The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The one after the black part? Silence in the Library.

Before, what Sleekchic said.

Original post by sleekchic
Flesh and Stone. Series 5

I did mean the bit on the psychic paper.

It must have just completely slipped my mind :holmes:
Reply 1421
Whilst we're all posting youtube Doctor Who videos, I thought I'd post this. I think it's the video that the Doctor left with instructions for Martha when he became human in Human Nature/Family of Blood.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
My concern about Doctor Who is the 'ultimate plans'. There's only so many you can have before it gets boring, or the impact of the plan isn't as shocking. When you've had the reality bomb (destroying all matter), the final sanction (ripping apart the time vortex and destroying creation) and the TARDIS exploding and explosion reaching every point in time and space ... it doesn't leave you with many more shocking plans. I guess that is the essence of Doctor Who though, something being threatened with destruction. But still, I wish they didn't have 'creation ending' plans every series.

"You can give us widsom. Become a god, at our side."

Shame they were such crap villains.

Well, I feel this series will have a threat a lot more personal than blowing up the universe.
Original post by Mess.

Love it :biggrin: Watch from about 30 seconds in :rofl2:

I had never actually noticed the "So you kissed her back" No, I kissed her mouth" line before XD
Original post by Gemini92
Whilst we're all posting youtube Doctor Who videos, I thought I'd post this. I think it's the video that the Doctor left with instructions for Martha when he became human in Human Nature/Family of Blood.

did..did...did he just mention Rory?

I loved it. I wonder how much DT actually made up of that as it seems that it was just for Martha to rewind whilst making it seem like he was actually giving instructions.

Who votes we give MS a pear?
Reply 1425
I love how he mentions 'Just a Minute' :colondollar:
Reply 1426
Has anyone discussed the Girl in the Fireplace/ Madame du Pompadour potential link with River Song? I've just re-watched the episode and it has made me curious...
Reply 1427
This is the South Park Dalek :h:
Original post by Katie_louise
Has anyone discussed the Girl in the Fireplace/ Madame du Pompadour potential link with River Song? I've just re-watched the episode and it has made me curious...

What link is that? :s-smilie:

Madame du Pompadour is a real historical figure.

sex on legs :ahee: :coma:
Reply 1430
Original post by SirMasterKey
What link is that? :s-smilie:

Madame du Pompadour is a real historical figure.

Ok so the connections are:

1) She meets the Doctor first as a child and he 'jumps' in and out of her life
2)they have a romantic relationship
3) she reads his mind and suggests she knows his real name
4) she dies but she says something along the lines of 'reason says that we won't meet again but I have learned no to listen to reason'
5) she is very intelligent

There is obviously loads that still needs explaining but it joins the long list of potential explanations (with massive holes in :tongue:)
We'll put that in the "Cop Out" pile :awesome:
Reply 1432
Original post by Colonel.
We'll put that in the "Cop Out" pile :awesome:

What would you consider not to be a 'cop out'?
Ok so the connections are:

1) She meets the Doctor first as a child and he 'jumps' in and out of her life
2)they have a romantic relationship
3) she reads his mind and suggests she knows his real name
4) she dies but she says something along the lines of 'reason says that we won't meet again but I have learned no to listen to reason'
5) she is very intelligent

There is obviously loads that still needs explaining but it joins the long list of potential explanations (with massive holes in :tongue:)

I don't think there's any real link there just coincidences if that.

There are some similarities but it would be a really really crap conclusion to the storyline to link it back to a character that wasn't of much importance 4 series a go let alone now.
(edited 12 years ago)
What would you consider not to be a 'cop out'?

Something that would make sense.

Madame du Pompadour died and we've seen River die too.

:h:
Reply 1435
Original post by cambo211
I don't think there's any real link there just coincidences if that.

There are some similarities but it would be a really really crap conclusion to the storyline.

I'm not sure Moffat really does coincidences, but I will give you red herrings. Obviously there would need to be a lot of plot hole filling for it to be anywhere near a good storyline.
Reply 1436
My jacket that came today is so very, very similar to the one Matt Smith wears :woo: Now I need to find me a nice shirt that goes with it and a bow tie :holmes:
Original post by JWH
Nothing is as scary as Blink that scared the crap out of me

Silence in the Library was worse. I was terrified of turning the light off after that. And the lights in my house made it look like I had two shadows. Actually scared the hell out of me, don't get me wrong, I wish the Doctor was real (who knows, maybe he is...) but I'd rather give the dying a miss.
Reply 1438
Original post by Colonel.
Something that would make sense.

Madame du Pompadour died and we've seen River die too.

:h:

Hmmm, who else died recently? :tongue:
:biggrin:
Reply 1439
With regards to Madame then wouldn't River have called Tennant 'her Doctor' if she was Made du but she kept saying that he wasn't her Doctor and that a future Doctor was.

Latest

Trending

Trending