The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
lol i have ways of dealing with frustration :wink:

i can be great assist with these ways :wink:

I'll try and reseach the role or ask others i know who worked there
but i'm not going to start explaining the concept of chemo to someone that has been trained in it..
I'll try my best i guess but all this gap year planning is distracting my revision.. :s-smilie:

But away from fornication and med talk... What is demi short for..?

Ha yea fair enough, i met a really interesting patient who explained it all to me, he's been to America for treatments and has done a lot of research, i was there for 9hours so it was helpful :smile:

demi is short for my name :tongue:, what's yours?
Original post by dmz
i can be great assist with these ways :wink:

lool touché

Original post by dmz
Ha yea fair enough, i met a really interesting patient who explained it all to me, he's been to America for treatments and has done a lot of research, i was there for 9hours so it was helpful :smile:

demi is short for my name :tongue:, what's yours?

Some call me toni which is also short for my name.. :smile:
Lol can i guess yours is short for Demetrius..?
Reply 1542
lool touché

there can be as much touch as you like :tongue:

Some call me toni which is also short for my name.. :smile:
Lol can i guess yours is short for Demetrius..?

toni ann?

Haha that would actually be a cool name but I'm not Greek or out of a Shakespeare play, I'm originate from the deep jungles of Africa, nah i don't but I'm black which rules out demitrius, lol
Original post by dmz
there can be as much touch as you like :tongue:

Cheeky :tongue:

Original post by dmz
toni ann?

Haha that would actually be a cool name but I'm not Greek or out of a Shakespeare play, I'm originate from the deep jungles of Africa, nah i don't but I'm black which rules out demitrius, lol

Haha so am i! Was going to guess it had an african origin as well but woulda been super awkward if you turned out to be a demitrius lol
and your guess was close but not close enough.. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1544
Cheeky :tongue:

Haha so am i! Was going to guess it had an african origin as well but woulda been super awkward if you turned out to be a demitrius lol
and your guess was close but not close enough.. :wink:

Haha sweet, from nigeria (i promise not to rub your bank details :rolleyes:), came here when i was 10, Haha yea just a bit, don't think i know any demetrius not out of a book now. Is your name English?
Original post by dmz
Haha sweet, from nigeria (i promise not to rub your bank details :rolleyes:), came here when i was 10, Haha yea just a bit, don't think i know any demetrius not out of a book now. Is your name English?

lol don't worry i promise not to call immigration :tongue:
(PS not a mildly racist joke because i'm nigerian as well :biggrin: )
Yeah mine name's english, was born here, but love it there :smile:
Reply 1546
lol don't worry i promise not to call immigration :tongue:
(PS not a mildly racist joke because i'm nigerian as well :biggrin: )
Yeah mine name's english, was born here, but love it there :smile:

:rofl: Haha I'm legit! :tongue:, i don't really take offence with racist jokes :smile:

you did? :eyebrow: I'm guessing you didn't stay in a house where you owned chickens and ducks and often ran around bare feet, topless climbing trees and pretty broke, :laugh: Goodtimes, gotta be up at 6 for a 12shift! odaro, Haha won't get fresh on you :tongue: night
Original post by dmz
:rofl: Haha I'm legit! :tongue:, i don't really take offence with racist jokes :smile:

you did? :eyebrow: I'm guessing you didn't stay in a house where you owned chickens and ducks and often ran around bare feet, topless climbing trees and pretty broke, :laugh: Goodtimes, gotta be up at 6 for a 12shift! odaro, Haha won't get fresh on you :tongue: night

Lol no, unfortunately i stayed in my aunt's house with air conditioning, reliable electricity (actually 3 back-up generators lol) and househelp :colondollar:
Regret that i didn't get to experience home in this way. Maybe i'll try a different approach next time :rolleyes:
odabo o**demi (lemme know if i got it right)
Reply 1548
Lol no, unfortunately i stayed in my aunt's house with air conditioning, reliable electricity (actually 3 back-up generators lol) and househelp :colondollar:
Regret that i didn't get to experience home in this way. Maybe i'll try a different approach next time :rolleyes:
odabo o**demi (lemme know if i got it right)

Haha nah i was a broke ass kid :tongue: lol, Africa's really nice when you're rich tho tbh

Haha nothing to regret, doubt I'm going back as most of on grand parents have now kicked the bucket
wow I'm actually impressed, you have the right idea but still so wrong :tongue: lol
Original post by firestar101
Hey, Everyone

I have made a new thread in the medicine section about how the ukcat is used in each medical school. It is quite long, but it should help everyone when they have decide what medical school to apply to.

The thread is here:-

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1629090

Apparently you've never looked at the wiki section of this site then..

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UKCAT

Is this info from this cycle/for next cycle? I'll update the wiki page if there are any discrepancies though :yep:

I also assume you don't mind if I include a link to your thread on the wiki page so people can ask questions about it there :h:

EDIT: Bloody hell firestar, this is way more info than was previously available!
I can't rep you atm but remind me at some point and I will :yep:
Must have taken you ages to get all that info!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1550
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Apparently you've never looked at the wiki section of this site then..

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/UKCAT

Is this info from this cycle/for next cycle? I'll update the wiki page if there are any discrepancies though :yep:

I also assume you don't mind if I include a link to your thread on the wiki page so people can ask questions about it there :h:

wow, mod like much? :tongue:

Original post by dmz
wow, mod like much? :tongue:

I'm not a mod :colondollar:

I just update things :tongue:c:

It's done now so all of firestars info is on there for the UKCAT schools :yep:

How you doing demi?
Reply 1552
I'm not a mod :colondollar:

I just update things :tongue:c:

It's done now so all of firestars info is on there for the UKCAT schools :yep:

How you doing demi?

practically one. do you ask to be a mod or just get picked?
Travelled 2hours to and from work to find out the shift has been double booked :colonhash: already doing 72hours this week so i let the other guy have it, just in bed now, and you?

Original post by dmz
practically one. do you ask to be a mod or just get picked?
Travelled 2hours to and from work to find out the shift has been double booked :colonhash: already doing 72hours this week so i let the other guy have it, just in bed now, and you?

If they advertise a post you can apply.. but most of the time you'll need to be nominated (when there's a post available) or asked by a mod/super iirc

Damn that sucks.. but at least you can have some time off.. 72 hours?? seriously?? That's like double what I do :eek3:

I'm alright, already getting bored of early mornings and only been doing them for one week so far, I just need to get things sorted and trying to plan a gym workout so that I actually exercise my abs for once.. need six pack for summer and med school :colone:
Got any tips?
Reply 1554
If they advertise a post you can apply.. but most of the time you'll need to be nominated (when there's a post available) or asked by a mod/super iirc

Damn that sucks.. but at least you can have some time off.. 72 hours?? seriously?? That's like double what I do :eek3:

I'm alright, already getting bored of early mornings and only been doing them for one week so far, I just need to get things sorted and trying to plan a gym workout so that I actually exercise my abs for once.. need six pack for summer and med school :colone:
Got any tips?

Oh i see

i was quite surprised too being a lazy person and all, did 13 days non stop, 6days before that with a day's break in between, lol. But it's actually not bad. Won't go past 30 next two weeks just till i do my exam :smile:

Ha i know what you mean :tongue: i get bored at home tho. Haha sorry but i don't really have a proper one anymore tbh but I'll do some workout for uni too :tongue:, i always get it when i go to athletics training for a couple of weeks. :biggrin: something to add to our list for fresher, you have to nail a girl your weight or above :colone:
Original post by dmz
Haha nah i was a broke ass kid :tongue: lol, Africa's really nice when you're rich tho tbh

Haha nothing to regret, doubt I'm going back as most of on grand parents have now kicked the bucket
wow I'm actually impressed, you have the right idea but still so wrong :tongue: lol

Very true
I plan to spend like 2-3weeks there next summer hopefully :biggrin:
Of course you're impressed, i get it a lot hahaha :u:
I have a feeling i'm right about your name but you probably won't admit.. :cool:
lol either that, or i'm just wrong.. :colondollar:
Reply 1556
Very true
I plan to spend like 2-3weeks there next summer hopefully :biggrin:
Of course you're impressed, i get it a lot hahaha :u:
I have a feeling i'm right about your name but you probably won't admit.. :cool:
lol either that, or i'm just wrong.. :colondollar:

you're not. I know where you're coming from with the prefix but mine and my brothers are a bit more rare (prefix wise) also my first name is 12 letters tho i only use all of it on legal/important documents
so um i accedentally applied in extra to med at belfast...the place was for international students (only realised when i actually read the page..but i already clicked confirm)
im not international

i tried to cancel it but it didn't lol should i be worried? will ucas eat me or something?
Original post by atomos
so um i accedentally applied in extra to med at belfast...the place was for international students (only realised when i actually read the page..but i already clicked confirm)
im not international

i tried to cancel it but it didn't lol should i be worried? will ucas eat me or something?

Quickly get on a plane to the Isle of Man....
Hey everyone, how we all doing. Still not started UKCAT rev yet...

dmz - I am jealous! 72hours! I need money for University and all I am managing is P/T bar work the now, sobsob. Which is minimum wage of course.

Got decentish feedback from Aberdeen and St.Andrews, I think I should be getting a shadowing placement sorted for June, apart from that I have been doing flip all... Need to get in shape also!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending