The Student Room Group

NHS Clinical Scientist Recruitment

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smint
Thanks all! Yes, it was for Medical Physics. :smile:

:biggrin: Did you get your first preference? Sorry my bad..I see you said it was your second choice LOL.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2361
Original post by Smint
Thanks all! Yes, it was for Medical Physics. :smile:

Well done!!

I guess West Midlands had no excuse to delay sending confirmations out.
Original post by redbear
Now I'm going through my spam messages in gmail, just in case I missed a rejection letter. Just a tad paranoid! until I get a confirmed yes or no (I'm waiting to hear about Med Phys).

The way they (NHS) have treated us during this recruitment drive....a bit of healthy paranoia is a must.
Reply 2363
Original post by VENIVIDIVICI
:biggrin: Did you get your first preference?

No :frown: :biggrin:
Original post by Smint
No :frown: :biggrin:

Where was it? Will you have to relocate?
Reply 2365
I had to relocate no matter where they put me (I'm from Ireland) :biggrin:
Hi Peeps

I have been reading this thread for a while. I applied for immunology and had an interview on the 11th. Before I saw the previous thread about dates etc I decided to email them to find out when I can expect to hear from them.
I go on holiday next week and I cant find out if I will be able to have access to the internet, aarrgghh!!
anyway I emailed them at the begin of the week but they still havent got back to me!
now my paranoia has set in big style and I keep thinking maybe they cannot be bothered to reply to me because I havent got a place!!

i felt, like most of you prob do, that i screwed up big time with my interview!
i dont even know why I was selected for immunology, although its something I reallllllly want to do I have no previous experience within this field, so felt pretty stupid when I couldnt answer some of the questions!

anyway I was hoping someone could help me out with this situation, should I call them or email them again? i dont want to annoy them hahaha!
Original post by Smint
I had to relocate no matter where they put me (I'm from Ireland) :biggrin:

Cool, at least you sound up for it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kingsofmyleon
Hi Peeps

I have been reading this thread for a while. I applied for immunology and had an interview on the 11th. Before I saw the previous thread about dates etc I decided to email them to find out when I can expect to hear from them.
I go on holiday next week and I cant find out if I will be able to have access to the internet, aarrgghh!!
anyway I emailed them at the begin of the week but they still havent got back to me!
now my paranoia has set in big style and I keep thinking maybe they cannot be bothered to reply to me because I havent got a place!!

i dont even know why I was selected for immunology, although its something I reallllllly want to do I have no previous experience within this field, so felt pretty stupid when I couldnt answer some of the questions!

anyway I was hoping someone could help me out with this situation, should I call them or email them again? i dont want to annoy them hahaha!

Give them a call ...

Original post by Jonathan
0121 695 2411 is your best bet. :smile:
Original post by kingsofmyleon
Hi Peeps

Bummer...its a tough one hey...I felt just as stupid at stages during my interviews...don't sweat it. We all in the same boat. Anyway, numbers have been posted on here, so if you just go back through the thread you'll find it and I suggest calling them up and hear what they say. They'll probably stick to the line they've been feeding us all and the dates they quoted are pretty much set.

Is there no way in which you could access internet facilities next week where you'd be...even just for a few minutes to chk ur email account?
LOL. Thx Rob100989
Thanks for the info :smile:

I'm going to have a look in the local town im sure there is somewhere around, I just dont know how much more waiting I can do. my life hit the hold button the moment I got the interview call and I wanna enjoy my holiday instead of having to worry about this! typical ay!!

well i keep my fingers crossed for everyone else waiting to hear.

is there anyone else waiting for hear back about immunology?? i think Ive seen a few posts about Imm/Haem?!
:smile:
Just got an offer for med phys at Bristol!
Original post by ABrown123
Just got an offer for med phys at Bristol!

Congratulations to you. Well done!
Reply 2374
Looks like it's a day of offers! Well done everyone :-D
Indeed. Any medical physicists still waiting for news?
Reply 2376

Nothing yet, I put London hospitals as my top 3. Guess that's it til Monday, at least it's not another 4 day weekend to wait through!
Original post by hey_les
Nothing yet, I put London hospitals as my top 3. Guess that's it til Monday, at least it's not another 4 day weekend to wait through!

The way things have gone today...there's been no declines, so it may not be a nervy wait til Monday? I know until you get the "offer" its still nerve wrecking, but as was mentioned earlier, most of what happens now is recommendations needed from the Trusts, before offers are sent out.

Which hospitals?
(edited 12 years ago)

Still waiting here too :/

Am i right in saying that if Bristol have sent out one email then they would have sent them all? In that case, Bristol, W Midlands and St Georges have gone ...
Original post by Rob100989
Still waiting here too :/

Am i right in saying that if Bristol have sent out one email then they would have sent them all? In that case, Bristol, W Midlands and St Georges have gone ...

Were there only 1 post at each Trust? And where else have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending