The Student Room Group

Is whirlwind romance dead or just very hard to find?

So with a semi-sober mind I am slightly more chill than yesterday/early this morning, and have thought maybe I just go to the wrong places to fin someone so quixotically inclined as myself.

Bars and pubs seem to only attract temporary company, despite my best efforts, have thought about hanging in the romance aisle in a library but that seems to have a stigma attached to it.

So where do you meet good intentioned people who want more than a wham bam thank you man?
Where did you meet your significant other?
Is the ability to just unconditionally hand everything to someone you've only met once still around or is the amount of people like this dwindling?

Scroll to see replies

I think you've been watching too many films :tongue: I suppose it probably does happen sometimes but I've never seen one. The main thing is that people just don't trust strangers enough to 'unconditionally hand everything to someone they've just met'.
Reply 2
Maybe its not the place your meeting these people. Maybe its the people your meeting? Try being alittle more selective and not sleeping with them too soon. Also am alittle be skeptical of 'whirlwind romance', I just dont think there meant to last...
They do work...my parents had a whirlwind romance....knew each other three weeks before they got engaged and married four months later. they've been married for nearly 28 years.

But, yeah, it is rare and everyone thought my parents were nut. even they say if my sister and i ever did anything like that

Think the point is you can't "look" for them. they just happen. love happens when you least expect it.
Reply 4
I don't sleep with people I intend romance with, because whenever it's been romantically inclined they sod off before I'm comfortable enough with that lol

Aye I've deffinately watched too many movies but why can't it be like that? Why can't people just trust eachother?

Glad I got at least one case where it worked and I'm still waiting for the "man up" "grow some balls" comments, romanticism is frowned upon nowadays
Reply 5
Stop crazily looking for love. If you want it, itl happen. dont push things around.

all the best! :smile:
Reply 6
I'm just a glutton for punishment I guess lol, I'd rather feel crappy than nothing at all > . <
TSR should have an iPhone app fo' sho
Reply 7
It happens when it happens. /annoyingcomment :awesome:
Hard to find, but my God when you do.....

:heart:
Er I met my boyfriend online....sounds so bad....

Even worse when you find out it was on a mmorpg. And I was already 2 months pregnant.

Erm, how can I redeem this, I met him 2 weeks later (comes from a town I used to live in) and I fell in love straight away and that was in January and I am DEFINITELY going to marry him,

No ifs no buts.
Reply 10
It seems that I am in one of these whirlwind romances. A guy who had graduated high school a year before me just recently contacted me after months of being a friend on Facebook... we started talking and I found out that back in our high school days he had a crush on me. In the two weeks that we've been talking, we have sent over 4000 texts (thank goodness for unlimited lol). But the feelings have developed and we are completely in love. We had our first "official" date on Tuesday May 3rd. He makes me smile and laugh and he cares about me more than I thought possible. SO yea, a whirlwind romance does still exist, but it is probably more rare than it used to be. I wasn't looking but he found me.
Original post by teenageclay
So with a semi-sober mind I am slightly more chill than yesterday/early this morning, and have thought maybe I just go to the wrong places to fin someone so quixotically inclined as myself.

Bars and pubs seem to only attract temporary company, despite my best efforts, have thought about hanging in the romance aisle in a library but that seems to have a stigma attached to it.

So where do you meet good intentioned people who want more than a wham bam thank you man?
Is the ability to just unconditionally hand everything to someone you've only met once still around or is the amount of people like this dwindling?

What do you mean exactly? If you mean kisses and girls giving you attention and even sex - you're a young lad, you should enjoy all that :awesome: (well unless they're butt ugly)
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s

What do you mean exactly? If you mean kisses and girls giving you attention and even sex - you're a young lad, you should enjoy all that :awesome: (well unless they're butt ugly)

Being young and being a whore aren't one in the same :curious:
Original post by magnum.opus
Being young and being a whore aren't one in the same :curious:

He's a guy. I wasn't referring to girls.

He's a guy. I wasn't referring to girls.

:facepalm:

Being a lad and being a man-whore aren't one in the same

Hint: guys can be whores, too.
Reply 15
Original post by teenageclay

Ok, that's too cute : ) But nobody wants to talk at the library silly. Like some of the people said, things like this just don't "happen", so don't look for them.
Reply 16
It certainly exists. I've only ever known it to happen by accident when I'm not actively seeking it.
Reply 17
Lemme know when you figure it out OP :dry:
Reply 18
If your first thought for meeting a partner was to look in bars and clubs, I think its highly likely that you will be alone forever.

Nah bad experiences and faulty thinking processes mean I'm not really one for just makin' out and gettin' down. Not my style.
From the get go I'm in it for the long haul, dunno why, too much Hollywood

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending