The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Been on live chat to P4U today. Think I'm gunnna be able to get rid of the O2X in the end. Gunna go for a SGS2. :biggrin:
Original post by mikeyd85
Been on live chat to P4U today. Think I'm gunnna be able to get rid of the O2X in the end. Gunna go for a SGS2. :biggrin:

Excellent. :sexface:
Original post by Mad Vlad
Excellent. :sexface:

Yup. Will let everyone know how it went just in case anyone else needs a hand with this.
Original post by G8D
I hate you all.

There's part of me that would love to have just stayed with the Hero... but once you get used to web browsing with no keyboard lag...
Original post by G8D
I hate you all.

:puppyeyes: Why me?
When can you upgrade anyway?
Reply 4966
Anyone using Kies Air on the Samsung Galaxy S 2? Allows you to transfer files to and from your phone via your PC's web browser. As it's over WLAN it's just as fast as USB.

All you do is start the app on your phone and it gives you the url to type into your browser. That's it. Interface is fantastic too. :eek: No need for USB at all. Best of all you can still use your phone like normal and multitask unlike with USB.

This video explains it well:

Full file explorer too:

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RedGuy
As it's over WLAN it's just as fast as USB.

Lies! :tongue:
Reply 4968
Lies! :tongue:

:biggrin: Ok, close enough not to make a huge difference. Seriously it's fast! Just tested and it took 10 seconds to upload a 22 MB file.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RedGuy
:biggrin: Ok, close enough not to make a huge difference. Seriously it's fast! Just tested and it took 10 seconds to upload a 22 MB file.

You think you can confuse it by browsing from the phone.
Reply 4970
You think you can confuse it by browsing from the phone.

P h o n e c e p t i o n! :biggrin:

Just tried it and it shows a blank page.
Original post by RedGuy
P h o n e c e p t i o n! :biggrin:

Just tried it and it shows a blank page.

Awwww. :sad: :awesome:

Original post by G8D
If an app isn't popular on Android then it's usually not worth having.

Oh ok, cause that's a good argument. In all seriousness I'm not disagreeing with you but you shouldn't just close an argument with a weak opinion.... and state it like it means something between our conversation.
Original post by RedGuy

Original post by RedGuy
Anyone using Kies Air on the Samsung Galaxy S 2? Allows you to transfer files to and from your phone via your PC's web browser. As it's over WLAN it's just as fast as USB.

Lol it isn't. I like the idea thought and would love to have this implemented in more phones. I don't EVER actually sync my phone to the computer though.

Thanks for posting :smile:
Hello. Recently my HTC Legend has been acting slow and crashing so i've discided to master reset it. I've down loaded MyBackup, but it keeps saying the 30 day trial has expired. Is there any other good back up apps?
Original post by TheCasual

Original post by TheCasual
Hello. Recently my HTC Legend has been acting slow and crashing so i've discided to master reset it. I've down loaded MyBackup, but it keeps saying the 30 day trial has expired. Is there any other good back up apps?

Root and install Titanium Backup. Best backup service there is.
P4u wanted me to pay 150 for the sgs2, so I went with the desire s in the end. Forgot how much I like launcher pro with bits of sense chucked in. Quite like it so far. Certainly quick enough for the things I actually found myself using the o2x for.
Reply 4977
I've decided to get a galaxy sII now but whats the best deal people have found on it? Im hoping for no more than £25 a month for a £24 month contract, maybe a bit more for an 18 month contract
Original post by designuk
I've decided to get a galaxy sII now but whats the best deal people have found on it? Im hoping for no more than £25 a month for a £24 month contract, maybe a bit more for an 18 month contract

Phones4U will do that online if you pay £30 up front for the phone. (24m).
Reply 4979
yeah ive seen that one, and they do one for £20 and £25 that look pretty good, hopfully they do the deal in the shops so i can get a bit of money off

also im not sure if i will have any problems changing my number over as those deals are on tmobile and i am already on tmobile and wanna keep my number

Latest

Trending

Trending