The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zionic
Sorry if this has already been posted on here but I just need to rant this.

The reason why our ticket prices are going up is because the club signed up to complete stupid commercial deals. Were we get £5m a year for our shirt sponsor, Man utd get £20m+. That's the reason the prices of tickets are going up, to accommodate the losses made from that, not because of inflation. Inflation would take it up a small bit, not a few hundred pounds.

Peter Hill Wood couldn't really care less about the fans, all he cares about is lining his pockets with money.

What I want to know is, Kroenke has taken a controlling share hold in the club and he has loads and loads of money, and with his family connections (his wife is part of the Wall Mart family and is richer than him), why can't we just buy out our sponsor deal with the Fly Emirates shirt sponsor and have a new commercial sponsor from the US which would get us a lot of money.

And Usmanov has his shares, he is one of the richest people in the world. The third richest in Russia, richer than Ambramovic. Why doesn't he give the club some of his money?

This game isn't for working class anymore, especially at Arsenal, where you have upper class people getting season tickets, who read books, leave 10 minutes before full time and don't ever chant, they see it was entertainment and not something that is a huge huge part of your life that they'd sing till they're blue in the face for. It makes me sick.

We had to sign a long term deal with Fly Emirates as they were the only sponsor willing to pay us up front to help fund the stadium. This unfortunately meant that we had to be tied in to a 15 year stadium sponsorship and 8 year shirt sponsorship but that's the price we had to pay for wanting a new stadium.

I agree with the final paragraph. The prawn sandwich brigade are an awful section of our fanbase. Hopefully once the deal with Emirates is over we can start genrating more sponsorship revenue and therefore lower ticket prices.
Lower the prices? :laugh:
Reply 9742
Agent confirmed, Sagna is not leaving Arsenal this summer.
Reply 9743
Original post by jit987
Agent confirmed, Sagna is not leaving Arsenal this summer.

Hopefully Nasri won't be too.
Ibrahima Sonko is Sagna's cousin? :lolwut:
Original post by Kevmeister
Lower the prices? :laugh:

If Ivan Gazidis is still chief executive when the we start generating more income then I'm certain ticket prices will be lowered.
Reply 9746
Original post by marcusmerehay
Ibrahima Sonko is Sagna's cousin? :lolwut:

Just checked it up, yeh! lol
Reply 9747
Original post by badger-man

If Ivan Gazidis is still chief executive when the we start generating more income then I'm certain ticket prices will be lowered.

Then you are seriously deluded tbh.
Original post by Mess.
Then you are seriously deluded tbh.

and why is that? He believes ordinary fans are being priced out of the game. Pretty ridiculous thing to say if you're not going to do anything about it :rolleyes:
and why is that? He believes ordinary fans are being priced out of the game. Pretty ridiculous thing to say if you're not going to do anything about it :rolleyes:

As long as the Emirates sells out and there's a waiting list for STs then prices will not be lowered. And he said it may price some fans out of the game but there's plenty waiting to take their place, ergo he won't need to lower prices.
Original post by Kevmeister
As long as the Emirates sells out and there's a waiting list for STs then prices will not be lowered. And he said it may price some fans out of the game but there's plenty waiting to take their place, ergo he won't need to lower prices.

Gazidis has pledged that the club will eventually reduce their reliance on the match-day fan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8492969/Arsenal-chief-executive-Ivan-Gazidis-comes-out-fighting-over-Emirates-stadium-ticket-price-rises.html

I know I only have his word to go on, but eventually prices will have to come down as people simply won't be able to afford it and the AST will put him under too much pressure.
Arsenal's season ticket waiting list is ridiculous tbh. I suspect many people on it wouldn't be able to afford one if they were offered one right now.
Reply 9751
If more people are prepared to pay £X for a ticket than there are seats in the stadium, then somehow the price of a ticket will end up higher than X. Even if the price arsenal sets is lower, touting will increase the price. I'd rather the club got the extra than some criminal.
Arsene wenger needs to leave, this season has proved that he is tactically inept and even tony pulis is a better tactician than him. We were on course to win the title but his persistence on playing 4-5-1 and leaving bentner on the bench has cost us dearly.
Reply 9753
Amazing first post :coma:

Gwarnn the Potters :woohoo:
Original post by bendtner.is.sick
Arsene wenger needs to leave, this season has proved that he is tactically inept and even tony pulis is a better tactician than him. We were on course to win the title but his persistence on playing 4-5-1 and leaving bentner on the bench has cost us dearly.

:pierre:
You're one of the Mancs or Scousers that hangs about in this thread aren't you?
Reply 9755

I agree with your username. But honestly, if you have the word Bendtner in your username, then you'd have thought that you'd be able to spell it right in your post? And it's not exactly a 4-5-1 formation we play... Oh, and I'm guessing that means that Stoke are going to be playing Champions League football next season then?
Reply 9756

What! :smile:
Original post by Mess.
Amazing first post :coma:

Gwarnn the Potters :woohoo:

Such a mess :heart:
Reply 9758
Ramsey to start against Stoke, Vermaelen could return

So it looks like it may be:

Szczesny
Sagna Vermaelen Koscielny Clichy
Song
Ramsey Wilshere
Walcott---------------------------Nasri
RVP

This is taking into consideration that Djourou is struggling with an ankle injury.
Original post by Abiraleft
Ramsey to start against Stoke, Vermaelen could return

So it looks like it may be:

Szczesny
Sagna Vermaelen Koscielny Clichy
Song
Ramsey Wilshere
Walcott---------------------------Nasri
RVP

This is taking into consideration that Djourou is struggling with an ankle injury.

looks like we'll be back to full squad fitness by the end of season...vermaelen will take a few games to get back into the grove but if hes anything like he was in his first season, theres no need to worry

Latest