The Student Room Group

Southampton University Whos going

Scroll to see replies

Firmed Southampton for English - need to sort out accommodation but don't have my student number yet :/
I have firmed Southampton to do OT, anyone else going there to do that this year too?
Reply 42
Original post by fox1993
Hey,
I have just accepted my offer from Southampton to do adult nursing degree and want to know if anyone else is going? So i can get to know people before i go??

I'm going! I'm doing Adult Nursing :smile: I can't believe I got in, the maths/literacy test was awful!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by fox1993
Yh I got an offer first of all for the adult then with the dual field I had to Apply via email and they changed my course title so basically I did get an offer from both. And if I understand what you mean about 'options' you can only do the dual field at Southampton. Or if u mean if I got offers from other places then I got one from Plymouth university

Hey admissions just replied to my email and said that the dual field course has not been validated so won't be run?
Reply 44
Hi
I was wondering if someone might be able to help me.....i have just received a letter form southampton confirming my conditional offer for child nursing. On the letter it said that my first choice for placements was southampton but i had actually put basingstoke as my first and winchester as my second. I have emailed them to notify them of this but am really confused as i don't want to have accomodation miles away from my placements. Do our placements stay in one area e.g if i get basingstoke will the placements just be based around that area. I'm really confused about accomodation with regards to placements etc> What's everyone else's thoughts and understanding about it all??
Thanks
Reply 45
Original post by NicolaR
Hi
I was wondering if someone might be able to help me.....i have just received a letter form southampton confirming my conditional offer for child nursing. On the letter it said that my first choice for placements was southampton but i had actually put basingstoke as my first and winchester as my second. I have emailed them to notify them of this but am really confused as i don't want to have accomodation miles away from my placements. Do our placements stay in one area e.g if i get basingstoke will the placements just be based around that area. I'm really confused about accomodation with regards to placements etc> What's everyone else's thoughts and understanding about it all??
Thanks

They said at the interview day that we were not guaranteed our choice of campuses. The placements will be within a reasonable travelling distance of the Campus which we are allocated. I've applied for halls at Southampton as I'll be based in Southampton on Child nursing too.. Wessex Lane being my first choice as it's the cheapest. :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by meowoofbaa
Hey admissions just replied to my email and said that the dual field course has not been validated so won't be run?

I've just got an email from admissions saying that they hadn't yet allocated all the Child/Adult dual award places and will have done so by the end of next week.:confused:
Reply 47
im really confused me now, cuz on my thing it says child and adult nursing, if it wasnt running then they wouldnt of allocated the places then???
Original post by glf2110
They sent me the forms for the health check and I did the CRB whilst I was there. :smile:

Thanks. Got the forms through the post today.

How did you get your injection history? I am having trouble remembering when i had all my jabs etc.

Thanks again. xx
Reply 49
Original post by Bouncealong
Thanks. Got the forms through the post today.

How did you get your injection history? I am having trouble remembering when i had all my jabs etc.

Thanks again. xx

My GP provided me with a print out list of all my vaccs, so I wrote the details in and then attached the printouts, certificates etc. :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by glf2110
They said at the interview day that we were not guaranteed our choice of campuses. The placements will be within a reasonable travelling distance of the Campus which we are allocated. I've applied for halls at Southampton as I'll be based in Southampton on Child nursing too.. Wessex Lane being my first choice as it's the cheapest. :smile:

Thanks for that.....i will just wait and see if they reply and see what they say. If not i will be quite happy to be based in Southampton just basingstoke would have allowed me to be closer to home. So if they said the campus I would be at is southampton and they wrote in brackets (first choice) does that mean they have decided that is where i will be based despite me putting basingstoke as my first??
Reply 51
Original post by NicolaR
Thanks for that.....i will just wait and see if they reply and see what they say. If not i will be quite happy to be based in Southampton just basingstoke would have allowed me to be closer to home. So if they said the campus I would be at is southampton and they wrote in brackets (first choice) does that mean they have decided that is where i will be based despite me putting basingstoke as my first??

I guess. Always worth checking though. :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by glf2110
I've just got an email from admissions saying that they hadn't yet allocated all the Child/Adult dual award places and will have done so by the end of next week.:confused:

Original post by fox1993
im really confused me now, cuz on my thing it says child and adult nursing, if it wasnt running then they wouldnt of allocated the places then???

This is the email they sent me yesterday. - Might be a good idea to email them and ask, it's a little strange and confusing. I only asked them in the email for extra information regarding the course then they said that V

Hello,

The projected BN4 course has not been validated, I'm afraid, so it won't now be running here at all.

If you would like a copy of our new prospectus with details of the courses that we offer, please let me have your
address.

Kind Regards

Anne O'Callaghan
Student Recruitment Assistant
Admissions
Faculty of Health Sciences
Building 67
University of Southampton
University Road
Highfield
Southampton
SO17 1BJ

02380 595500
Reply 53
well the thing is i sent them an email yesterday to say whether or not i got onto the place to see if they can confirm it for definate, and they sent one back saying that the letters will be sent out shortly. They didnt say anything bout it not running. :s-smilie:
Reply 54
Original post by fox1993
well the thing is i sent them an email yesterday to say whether or not i got onto the place to see if they can confirm it for definate, and they sent one back saying that the letters will be sent out shortly. They didnt say anything bout it not running. :s-smilie:

Have you not been given a conditional offer on UCAS?
Do tell me what happens though when you do find out :smile:
I hope it is running... and the woman is just confused.com
Reply 55
Original post by meowoofbaa
Have you not been given a conditional offer on UCAS?
Do tell me what happens though when you do find out :smile:
I hope it is running... and the woman is just confused.com

Southampton seem very confused. Their right hand doesn't seem to know what their left hand is doing! I've been told one thing by ucas admissions-health and then something totally different by School of nursing and midwifery enquiries.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed. :smile:
Reply 56
Oh Lord that doesn't sound good! I was wondering why I hadn't got my letter in the post even though I got a conditional offer on the 26th, what happens to us dual fielders if the course doesn't go ahead? :eek:
Reply 57
Original post by glf2110
Southampton seem very confused. Their right hand doesn't seem to know what their left hand is doing! I've been told one thing by ucas admissions-health and then something totally different by School of nursing and midwifery enquiries.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed. :smile:

Original post by 5803emma
Oh Lord that doesn't sound good! I was wondering why I hadn't got my letter in the post even though I got a conditional offer on the 26th, what happens to us dual fielders if the course doesn't go ahead? :eek:

Yeah, I really hope it is running for you guys ... otherwise if it wasn't fully validated why would they submit the UCAS in the first place.
Good luck! fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 58
I emailed Soton to see because I haven't had any response at all about whether I have got a place or not!! No reply from them. If I haven't heard something on Monday I think I will phone them to see what's going on.

On the upside - I have just logged into Student Finance and I've got my maintenance loan :smile:
Reply 59
I've found that you get quicker and correct information from [email protected] rather than [email protected] who seem to be a complete waste of space. (The first email address is apparently for specific enquiries, the 2nd is for general) Hope this helps everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest