The Student Room Group

Most Boring A Level????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wor Carroll
Maths

Why would I need to know the gradient of a curve or the area underneath it? It's just so repetitive and boring!!

Ditto. I just can't find the stuff "interesting". I love Biology & Chemistry though :smile:
Original post by LifeIsGood
Ditto. I just can't find the stuff "interesting". I love Biology & Chemistry though :smile:

Yeah I do biology and chemistry as well and I think they are loads better than maths:smile:
Yeah I do biology and chemistry as well and I think they are loads better than maths:smile:

:biggrin:

What exam boards are you for your Sciences?
there should be a poll and answering the question i personally think Sociology is the most boring a level ever
Original post by Accalia
Geology looks dull to me.

:frown:
well out of the four ASs I took and the three A levels I am presently doing... I'd have to say english language bores me this year...
although, I dropped chemistry... but not because it bored me...
I did take AS french for about a month in year 12... but I dropped it because it was painstakingly boring
Maths.

Never enjoyed it, never will. Though I'd love to actually understand it, I've never grasped it.

Of the subjects I do, English bores me the most.
Original post by LifeIsGood
:biggrin:

What exam boards are you for your Sciences?

OCR for bio and chem. (For maths it's AQA)
Reply 108

OCR for bio and chem. (For maths it's AQA)

Ah, AQA Maths. Always sounded weird to me because right from years 9 to 11, it was Edexcel and it sort of became the norm for me. How do you find the exams?
Reply 109
Original post by recurring500
What do you think?

has to be sociology doesn't it? why would you take it, it's a huge waste of time... or perhaps health and social.
Reply 110
Original post by Meron
accounting boring

+1
Reply 111
Original post by Skaterkid

Original post by Skaterkid
there should be a poll and answering the question i personally think Sociology is the most boring a level ever

Lol, it is.
But judging from my experience (and my Sixth form), I drew up the conclusion that it is boring because people are reluctant to discuss. The only way it can be interesting is if people actually shared their opinions.
My Sociology lesson is painstakingly boring but I blame my peers. I have so much to say in every lesson but after I give my opinion the third/fourth time, I get looks like "shut the hell up you nerd". *sighs*
Reply 112

Maths

Why would I need to know the gradient of a curve or the area underneath it? It's just so repetitive and boring!!

I know! Dear me. *face in palm*
Reply 113
Original post by JaiiStarh
ENGLISH IS BORING????????
You must have a really crap English teacher!
What is English (or Philosophy) without a wild teacher who will sometimes spontaneously go slightly off topic and create an inspiring class discussion:biggrin:

I agree very much with you! English (Literature) seems to be the only thing that gets me going about my A level studies. Whew. :cool:
Reply 114
I was quite fond of Politics when it started, but later it became pretty dull and boring..
Original post by Moyosola
Ah, AQA Maths. Always sounded weird to me because right from years 9 to 11, it was Edexcel and it sort of became the norm for me. How do you find the exams?

Do you mean just maths or biology and chemistry as well?
Reply 116
Original post by TheatreLovely
For me it depends on the class I'm in. I am constantly bored in German and English Lit because no one in our class really contributes or takes it seriously, but French and maths are completelty the opposite and I never seem to have them enough!

I feel this way about my Sociology class also. The point of the subject is that you explore/criticise/analyse arguments and you just might see how much you know. But nah, no one contributes.
English Literature, however, is the most interesting thing in the world. But I think that it is just because of my love for it. Because no one in the class does anything. No reading, no contribution - it's like why are you even here? :mad:
Reply 117

Do you mean just maths or biology and chemistry as well?

Oh, just Maths. I presume Biology and Chemistry would be slightly difficult(?) Some of my peers complain a lot so yeah.
Reply 118
Original post by London Blue
History probably.
Or English Lit. And this is coming from someone who wants to be a novelist.

Lol, that hit me like a punch with full force. But I think it's either your teacher or the other students. I understand that a subject could seem boring because people don't contribute (especially a discussion-essential subject like English Lit).. or the teacher just doesn't do it right.
Or is it simply boring just because?
i study biology, chemistry and mathematics and i find them all really good and interesting. however my twin sister studies philosophy and she thinks that it is sooo boring and it is a waste of time because it confuses you soo much

Quick Reply

Latest