The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Is the next episode of Doctor Who meant to be a sort of homage to PotC? As it looks like PotC and even has a similar story with the black spot. Or is the black spot a common myth/legend of pirate folklore?

I would love for their to be a Doctor Who motion picture as long as Moffat was given free reign without any Hollywood influence :colonhash:
Original post by Mess.
Is the next episode of Doctor Who meant to be a sort of homage to PotC? As it looks like PotC and even has a similar story with the black spot. Or is the black spot a common myth/legend of pirate folklore?

I would love for their to be a Doctor Who motion picture as long as Moffat was given free reign without any Hollywood influence :colonhash:

Black Spot is a common pirate thing :yep:
Reply 1542
Original post by cambo211

Black Spot is a common pirate thing :yep:

Ah, thought it might be. I am normally really up on myths, legends and folklore so I don't know how I have missed that!

I wonder what other other pirate folklore I am missing :sad: I shall be reading up on the black spot post-DW episode!

I am interested to see how the Doctor reacts to being stuck on a tiny boat, would be amusing if he got sea sickness :teehee:
Original post by Mess.
Ah, thought it might be. I am normally really up on myths, legends and folklore so I don't know how I have missed that!

I wonder what other other pirate folklore I am missing :sad: I shall be reading up on the black spot post-DW episode!

I am interested to see how the Doctor reacts to being stuck on a tiny boat, would be amusing if he got sea sickness :teehee:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Spot_(Treasure_Island)
Reply 1544
Original post by Mess.

when your reading up on the black spot you should watch muppet treasure island as part of the research :biggrin: as its in that as well
Reply 1545

I have read Treasure Island, how didn't I remember this :facepalm2:
Reply 1546
http://www.mirror.co.uk/doctorwho/

Is everyone looking forward to getting their toys :woohoo:
Original post by Mess.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/doctorwho/

Is everyone looking forward to getting their toys :woohoo:

I LOVE The Dalek one!!! Thanks for this :biggrin:
I spy Andrew Garfield :teeth:
In Blink near the end when Sally is collating all the information there are various pictures of Angels.

AND

Whatever holds the image of an Angel becomes an Angel.

DUN ... DUN DUN DUN

Cue ominous sounding music.
Reply 1550
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
She's here in spirit.

:awesome:
Nice to know I'm loved :h:

Also, I'm really not bothered about starting an episode thread.
Future episode called

Spoiler

Is it a certain Dr. Song?
I'll take episode 12, like.

What do I do?
Original post by Mess.
Check above :h: I was wondering whether they would be a tad too formal though, perhaps maybe a plimsoll brogue?

The chinos look pretty much spot-on.

They are pretty nice brogues.
I just spent an hour catching up on this thread. :ahee:

I'm definitely being more of a Doctor Who nerd than usual this series.
I wish I was part of the Doctor Who cast, all they seem to do is dance!

PLUS IT'S SATURDAY *squeals and goes all fangirly*
Original post by LawBore
Future episode called

Spoiler

Is it a certain Dr. Song?

Well no need for spoiler really as it is knowledge now.

Also The Next Doctor and The Doctor's Daughter weren't that simple were they?

Original post by Colonel.
I'll take episode 12, like.

What do I do?

Just start up the thread, give the synopsis (in spoilers) and then post the trailers.

Original post by greeneyedgirl

:dance:
Reply 1557
Original post by greeneyedgirl

That is true they do see like a fun lot to be honest from the behind the scenes stuff I have seen.

Also no idea why but that just put the idea into my head of what the Doctor would act like if he was drunk :laugh:
Original post by JWH
That is true they do see like a fun lot to be honest from the behind the scenes stuff I have seen.

Also no idea why but that just put the idea into my head of what the Doctor would act like if he was drunk :laugh:

He would be awesome in every single way shape and form. But also possibly more confusing than normal.
Original post by humy369
I wonder if this is where we'll start seeing her vulnerable side :curious:

She does show her vulnerable side in the last series finale, when she recongnizes Rory the Auton
But it would be great of she felt jealous of himm for once :unimpressed:

Latest