The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why can't I revise :'(
Reply 3241
Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks
Why can't I revise :'(

I think it's a seasonal infectious disease, I got it bad.
Original post by SMed
I think it's a seasonal infectious disease, I got it bad.

i know i'll plow through it all eventually... im just waiting for that moment where i clunk into gear and get going.

BUT WHAT IF IT NEVER COMES??
BUT WHAT IF IT NEVER COMES??

Welcome to my world :p:
Original post by Kinkerz
Welcome to my world :p:

lucky girl

:colonhash:
lucky girl

:colonhash:

:lol:
I'll post this in here as it doesn't really deserve its own thread. I need help understanding the countercurrent multiplier of in the kidney.

From what i understand

The ascending loop is impermeable to water but pumps out sodium into the interstitium adjacent to the descending loop
the descending loop loses water to the interstitium because of the gradient there (which is maintained due to something to do with the vasa recta being in series and solute being able to short circuit the loop??)
so then you get this gradient down the loop with it most concentrated at the bottom, where water has been lost to the interstitium
then it goes up the loop, has lots of salt removed so you end up with a dilute fluid in the collecting ducts
then the collecting ducts pass by the giant osmotic gradient bit in the medulla and concentration happens with hormones doing whatever (ADH and aquaporins etc)

is this vaguely correct or am I having a meltdown?
End of year exam briefing was today. Scared the crap out of me. I actually did some revision this evening.
Original post by Kinkerz
I'm curious. People from schools that have OSSEs/OSCEs in preclinical years: do you get assessed on skills such as setting up a microscope, procedures for setting up physiology experiments, testing eye sight, doing basic biomedical lab work like faecal occult blood tests, etc., etc.? Or is it just clinical skills (examinations/histories/etc.)?

well testing eye sight was one that could be in it, but it's basically a selection out of all the examinations we were taught so far.
At last, I'm done with my SSC. 4587 words. This is my first and final draft. No way in hell am I spending any more time on it.
THREE ****ING WEEKS. :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:
Original post by i'm no superman
At last, I'm done with my SSC. 4587 words. This is my first and final draft. No way in hell am I spending any more time on it.
THREE ****ING WEEKS. :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:

It's so good to be done with a long ssc
ps
I wanted to rep you but it wouldn't let me :colonhash:
It's so good to be done with a long ssc
ps
I wanted to rep you but it wouldn't let me :colonhash:
Ha no worries, I'm just glad it's done. I can't even revise though... I still have 3200 words of my GP family study left to write.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by i'm no superman
Ha no worries, I'm just glad it's done. I can't even revise though... I still have 3200 words of my GP family study left to write.

You guys at SGUL have a lot to write...
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Including the University of Bath? :tongue:

It's almost as good as the University of Aberdeen.... :wink:
Original post by Kinkerz
You guys at SGUL have a lot to write...
It really takes the piss to be honest. Not much I can do but power through it.

How's your SSC coming along?
Original post by Captain Crash
It's almost as good as the University of Aberdeen.... :wink:

Don't tell me you fell for the AV twoddle?
Peninsula aren't even on it. Exeter is, but if you were going to count us as anything it would be Plymouth, since they're bigger and that's where all the offices and that be.
Original post by Wangers
Don't tell me you fell for the AV twoddle?

Don't tell me you fell for the No2AV twoddle?
Original post by ilovehotchocolate

Peninsula aren't even on it. Exeter is, but if you were going to count us as anything it would be Plymouth, since they're bigger and that's where all the offices and that be.

I can't find UEA on it :no:

Passed my portfolio :smile: (That's the reflective essay we do)

Now just got an AR, SSS, 2x OSCE and ANP to pass and I'm done for the year :p:

I disagree, I think we can be counted as Exeter (not for this, but in general). I am registered with student finance as being at Exeter my degree certificate will say Exeter.

Latest

Trending

Trending