The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JulietAlphaGolf
Hey

I have firmed my conditional offer for Geology 2 months ago, seeing as your doing earth sciences im guessing you have seen the infamous UCL small "rock room" lol.

I haven't heard anything from UCL since i firmed them so i suggest just filling out the accommodation form and sending it off to them ASAP :biggrin:

Indeed, Much awaits to be seen! To be honest I can't wait to explore the rock collection (it sounds kinda sad but when your a geologist I hate to admit it but everything does right?)

Thanks for your info, printed off a form and will send it off tomorrow!

Hopefully I can get the grades and see you there!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by TheRockMaster
Indeed, Much awaits to be seen! To be honest I can't wait to explore the rock collection (it sounds kinda sad but when your a geologist I hate to admit it but everything does right?)

Thanks for your info, printed off a form and will send it off tomorrow!

Hopefully I can get the grades and see you there!

Yeah every time i tell someone im doing geology at uni they always reply "what studying rocks!?"

I have to admit it too its all kinda rocks but i cant wait for the field trips and learning plate tectonics in depth :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

What grades do you need?
Yeah every time i tell someone im doing geology at uni they always reply "what studying rocks!?"

I have to admit it too its all kinda rocks but i cant wait for the field trips and learning plate tectonics in depth :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

What grades do you need?

Me too, the trips are gonna be awesome...Italy, Spain or Cyprus!

AAB- Not as daunting as two of my subjects are geology and geography but the third is psychology (don't ask- long story). The B will be a hard thing, so will A in geography.

Infact with my GCSE grades I was surprised to be given an offer!
You?:confused:
Me too, the trips are gonna be awesome...Italy, Spain or Cyprus!

AAB- Not as daunting as two of my subjects are geology and geography but the third is psychology (don't ask- long story). The B will be a hard thing, so will A in geography.

Infact with my GCSE grades I was surprised to be given an offer!
You?:confused:

My GCSE results were below par and i was so lucky to even be considered to do the course. My AS results were terrible so when i got the interview i thought i either got in via mistake or a wildcard. Im kinda guessing my personal statement done wonders for me.

ABB need the A in geo or biology:biggrin:
My GCSE results were below par and i was so lucky to even be considered to do the course. My AS results were terrible so when i got the interview i thought i either got in via mistake or a wildcard. Im kinda guessing my personal statement done wonders for me.

ABB need the A in geo or biology:biggrin:

What exam board are you doing for geog?
Original post by Lollyage
I'm applying to UCL (hopefully) in 2012 but I'm worried my GCSEs are a little weak? They're A*A*AAAABBBBB, which are still okay I know but maybe on the borderline for a top uni like UCL..

So I was just wondering what everyone else's GCSEs are like, did anyone get lower than me and still get in?
Btw, it's for Linguistics :smile:

Got an offer of AAB and got BBCCCFC at GCSE's. They look at other things as well, such as the passion for the subject you are applying to. Even if it is an academic science. I got an offer for earth sciences even though I got a C an GCSE....Chill:cool:
Just firmed UCL, hope I make the AAA offer now inshallah :smile:
Original post by Aspiring Medic 201
I have an offer for medicine :smile:

Congrats!
What exam board are you doing for geog?

AQA you?
Original post by There will be Particles
Just firmed UCL, hope I make the AAA offer now inshallah :smile:

Good luck! what course?
Forgot to post here:

FIRMED UCL :woo::woo:
AQA you?

Edexcel....:P
Original post by Ultimate1
Forgot to post here:

FIRMED UCL :woo::woo:

Congrats! Join the party!

But the most important thing is yet to be done! (Get the grades)!- freaked out about that part.
Congrats! Join the party!

But the most important thing is yet to be done! (Get the grades)!- freaked out about that part.

Yeah i cant imagine the count down to results day and the midnight before when we find out whether we got into uni!

Whats your insurance? Same course?:colondollar:
Reply 3154
So far, I have had six exams and the other four I'm about to sit in a few weeks. I have also received results from the former six and, well, it's very problematic, because although I achieved 11 in Philosophy and Mathematics and full marks in Czech and English orals, I also attained a 2 in Spanish - and my condition states I need a 1 :s-smilie:

I am very much afraid that I will not come to UCL in September :frown: Will have to call the uni on Monday, waaagh.
Original post by Ivanka
So far, I have had six exams and the other four I'm about to sit in a few weeks. I have also received results from the former six and, well, it's very problematic, because although I achieved 11 in Philosophy and Mathematics and full marks in Czech and English orals, I also attained a 2 in Spanish - and my condition states I need a 1 :s-smilie:

I am very much afraid that I will not come to UCL in September :frown: Will have to call the uni on Monday, waaagh.

How far off a 1 were you in Spanish, if it wasn't by very much I think they may turn a blind eye.
Yeah i cant imagine the count down to results day and the midnight before when we find out whether we got into uni!

Whats your insurance? Same course?:colondollar:

I am not even going to think about it!

Insurance- Royal holloway, Geoscience.
You?
I am not even going to think about it!

Insurance- Royal holloway, Geoscience.
You?

Birmingham - Msci Geology

I went Royal Holloway aka HOGWARTS lol I like how its really informal and what not. A lot of lectures though but then again i guess that's a good thing preparing for exams etc :dumbells:
Reply 3158
Original post by Poobington
How far off a 1 were you in Spanish, if it wasn't by very much I think they may turn a blind eye.

We don't get marks in Spanish, I had two exams, one was a written one (got 72%, 13 points off a 1, had a 33% value) and the other one was oral where it was solely up to my teacher what I would get, without any specific marking, so I have no idea how I did during the oral.
Reply 3159
Hey If any of you have done the IB and have gotten offers for any engineering program could you please tell me what offers you got?? and if you like your predicted grades? thanks alot! (you can send me a PM)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending