The Student Room Group

What does "requirement of a 2:1" mean?

Hi,

sorry for the easy question, but i'm from Italy and i don't understand what this requirement mean and how should i convert my italian score.

Thank's a lot!
it depends on the university, but an italian GPA of 25/30 or a final score of 102/110 should be the equivalent of a 2:1
The system is as follows -
1st (A) - 70%+
2:1 (B) - 60-69%
2:2 (C) - 50-59%
3rd (D). - 40-49%

Most places expect at least a 2:1 when applying for post-grad or jobs. In what context have you been asked for a 2:1?
Reply 3
Where could i find the correct conversion? I got a final score or 110/110 cum laude and 29.3/30.
Reply 4
Original post by Emaemmaemily
1st (A) - 70%+
3rd (D). - 40-49%

Most places expect at least a 2:1 when applying for post-grad or jobs. In what context have you been asked for a 2:1?

I found it here

http://www2.lse.ac.uk/study/graduate/taughtProgrammes2011/MScFinance_(fulltime).aspx

Thank's :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by piero06
Where could i find the correct conversion? I got a final score or 110/110 cum laude and 29.3/30.

so u got 100% in your degree?

Ok so you have a degree already? What was your score?
Reply 7
Original post by piero06

Either trolling or retarded.
a 2:1 is an British degree classification. we have five:

1st class honours (the top classification)
Upper Second Class honours (generally referred to as a '2:1')
Lower second class honours (generally referred to as a '2:2')
Third class honours
Pass

Most Universities require that you get at least a 2:1 in order to go onto graduate study (hence the requirement of a 2:1). If you got 110/110 and 29.3/30 GPA, I would suggest that translates as at least a 2:1, but more likely a 1st. I don't think you've got anything to worry about.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by flying plum
a 2:1 is an British degree classification. we have five:

1st class honours (the top classification)
Upper Second Class honours (generally referred to as a '2:1')
Lower second class honours (generally referred to as a '2:2')
Third class honours
Pass

Most Universities require that you get at least a 2:1 in order to go onto graduate study (hence the requirement of a 2:1). If you got 110/110 and 29.3/30 GPA, I would suggest that translates as at least a 2:1, but more likely a 1st. I don't think you've got anything to worry about.

oook :smile:
you were really clear!
Reply 10
Original post by illusionz

??? :confused:
Original post by piero06
Haha. If those are your scores, then you've obviously made the requirement.
Reply 12
Original post by Emaemmaemily
1st (A) - 70%+
3rd (D). - 40-49%

It doesn't work like that for students from outside the UK. 60% is much harder to achieve in the British curriculum than in many other countries.

OP it's best that you contact the universities yourself via e-mail or phone.
Reply 13
Original post by illusionz

Get more info before u talk, I ve heard a bit of italy's system and its very possible coz they get higer grades most of the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending