The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JChoudhry
Hey guys. Does anyone know where I can find out if I'm an international student or not? :smile:

:confused: Surely you should have an idea...do you live/have citizenship here?

For a definitive answer, contact the individual universities :wink:
Reply 2661
Original post by gildartz
90 days from now is in August surely? :confused: Or do you want to book it for the end of August? If so then yeah, it's fine to wait a while before booking.

thanx ye sorry i meant like middle of august so just a couple of days wait until 90 days, but i think il just book it now :smile:. i just signed up

do you know how much time we get to answer one question?
Original post by rsp
thanx ye sorry i meant like middle of august so just a couple of days wait until 90 days, but i think il just book it now :smile:. i just signed up

do you know how much time we get to answer one question?

it varies from section to section, some you barely get half a minute, some you get around a minute. Check the UKCAT site.
Original post by rsp
for the ukat if i register now do i have to do it within 90 days. i dont want to do it untill august so is it okay to wait until june to register?

Dude, I've already booked mine for 25th August - you can book it for any day (provided it's within the UKCAT restriction)

The sooner you book it, the greater the chance of you having the day/time/centre you want.
Reply 2664
Original post by thegodofgod
Dude, I've already booked mine for 25th August - you can book it for any day (provided it's within the UKCAT restriction)

The sooner you book it, the greater the chance of you having the day/time/centre you want.

Ok thankyou i'm going to book it tomorrow. need to wait for the email with my password :smile:
Original post by rsp
Ok thankyou i'm going to book it tomorrow. need to wait for the email ?

I had a problem with signing up (only because I was so keen to book the test that I tried to create an account at like 1am on the 3rd of May - so the thing didn't work)

I then called them up after getting home from school today and did it over the phone :redface:

So in the end, I didn't actually get an email at all, but you should, given that the system's all fine and dandy now :biggrin:.
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
:confused: Surely you should have an idea...do you live/have citizenship here?

For a definitive answer, contact the individual universities :wink:

Not a citizen of here or anywhere in the EU :p:

Oh, so does it vary between each university? (The requirements for being a home student, that is)
Reply 2667
I already book mine on morning of 3rd May, but am I supposed to have got a username and password over email as well?
Original post by cz100
I already book mine on morning of 3rd May, but am I supposed to have got a username and password over email as well?

Yeah, you get emailed a default password (which you have to change) - but you get to choose your user name though.
Ahh! Just 3 months left now before we actually apply
Original post by cute_wish
Ahh! Just 3 months left now before we actually apply

Over 5 months, no?

15th October 2011
Reply 2671
There will be no jobs by the time we finish medical school!!
Original post by Jabbo12
There will be no jobs by the time we finish medical school!!

Highly unlikely. There are lots of jobs, just not nice shiny training places.
I'm going Germany for work experience :dance: (and chilling out as well of course :ninja:)

That's pretty amazing man.
I'm off to India, to do some work experience there.
But mostly, I'm going to be chilling so hard, it'll be like I'm frozen. :cool:
I'm going America to do work experience (hopefully) :p:
I'm going America to do work experience (hopefully) :p:

That sounds amazingg ! I think I might be going holiday there this summer.. though no idea how I would organise work experience there though. How did you arrange yours if you don't mind me asking ? :smile:
Original post by sumsum123
That sounds amazingg ! I think I might be going holiday there this summer.. though no idea how I would organise work experience there though. How did you arrange yours if you don't mind me asking ? :smile:

Well, I used to live in NYC, so that kinda helped :p: But apart from that, I just typed in in my case, ''NYC Hospitals'' and just checked up on the volunteering section with e-mails. Most don't reply back, so you have to call. :rolleyes:
Well, I used to live in NYC, so that kinda helped :p: But apart from that, I just typed in in my case, ''NYC Hospitals'' and just checked up on the volunteering section with e-mails. Most don't reply back, so you have to call. :rolleyes:

Yeah, hospitals can be bloody annoying :sad:
Yeah, hospitals can be bloody annoying :sad:

They can? They bloody ARE annoying :angry: I'm struggling so much to get a placement over here. I've applied for one in the summer, but no guarantees.
They can? They bloody ARE annoying :angry: I'm struggling so much to get a placement over here. I've applied for one in the summer, but no guarantees.

The only reason I got a placement last year was because my mum knew someone who knew someone who worked there :indiff:

It's not about what you know, it's about who you know :sad:

Latest

Trending

Trending