That's why I put so much thought into my insurance :frown:)
I am hoping that if I get an A* in Physics instead of Further Maths some college might take pity on me!

Hey, do you know whether it's the same for IELTS (an English language test for international students)? A friend of mine got an offer from Churchill for Natsci, he is not sure whether he can get the IELTS score Churchill asked for (he is currently struggling in both speaking and writing)
Original post by Hermione17
Hey, do you know whether it's the same for IELTS (an English language test for international students)? A friend of mine got an offer from Churchill for Natsci, he is not sure whether he can get the IELTS score Churchill asked for (he is currently struggling in both speaking and writing)

I honestly have no idea at all, I'm sorry! I'll check it out and get back to you if I find anything though :smile:
Original post by kpatb
Pretty much the same for Christ's... we were told that if we miss our grades slightly, to let them know and they would try to squeeze us in anyway :smile:

I've got an offer from Christ's aswell to 'read' law (standar offer A*AA) what about you....? And are you sure about the grade thing :confused:....Im really stuggling to get my self motivated to start revising......

Quick Reply