The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by vin
it was after the second ep ...which was probably the greatest reason to drop it :s:

You can't blame me for your perseverance. :no:
Reply 721

Original post by Aiko
You can't blame me for your perseverance. :no:

but you actually told me to :cry2:
Reply 722
Original post by vin
but you actually told me to :cry2:

:dice:

Tonight is the night I'm finally going to have my manga binge. For various reasons I've put it off for about two weeks, and was going to do so last night, but got distracted :nyoron: I have to go to a funeral on Monday, so I deserve a treat :puppyeyes:

Still have A-channel, and C:money to watch the first eps of...and I have loads of others shows this season too :nyoron: Only show I'm currently thinking I might drop is Nichijou as I just can't see myself lasting 26 episodes (which MAL seems to suggest it'll be)
I'm running a screening at Aberanime tonight. :proud: It is called AJ's Eternal Presidential Screening, and the lineup is as follows:

Basquash!
Kimagure Robot (1)
ef - a tale of memories
Kimagure Robot (2)

*break*

Natsu no Arashi
Kimagure Robot (3)
Haibane Renmei
Kimagure Robot (4)
Basilisk
Gag Manga Biyori ED

I think that's a pretty good compromise between my own taste in anime and the mainstream. :yes: Showing only the former would likely bore people to death, while a screening with only the latter wouldn't be my screening! Thought I'd start and end with more action packed episodes, while packing the middle with Haibane Renmei (had to be there) and two SHAFT shows (but not the ones people at Aberanime are likely to have seen). Kimagure Robot is just there to break it up a bit, while the Gag Manga Biyori ED seems to have become my theme at Aberanime. :proud: Also, the change in tone from the Basilisk ep 2 preview to that is too hilarious not to go ahead with. :rofl:
Original post by Juno
You should watch JunJou Romantica :yep: It's exciting coz there's a new one soon.

There's going to be a new series???

*cries with happiness then goes off to watch it from the start again*
Original post by Mm_Minty

I wouldn't take that too literally, ANN doesn't list anything of the sort. :no: I'm assuming Juno's referring to the currently ongoing Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi by the same creator and anime studio.
Reply 726
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm running a screening at Aberanime tonight. :proud: It is called AJ's Eternal Presidential Screening, and the lineup is as follows:

Basquash!
Kimagure Robot (1)
ef - a tale of memories
Kimagure Robot (2)

*break*

Natsu no Arashi
Kimagure Robot (3)
Haibane Renmei
Kimagure Robot (4)
Basilisk
Gag Manga Biyori ED

I think that's a pretty good compromise between my own taste in anime and the mainstream. :yes: Showing only the former would likely bore people to death, while a screening with only the latter wouldn't be my screening! Thought I'd start and end with more action packed episodes, while packing the middle with Haibane Renmei (had to be there) and two SHAFT shows (but not the ones people at Aberanime are likely to have seen). Kimagure Robot is just there to break it up a bit, while the Gag Manga Biyori ED seems to have become my theme at Aberanime. :proud: Also, the change in tone from the Basilisk ep 2 preview to that is too hilarious not to go ahead with. :rofl:

I see no ikkitousen, Qwaser or :waffo: :unimpressed:

Also having introduced me to that Biyori ED either here or on fb, you now have it stuck in my head again! :shakecane:

Basquash!
Kimagure Robot (1)
ef - a tale of memories
Kimagure Robot (2)

*break*

Natsu no Arashi
Kimagure Robot (3)
Haibane Renmei
Kimagure Robot (4)
Basilisk
Gag Manga Biyori ED

no Bible Black? :wink:
Original post by Truered
I see no ikkitousen, Qwaser or :waffo: :unimpressed:

Also having introduced me to that Biyori ED either here or on fb, you now have it stuck in my head again! :shakecane:

Original post by gandhistoto
no Bible Black? :wink:

I'm quite happy with my unofficial position as Aberanime's Eternal President, and don't plan on losing it. :p:

As for the Gag Manga Biyori theme getting stuck in people's heads, that's what makes it so awesome (and why it's come to be associated with me - I keep inflicting it on people). :proud:

Anyway, I'm now off to actually show this screening! :afraid:
Original post by Aiko
Never underestimate the power of Shaft. :giggle:

Seconded. Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Bakemonogatari and Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei leap to mind. I do agree that Dance in the Vampire Bund is an awful anime though, the manga is much better. From what I hear though, the mangaka essentially said "I don't want you to use my plot, just my characters and setting", so Shaft can't be entirely blamed.
Reply 730
I wouldn't take that too literally, ANN doesn't list anything of the sort. :no: I'm assuming Juno's referring to the currently ongoing Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi by the same creator and anime studio.

Original post by Mm_Minty

Yeah, AJ's right. Which proves he's secretly a yaoi fangirl :smile:
Original post by Juno
Yeah, AJ's right. Which proves he's secretly a yaoi fangirl :smile:

Although I've started watching the other anime instead, so some good's come of your post, Juno :awesome:
My screening went down very well on the whole. :biggrin: Basquash! was definitely the most well received, with a few people saying they'd continue with it; I was a bit worried that basketball playing mechs may be a bit too obscure, but they all loved it. Basilisk and Natsu no Arashi! also went down well, like Basquash! their first episodes gave you a pretty good idea of what to expect from the rest of the series. Kimagure Robot raised a few chuckles, which is about all you can expect from 2 minute shorts.

As for the slower paced shows, the gamble payed off with Haibane Renmei, which left a lot of people intrigued and thinking about looking it up. ef - a tale of memories failed to catch the same level of interest though - while nobody seemed to out an out hate it (unless they were just being polite :p:), the slow pacing, jumping from character to character and whole visual novel feel were all given as reasons for why they didn't like it as much. I was worried that might be the case, but stand by my decision to show it because it was different to anything else on the list, and there are definitely people in the society who would have liked it (shame they didn't show up :sigh:). It also had to be done for my peace of mind, as not showing it (either the whole series or just the first ep) during my two years on committee was one of my biggest regrets.

Ending with the Gag Manga Biyori ED was a wasted reference on the people who don't show up to socials, as well as a few who simply weren't aware that the 'song' was associated with me in the society. But the people who recognized it found it hilarious, and one person who didn't still thanked me for showing it if only because it lightened the mood after the end of Basilisk. :p:
Reply 733
Should have used qwaser :sadnod:

In a shocking development I'm not completely behind on all of the shows, and if I have a binge today/during the weekend I'll be up to date :smug:
:nah: The shows I had in reserve were Madlax and Now and Then, Here and There. The former has the more action-packed first ep, but really the only thing that makes it stand out from similar series is its brilliant soundtrack. The latter is an excellent series, but the first episode isn't very representative. It's mostly the main character talking to himself on top of a chimney, and it only really gets interesting in the last few minutes. :giggle:

*is also up to date on the subs for all but two shows*
Reply 735
:nah: The shows I had in reserve were Madlax and Now and Then, Here and There. The former has the more action-packed first ep, but really the only thing that makes it stand out from similar series is its brilliant soundtrack. The latter is an excellent series, but the first episode isn't very representative. It's mostly the main character talking to himself on top of a chimney, and it only really gets interesting in the last few minutes. :giggle:

sounds intriguing :beard:

i love madlax songs n soundtracks, even though i never watched a single episode of the anime :tongue:

and it seems like you can continue being Aberanime's eternal president :biggrin: can try to slip in more questionable anime next time
Original post by gandhistoto
and it seems like you can continue being Aberanime's eternal president :biggrin: can try to slip in more questionable anime next time

I was getting enough looks with Basquash! That has a fair bit of innuendo and mild fanservice, but it isn't in your face all the time and is far from the main focus of the series. As I said it went down well though, the people most likely to complain about fanservice were thankfully absent. :p:
I was getting enough looks with Basquash! That has a fair bit of innuendo and mild fanservice, but it isn't in your face all the time and is far from the main focus of the series. As I said it went down well though, the people most likely to complain about fanservice were thankfully absent. :p:

what the, but basquash's fanservice is really really mild. even great anime like tengen toppa gurenn lagann has much more fanservice which has nothing to do with the storyline.
Reply 739
so did anyone watch ep 4 of C ....what was going on in that ad right after the Op :indiff:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest