The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Quickly get on a plane to the Isle of Man....

Hahaha +1
Reply 1561
Original post by baztech
Hey everyone, how we all doing. Still not started UKCAT rev yet...

dmz - I am jealous! 72hours! I need money for University and all I am managing is P/T bar work the now, sobsob. Which is minimum wage of course.

Got decentish feedback from Aberdeen and St.Andrews, I think I should be getting a shadowing placement sorted for June, apart from that I have been doing flip all... Need to get in shape also!!

60 last week and 54 before, good thing is I'm too busy working to waste money. Just feel bad for my parents for 2012/2013 so i won't take any money off them this yr :tongue:, i was offered 84 but don't know i can do that, it's from 2 seperate jobs tho
Original post by baztech
Hey everyone, how we all doing. Still not started UKCAT rev yet...

dmz - I am jealous! 72hours! I need money for University and all I am managing is P/T bar work the now, sobsob. Which is minimum wage of course.

Got decentish feedback from Aberdeen and St.Andrews, I think I should be getting a shadowing placement sorted for June, apart from that I have been doing flip all... Need to get in shape also!!

I haven't started and have no intention of doing so till after exams :smile:
I was thinking to book end of august/start of sept which gives me like a month away, should be enough right..?
I applied to Aberdeen too, God knows why, i don't actually know what they're looking for and I know absolutely no one with a med offer from them :s-smilie:

Original post by dmz
you're not. I know where you're coming from with the prefix but mine and my brothers are a bit more rare (prefix wise) also my first name is 12 letters tho i only use all of it on legal/important documents

Okay fair do's
I've given up on this guessing game :rolleyes:
Reply 1563
It's Friday!

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1564
Original post by atomos
guyssss email or no email? im starting to panic incase somehow ucas will hate me and not let me reapply D:

or am i being really paranoid and should just leave it? :')

I'd send Belfast and UCAS emails just in case

But don't worry too much, it was just an honest mistake. I very much doubt they'd stop you applying through UCAS ever again based on that :console:
Original post by -Taz-
I'd send Belfast and UCAS emails just in case

But don't worry too much, it was just an honest mistake. I very much doubt they'd stop you applying through UCAS ever again based on that :console:

I ended up emailing queens, I can be so blonde sometimes...
I'll see what they reply then decide if I should email UCAS, because I'm not bothered about having wasted my Extra application, just want to make sure I'm still safe for next year :tongue:
Reply 1566
Original post by atomos
I ended up emailing queens, I can be so blonde sometimes...
I'll see what they reply then decide if I should email UCAS, because I'm not bothered about having wasted my Extra application, just want to make sure I'm still safe for next year :tongue:

you can withdraw after 21 days and apply elsewhere in you wish so it's not wasted really
Original post by dmz
you can withdraw after 21 days and apply elsewhere in you wish so it's not wasted really

I need a job, demi. Ahhhhhhh.......... :gunfire:

I iz sad, blood. :frown:
Original post by dmz

how long does it take before you can withdraw? i tried to do that earlier but it wouldn't let me
Reply 1569
Original post by firestar101
I need a job, demi. Ahhhhhhh.......... :gunfire:

I iz sad, blood. :frown:

get applying! I made a £200 bet with a friend to see who gets higher in D1 and i have 2weeks to learn it, :lol:
Reply 1570
Original post by atomos
how long does it take before you can withdraw? i tried to do that earlier but it wouldn't let me

21days, or if they reply before then you can firm or decline
Original post by dmz
60 last week and 54 before, good thing is I'm too busy working to waste money. Just feel bad for my parents for 2012/2013 so i won't take any money off them this yr :tongue:, i was offered 84 but don't know i can do that, it's from 2 seperate jobs tho

Yeah it was like that when I was working F/T, you have barely any free time to waste money so you become pretty rich quickly esp if you are living with your folks.

2 jobs tax must be a bitch though?

Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
I haven't started and have no intention of doing so till after exams :smile:
I was thinking to book end of august/start of sept which gives me like a month away, should be enough right..?
I applied to Aberdeen too, God knows why, i don't actually know what they're looking for and I know absolutely no one with a med offer from them :s-smilie:

Sounds about right, no more than a month I say, does anyone know what the best book is after the 600Q one? I wish they updated that one every year! Imagine how good a 2nd 600Q book would be but with just diff questions!

Aberdeen interview was brutal for me, left a bad taste in my month, probably won't reapply next year, thinking defo glasgow and dundee now, since I can't afford English unis now...(and they both look brillant in their own right anyway).

Did anyone get feedback regarding modules. St.Andrews said I need to undertake Higher Chemistry if I want to reapply, as my last chem module was in 1st year University (5 years ago). Apparantly qualifications are out of date after 5 years! :O There is a college that is literally a 5min walk from my house, mite be fun...

Also Taz, no-you-did-int!

Love this dub, EVERYBODYS RUSSIAN!
Reply 1572
Original post by baztech
Yeah it was like that when I was working F/T, you have barely any free time to waste money so you become pretty rich quickly esp if you are living with your folks.

Sounds about right, no more than a month I say, does anyone know what the best book is after the 600Q one? I wish they updated that one every year! Imagine how good a 2nd 600Q book would be but with just diff questions!

Aberdeen interview was brutal for me, left a bad taste in my month, probably won't reapply next year, thinking defo glasgow and dundee now, since I can't afford English unis now...(and they both look brillant in their own right anyway).

Did anyone get feedback regarding modules. St.Andrews said I need to undertake Higher Chemistry if I want to reapply, as my last chem module was in 1st year University (5 years ago). Apparantly qualifications are out of date after 5 years! :O There is a college that is literally a 5min walk from my house, mite be fun...

Yea i live with them it's still 18 :tongue:. One of them is monthly and they're paying two months in one go so no idea how horrible it'd be, the one weekly i do 30 36 hours and usually get about 199 net, after this exam I'm going 72 for about 2months which would get me 3K :biggrin:
Original post by dmz
21days, or if they reply before then you can firm or decline

oh right, totally read that wrong sorry, thought you meant you have 21 days to withdraw, after that you can't
Reply 1574
Original post by atomos
oh right, totally read that wrong sorry, thought you meant you have 21 days to withdraw, after that you can't

:tongue: I'm sure you'll be fine anyway :smile:
Original post by baztech

Baztech,

How are you finding job hunting for a health care job. There seems to be literally no jobs. Most require months of experience.
(edited 12 years ago)
It's brutal, given up looking for now. Sorry for rubbish reply I now have to rush for a shift at the bar! How you been anyway firestar?
Reply 1577
go for care homes, most don't ask for experience, lot easier
Original post by baztech
It's brutal, given up looking for now. Sorry for rubbish reply I now have to rush for a shift at the bar! How you been anyway firestar?

I have been good, just want a health related job though. So hard. I have tried applying to care homes and they are hard to get into also.
Reply 1579
Original post by firestar101
I have been good, just want a health related job though. So hard. I have tried applying to care homes and they are hard to get into also.

try the bupa site, apply for both full time and bank. I applied to about 7 with bupa and i got a call from them for one i didn't apply for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending