The Student Room Group

Skype Language Learning Society!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emzaz
Thank you very much! ^_^ :colondollar:

PM me and we'll sort out a time we can actually have our long-awaited skype conversation? Tomorrow? Or some day after school this week? :smile:
Reply 141
Original post by Meghaan
I do AS french and spanish and I would love to find someone to practise with!
My french AS oral is May 7th and my spanish AS is May 13th

Original post by missccify
French and spanish AS levels - reaaallly need some practice - my exam board is edexcel and i've chosen education and employment for my french one and health for my spanish one. It doesn't matter if anyone hasn't chosen the same topics as me or the same exam board, im willing to talk regardless :smile:

You two should PM each other! It's fate! :P Hahehehee!

Original post by ChopinNocturne
PM me and we'll sort out a time we can actually have our long-awaited skype conversation? Tomorrow? Or some day after school this week? :smile:

Tomorrow would be good - my resit is tuesday and then my other exam is on thursday so before then if you get a chance :smile: When are your exams?
where do I sign up?
Original post by emzaz
Tomorrow would be good - my resit is tuesday and then my other exam is on thursday so before then if you get a chance :smile: When are your exams?

Tomorrow afternoon any good? I'm out from 6ish but free all day before then pretty much :smile: my oral is next tuesday (10th).
Reply 144
Original post by Josh_Dey
where do I sign up?

Here :smile: If you post your name, language and your level e.g. gcse then I'll add you to the list. ^_^ There might be a bit of a delay because I'm kinda busy at the moment as I've been improving the list and some people got lost from it but I'm fixing it as quickly as I can!

Tomorrow afternoon any good? I'm out from 6ish but free all day before then pretty much :smile: my oral is next tuesday (10th).

Is early afternoon okay? Say, 1ish? Or in the morning some time if you don't sleep in much?
Original post by Meghaan
I do AS french and spanish and I would love to find someone to practise with!
My french AS oral is May 7th and my spanish AS is May 13th

Hi :smile: just to let you know i've PMd you about skyping eachother, as i do french and spanish a level too :smile:
Original post by emzaz
Is early afternoon okay? Say, 1ish? Or in the morning some time if you don't sleep in much?

Early afternoon we tend to have lunch on a Sunday, but morning would be ok yeah :smile:
Reply 147
Early afternoon we tend to have lunch on a Sunday, but morning would be ok yeah :smile:

Cool, well I sign in from 9 anyway (i can't do french without wordreference.com open hahah so I'm on my laptop at that time anyways) so if you give me a ring whenever you're up/ready and we can chat ^_^
Original post by emzaz
Cool, well I sign in from 9 anyway (i can't do french without wordreference.com open hahah so I'm on my laptop at that time anyways) so if you give me a ring whenever you're up/ready and we can chat ^_^

Cool, talk tomorrow then :smile:
josh.dey
GCSE
German
Maybe French, still undecided... :smile:
I'm not on the list even though I signed up and I've been talking to people :sad: :p:
Reply 151
I'm not on the list even though I signed up and I've been talking to people :sad: :p:

Oops! I'll fix that now! Do you do any other languages?
Original post by emzaz
Oops! I'll fix that now! Do you do any other languages?

Nope! Well was GCSE Spanish this time 2 years ago but definitely no longer at a conversational level with that! :p:
Reply 153
Nope! Well was GCSE Spanish this time 2 years ago but definitely no longer at a conversational level with that! :p:

Heya, I can't go on skype today I'm afraid! Maybe wednesday? I'm cramming vocab for my as resit today hahah! (it's at 9.20 tomorrow morning - arrgh!)

hope that's okay!
Original post by emzaz
Heya, I can't go on skype today I'm afraid! Maybe wednesday? I'm cramming vocab for my as resit today hahah! (it's at 9.20 tomorrow morning - arrgh!)

hope that's okay!

No worries, Wednesday would be good yes, I'm out tomorrow evening so couldn't do then anyway! Good luck for your resit :biggrin:

OH and further to our conversation yesterday, we read last year's examiners' report in our lesson today and they were getting very stressy about people not using "vous" as the appropriate form of address - just so you're warned!
I can skype with anyone for French. :smile: will have to wait for my parents to go out since my house is quite small and they'll probably think I'm a bit weird but whatever haha.

I'm fluent in French and am doing A2s in French and German.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by emzaz
Here :smile: If you post your name, language and your level e.g. gcse then I'll add you to the list.

German = Ab Intio at Uni level
Austrian Dialect = beginner
Italian = beginner :smile: <Want to improve
rachel
AS spanish
oral on the 10th too ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Can anyone that's fluent in French, or way above GCSE level please help me correct some of my work that I've written? I have my writing exam tomorrow, and I just want to see if what I've written is correct (it's a controlled assessment)

Please!!! It's so urgent :frown:

Please quote me, and I'll send you a private message of my work :smile:

Edit: someone has already helped me, no need anymore :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 159
German and French - 9 years (2nd year of uni)
Dutch - 2 years (2nd year of uni)

Definitely not as good at French as I am German :frown: but whatever :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending